Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tracie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Tracie you will love Elara. We only went to south rim of GC and it was something I will never ever forget. Check out Travelzoo/Groupon for tours. I know it's a long day starting at about 6.00am but worth it... well we thought so anyway. We might get a car ...not for shopping...maybe Death Valley. Is this your first time and how long are you there? We stayed overnight at GC. Red Rock Canyon is worth a look if you can't stretch to the GC.
Will do thanks- so glad you rate the Elara- I do like a Hilton! 😁
it is our first visit, we are planning a west coast trip next year for our 30th wedding anniversary so may leave the south rim GC till then when we can stay a couple of nights.

I've booked scoot city tours to red rock on hubbys actual birthday on 14th so have that. I'm thinking now to just have a car for a couple of days at end of holiday to do Hoover dam, lake mead outlets etc

I've booked blue man group for one night on a travelzoo offer - looking at Mj one as well but might leave that till we are there.

Xx

Oct 05 Regal Palms @ Highlands Reserve Villa
May 07 Dibb Owner villa on Highlands Reserve
July 2010 Dibb owner villa on High Grove
July 2015 Ft Lauderdale, Saratoga Springs Resort &. Dibb villa on High Grove
tracie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracie View Post
Will do thanks- so glad you rate the Elara- I do like a Hilton! 😁
it is our first visit, we are planning a west coast trip next year for our 30th wedding anniversary so may leave the south rim GC till then when we can stay a couple of nights.

I've booked scoot city tours to red rock on hubbys actual birthday on 14th so have that. I'm thinking now to just have a car for a couple of days at end of holiday to do Hoover dam, lake mead outlets etc

I've booked blue man group for one night on a travelzoo offer - looking at Mj one as well but might leave that till we are there.

Xx
We are thinking a car for 2 days in the middle as well. Think you are doing the right thing leaving GC till you can go to south rim and stay overnight if you can. You will find loads to do instead. I fancy MJ as well, but leaving it till we get there. So jealous of your Elara stay.. Will you post and tell me what you think please?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tracie

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We are thinking a car for 2 days in the middle as well. Think you are doing the right thing leaving GC till you can go to south rim and stay overnight if you can. You will find loads to do instead. I fancy MJ as well, but leaving it till we get there. So jealous of your Elara stay.. Will you post and tell me what you think please?

Hey yes will do- I still need to do the car hire

Is there somewhere to collect on the strip or do you need to get back to the airport to collect one?

tracie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tracie View Post
Hey yes will do- I still need to do the car hire

Is there somewhere to collect on the strip or do you need to get back to the airport to collect one?
You can collect on the strip, a few hotels have car hire places, but I would go back to the airport car hire depot, its not out your way. You have all the car hire firms there and a much greater choice of cars.

(Its not actually the airport as such you get a shuttle from the airport to the car hire place, but in your car you would go straight to the depot its not far from the Vegas sign).
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tracie

Thank you, will do that then.

Old 10 May 17, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We are here now. Yeh! Will be at Mirage when we need the car. It costs $30 more to pick car up from there than going back up to place by the airport. An Uber would cost about $22 there and back, so for about $8 more we are just going downstairs and getting it from there. Lot of hotels have car hire. If you are picking up on your arrival day would may be cheaper. We got ours at Bellagio in Feb.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List