Old 20 Nov 08, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

The Melbournes prepare for battle!

ME - Stressed out mum
Hubbie - Tight fisted Dad Very Grumpy
Eldest Daughter 8 - Meg
Middle Satan Son 4 - Mab
Baby darling 1 - Mal

We the time has come to start preparing for battle... but im sure the worst is yet to come.
We decided this year instead of spending our hard earned money on feeding other people at Christmas and giving the kids presents they break on boxing day, we would have a once in a lifetime Christmas in Disney!

So after looking in to all options we decided we were going to stay at Pop Century, after reading loads of reviews we decided a little noise is nothing, the pools looked fantastic, the price was right and we could stay for 3 weeks, wwww lucky us, so thats booked!

Then was flights, Hubbie and i had been to America before and flown on Virgin, so thats where i went Virgin, only to find tickets at over £3000 , so i start thinking, wow mabey Christmas at home would be cheaper, but Hubbie said 'lets make an adventure of it' like travelling with 3 kids isnt an adventure! so we looked at other flights, Travel City was cheap, but the cheapest option for us( very lucky now as it seems) was British Midland, from Manchester to Chicago, then from Chicago to Orlando.. and £1120, Bargain !

So there we have it hotel and flights!
What else do i need...
So theres park tickets, we have to buy Disney park tickets,and got a 21 day pass, but as yet we are unsure if we are getting Flex tickets as it works out at £492 for 14 day pass and not sure if this is worth it?
We have booked the magical express to pick us up at orlando, and Christmas dinner with friends, so now we wait, 4 weeks to go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 08, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
WOW, not long now then, i'm sure you will have a fabulous time.

If I may add, you are also escaping for exactly the same reasons we are over Christmas, we told family that we would alternate one Christmas here and one at 'home', but to be honest i'd rather spend Christmas away as it is far less stressful and a lot less expensive
Fairy+4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 08, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

We decided this year instead of spending our hard earned money on feeding other people at Christmas and giving the kids presents they break on boxing day, we would have a once in a lifetime Christmas in Disney!
QUOTE]

We did the ‘once in a lifetime holiday’ in 1994 – now going back for our 9th trip
Wouldn’t bother to much about flextickets, you catch it next year!
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 08, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Although i am really looking forward to it, i am also so nervous that it wont be christmasy, all you christmas visitors...is it as good as i have been told?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List