Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
yorks_disney13
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile Strange things happening with our flights?!

Has this happened to anyone else?! Booked our PE flights back in Jan for Oct/Nov this year, Delta booking but both flights operated by Virgin. Got our seats selected straight away and have been occasionally checking the seat plans to keep an eye on how full the flights were. Logged into the virgin app last night and our return flight fare code has changed from W to A and error accessing the seat plans. Checked the Virgin site this morning and the return flight under seat selection now says UC next to our names but still has our PE seat refs, though lets me select the last 2 seats in UC. Rang them up early to check and they said we're still in PE. Can't understand what's going on, would be lovely to be upgraded but would they do that this early?! Can anyone shed any light on this?
yorks_disney13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

I've had an email from Delta as we booked with them but on VA on 17/08 to 31/08 VS75 & 76 with a scheduled change. Nothing had changed except the aircraft to a340 and a cabin upgrade to first class😁😁😁
Booking on delta site had the change but VA site still the PE and 747☹️

I called VA and unfortunately it's a delta site issue that has sent out emails. We had an hour thinking wow first class 😢😢
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by yorks_disney13 View Post
Has this happened to anyone else?! Booked our PE flights back in Jan for Oct/Nov this year, Delta booking but both flights operated by Virgin. Got our seats selected straight away and have been occasionally checking the seat plans to keep an eye on how full the flights were. Logged into the virgin app last night and our return flight fare code has changed from W to A and error accessing the seat plans. Checked the Virgin site this morning and the return flight under seat selection now says UC next to our names but still has our PE seat refs, though lets me select the last 2 seats in UC. Rang them up early to check and they said we're still in PE. Can't understand what's going on, would be lovely to be upgraded but would they do that this early?! Can anyone shed any light on this?
Hi Yorks, same happened to us. DH saw email from Expedia saying Delta had informed them of our upgrade to First class! However, as he immediately said, things like that don' t happen to us! Did check with Expedia, they said could see the change but couldn't tell if was free. In the meantime checked Delta booking, which was showing a change indicating 'First' class but our PE seats numbers were still the same. Also the plane appeared now to be an Airbus. Checked on Virgin site and we were still PE. Decided to phone Virgin as now a little concerned that either Delta or Expedia had been hacked, they checked, we were still PE and this was the second call he had had about this (we phoned about 9.45am). DH did a little digging on the web and this had come up on another site today. The upgrade fairy hadn't been 😢 and it might be an IT glich with Delta. Assume we might hear from Delta tomorrow that it was an error...? or on the other hand... (fairy dust anyone?) 😀
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
yorks_disney13
Having Dinner with Goofy

Haven't had an email just noticed through checking. My first thought was it's a glitch, that's why I'm trying not to get too giddy lol. Just strange that Virgin site would let me change to UC seats for the return leg. I daren't do it though just in case we lose our PE seats together in the already pretty full PE cabin. Am going to keep an eye on it though
yorks_disney13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yorks_disney13 View Post
Haven't had an email just noticed through checking. My first thought was it's a glitch, that's why I'm trying not to get too giddy lol. Just strange that Virgin site would let me change to UC seats for the return leg. I daren't do it though just in case we lose our PE seats together in the already pretty full PE cabin. Am going to keep an eye on it though
I've just checked mine and I too can change seats on the return leg but not the outward flight. Like you I'm too scared to hit the button and potentially lose my PE seats on a full flight😳
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

hello

I too I have just received an email upgrading us to 'First'. I have checked VA site, and where it used to say 'premium economy' it now says 'operated by Delta Air' and when I go onto the Delta website, it says Airbus instead of the 747-400 as it used to. my seats are still PE though.

So like everyone, im confused, have we changed planes and therefore upgraded as we are wonderful people or is this a horrible glitch
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
yorks_disney13
Having Dinner with Goofy

Yes my booking says exactly that MJordan Oh it definitely seems like a glitch then even though we are wonderful and deserving of the upgrade let's keep everything crossed they don't figure it out and we get a lovely upgrade in the end lol
Old 2 Apr 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

Don't all get too excited, Deltas first class is the 3rd best class of seat and is around the same in comparison to virgins PE.
I'm guessing that it's a lost in translation kind of moment when the flights got converted from Operated by Delta to operated by Virgin.
Old 2 Apr 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katenbeth View Post
Don't all get too excited, Deltas first class is the 3rd best class of seat and is around the same in comparison to virgins PE.
I'm guessing that it's a lost in translation kind of moment when the flights got converted from Operated by Delta to operated by Virgin.

Thing is my flights are a VA aircraft only booked tickets via Delta site plus Delta don't have any A340
Would be nice but as I say I spoke to VA this morning and it's a glitch. No doubt get another email from delta overnight changing it back.
Old 2 Apr 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Delta's top level of service is Delta One, which like Virgin's Upper Class is a business class service rather than a 'First' class service.

They do offer First class but this is on their domestic flights in the same way that AA offer domestic first. The seats are more like PE in these instances. Not to be confused with international first. Although there are some select routes within the US market which do offer a product that is akin to international business or first class. I am thinking along to lines if AA's Transcon services which is a really good product and worth flying in either business or first.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List