Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 17, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Really with no idea of budget this is tough but if I was treating myself and it was a first trip I'd probably book one of the newer towers at Ceasars Palace. The location is fantastic , it's a Vegas icon and you can get fountain view rooms and the pool area is lovely . As an added bonus the twenty dollar trick usually works here too.

Cosmo is lovely but is younger and edgier , so a lot depends on what kind of atmosphere you are looking for.

The only one of the really nice hotels I'd not consider in the Wynn. Gorgeous hotel but not central enough.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Loved the Cosmopolitan! We had a fountain view terrace with 2 baths, it was amazing. Sitting in the Japanese soaking tub, looking over the strip and fountains was surreal.

Would go back in a heart beat
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

I wanted the Venetian/Palazzo but as that part of the trip is DS's choice, he chose Caesars! We have an Augustus Tower strip view room

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

The Wynn took my breath away when we visited last year, but felt too posh for me!

In reality a room overlooking the Bellagio fountains would get my vote

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
toolman
Serious Dibber

We've stayed at Luxor (ok, but would not go back) Mirage (world's most comfortable bed and a really nice room, the hotel is in a good place on the strip) and Signature at MGM - which are going back to in a couple of weeks- enough said!
Loved the spacious room, in-room kitchen facilities, jacuzzi bath and the fact it is close, but not actually on the strip.
So much choice :-)
Old 12 Mar 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Caesars for us.

Stayed in the Encore first time round and whilst a beautiful hotel, just felt it wasn't 'us'.

We liked the look of Caesars and last year stayed 2 nights in a Bellagio fountain facing room.

Loved this hotel!
Old 16 Mar 17, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at the Venetian last time we went. I loved it. Going back in August. We thought we should try another and so trying the Wynn as several friends have stayed there regularly and love it.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We've got friends in Vegas at the moment stopping at the mirage . We met them yesterday and asked about the hotel , as we've always thought it lovely specially the pool area .

They said the rooms ok but you can tell it's one of the older hotels as it's looking it's age and everything in the hotel is expensive . They come to Vegas once / twice a year and stay at the likes of the Venetian , bellagio , Caesars Palace and the MGM so maybe it doesn't compare to what they are used to ?
First time I've heard a less than positive review of the Mirage .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TracyW View Post
I wanted the Venetian/Palazzo but as that part of the trip is DS's choice, he chose Caesars! We have an Augustus Tower strip view room
Excellent chance of snagging a suite using the $20 trick there. Make it your first gamble in Vegas and give it a go !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Excellent chance of snagging a suite using the $20 trick there. Make it your first gamble in Vegas and give it a go !
Really, that would be great, worth a try!

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List