Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by queenie353 View Post
Hi creaking stool
This is great. It has given me a plan of action. Where on touring plans does it show the length of time to walk between different rides? Btw I don't think it's overkill at all. Like you it's our first time as well and while we don't want a military like planned holiday I don't want to waste time on silly things like walking unnecessary around the park. Thanks again
Once you have a list of rides in a plan and you optimise or evaluate it gives you 4 columns of ride data - queue time, ride time, hanging about time and walk time to next attraction I think. It's really handy

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Not long to go now. Sounds like you are going to have an amazing holiday.
Thanks for reading. We can't wait now

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Super thanks. Have a great trip and I'll be waiting patiently for your trip report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Link To Introductions and Pre Trip index

Previous Update - Ahhhh! 37 Days to go

WOW - 18 Days

I can't believe how quick this holiday is coming round, to closer it gets the quicker it passes

We've just had our last trip in the caravan until probably August, May Day weekend in Pateley Bridge watching the Tour De Yorkshire, we watch it every year now, stage 2 and stage 3, and have a great time. Pateley Bridge is lovely and we will definately visit the area again to explore.

I've been writing lots of lists and have made a couple of important Etsy purchases,

Ears from Imagine Ears Uk which we love so much.

Autograph/Memory Books from JustForYouGuestbooks. I plan on having the pages signed on one half and put pictures on the other half.

I also made 21 day countdown for the children, the pictures are of the places we will be visiting on out trip.

I paid the balance on our cottage in Anna Maria Island and I've completed the API details for the flights so a few ticks there. The age old advice of 'wear in the new footwear' has been valuable as my new trainers have given me a huge and painful blister on the back of my heel and so I've bought a new pair and will try and sell the others. I've also bought Imogen a lovely Belle dress from Matalan which looks fairly cool, this will be for her BBB make over.

I'm off shopping with my mum on Friday to Primark, hoping to pick up a few Disney and Harry Potter bits. I would love Imogen to get picked in the wand shop so am looking out for something to make her stand out, she would love it. Will get a few basics too.

Have a few bits still to buy like SD cards and power banks, I bought some sun cream from Aldi to try and was quite impressed so I think I'll pick up some more of that.

My next job is to sort out DH birthday gifts as that is the day before we go on holiday and its a big one! Also means I need to be organised as that day is going to be busy so I need most of the packing done well before.

I'll be back again soon, thanks for reading

TO DO LIST
DONE - Book Car Hire
DONE - Book Anna Maria Island Accomodation
DONE - Book Universal Hotel
DONE - Book Universal Tickets
DONE - Renew DHs passport
DONE - Apply for all our ESTA's
DONE - Travel Insurance
NOT DOING - Car Parking at Manchester Airport
NOT DOING - Possibly Lounge Access at Manchester Airport
DONE - Kennedy Space Centre Booking
DONE - Air Boat Booking
DONE - Plan ADR's
DONE - Book ADR's
DONE - In Progress - Plan FP+
DONE - Book FP+
DONE - Headphones for Plane - Just need mine.
NOT DOING - Wishes Cruise?
DONE - Book cattery for Lulu
DONE - Book Magical Express
DONE - Customise Magic Bands
Sort out gadgets with 'Just in Case' entertainment
DONE - New Suitcases
DONE - Pay Disney Balance
DONE - Pay AMI Balance
DONE - Pay Orlando Attractions Balance
DONE - Spending Money Method?
Sort out Camera and memory card options
DONE - Holiday Clothes Requirements
NOT DOING - Garden Grocery order
DONE - Letter to inform school as kids are missing 5 days
IN PROGRESS - Footwear purchases to be made and 'worn in'
NEW - SD Cards and Power Packs

Laminate all Plans

Edited at 12:33 PM.
Old 6 May 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm loving all the detail in your planning, it's so helpful! Sounds like a fantastic trip and how exciting that it's nearly time to go! Love the ears too.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Hi Jules

Thought I'd pop by to see how your preparations were going

Love the ears I also brought 2 pairs of ears from Janine at Imagine Ears UK So pleased with them, really good quality. If you wear them in Sci-Fi I will definitely recognise you

Sounds like your on top of everything. I've been packing this week and rechecking everything 100 times and then repackaging

Can't believe we are nearly off!

Have a magical time and I look forward to reading all about your magical adventures

x
Old 17 May 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I'm loving all the detail in your planning, it's so helpful! Sounds like a fantastic trip and how exciting that it's nearly time to go! Love the ears too.
Thanks for reading Mrs SilverStar, I worry sometimes that I've gone on a bit too much but I know sometimes the details are so useful especially for newbies,

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Hi Jules

Thought I'd pop by to see how your preparations were going

Love the ears I also brought 2 pairs of ears from Janine at Imagine Ears UK So pleased with them, really good quality. If you wear them in Sci-Fi I will definitely recognise you

Sounds like your on top of everything. I've been packing this week and rechecking everything 100 times and then repackaging

Can't believe we are nearly off!

Have a magical time and I look forward to reading all about your magical adventures

x
Hi Mouselover, you will be away on your holidays now so hope you are having a great time. I will try and remember to take our ears with us to HS, would be fun to say hello

Old 17 May 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Wow 2 days away now

Today was my last day in the office, I'm working from home tomorrow and I don't work on Fridays so it's proper countdown time now We are all so excited about the holiday.

Last weekend was packing time and I ended Saturday with a glass or prosecco and a smile to know that most of it is done.

I have a little list of things to put in over the next few days and on Saturday morning and the hand luggage just needs finishing off.

My lovely mum has lined the sleeves of Imogens Belle dress with tshirt material as it was itchy (she really doesn't like itchy!) and now its perfect

I called up Disney in the week and booked the picnic umbrellas for the 4 of us ay Blizzard Beach on Memorial day. It wasn't too expensive and I was worried it might be a bit busy that morning. Gives us a base. I also called Universal to enquire about the same thing at Volcano Bay but it was way too expensive as we have to buy 2 lots, I'm hoping that early entry might be extended to the week we are visiting.

I'm a but worried about the rumoured ban on electronics due to being in the airtanker 2 coming home with the whole streaming entertainment service, I know it will be OK, of course we will survive! Its just something I wasn't planning on having to deal with and also a worry about putting expensive items in the case

What else have I done this past few days? Got some dollars (rate 1.2762 or something similar!), checked in online for Alamo Brits car pick up at Disney car care, finished my document and plan printing - roll on Saturday morning Just some laminating to do

Thanks for reading, not sure if I'll get on to do a last update. I have my notebook for recording the details of the trip and am looking forward to writing up the trippie once I'm back and no longer jet lagged

Old 8 Jun 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Just read all of your pre-trip updates! Really looking forward to reading the rest as we're also staying at OKW / RPR and have quite a few similar ADRs

Hope you had a fantastic holiday
LoopyDisney7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Finally started my trip report if anyone wants to read it. Link to index;

https://DIBB.in/12930725

Thanks for reading xxx