Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pink glitter View Post
Hi there, do you mind me asking who you booked your trip with please? We're looking at going in October next year but haven't really got a clue where to start!

Thanks in advance xx
Hi I know you didn't ask but we've just come back so wanted to let you know.

We just booked it all ourselves. We flew with Emirates and stayed the Eaton Hotel for 6 nights then had our last night at the Disney Explorers Lodge. We booked both hotels on their own websites as they had the best prices and the disney one included a free character breakfast.

We booked our Disney tickets on their website too as it had the best deal for the 2 days we wanted.

We loved it and would definitely recommend it.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Ourdaybydesign View Post
Hi I know you didn't ask but we've just come back so wanted to let you know.

We just booked it all ourselves. We flew with Emirates and stayed the Eaton Hotel for 6 nights then had our last night at the Disney Explorers Lodge. We booked both hotels on their own websites as they had the best prices and the disney one included a free character breakfast.

We booked our Disney tickets on their website too as it had the best deal for the 2 days we wanted.

We loved it and would definitely recommend it.
Fab, thanks for the advice. I had a look last night and we're looking at spending the whole time at the Disneyland Hotel and going to different places from there. Do you think that would be too much for 9 days?

Thanks xx
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab, thanks for the advice. I had a look last night and we're looking at spending the whole time at the Disneyland Hotel and going to different places from there. Do you think that would be too much for 9 days?

Thanks xx
Hi although the public transport is excellent in Hong Kong to travel from Disney to get to the best places to sightsee and visit in Hong Kong,is a minimum 7 to 9 stops on the MTR. Personally if your there for 9 days I would spend a few days at Disney then stay in a hotel in Hong Kong to experience the amazing city. HKDL is great but a lot smaller than USA disney'so so you won't need long to see it all. Stay at Disney through the week rather than the weekend and you won't need fast passes. Most queues for rides were less than 10 mins

There's far too much to do in HK , don't waste your time with traveling. If you need anymore tips etc just ask or see my thread
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Thank you, that's really helpful xxx
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks xx
Yeah I would agree that you probably wouldn't want to stay there the whole time. We had 6 nights in the city then one at Disney however we did go to Disney one day from the city and I wouldn't have wanted to do that everyday. It was easy to get too but took time and a few changes. We loved staying in Kowloon close to things and for dinner etc at night.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Ourdaybydesign View Post
Yeah I would agree that you probably wouldn't want to stay there the whole time. We had 6 nights in the city then one at Disney however we did go to Disney one day from the city and I wouldn't have wanted to do that everyday. It was easy to get too but took time and a few changes. We loved staying in Kowloon close to things and for dinner etc at night.
Lovely thanks. Will definitely look at a split stay then.

There's some beautiful looking hotels, do you have any recommendations for any particular hotel for 2 adults and 2 children aged 15 and 10? Would prefer 4 or 5 star 😜

Thank you xxx
Old 2 Jun 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

There's some beautiful looking hotels, do you have any recommendations for any particular hotel for 2 adults and 2 children aged 15 and 10? Would prefer 4 or 5 star 😜

Thank you xxx
Hi,

As a couple we stayed on Club level at The Mira which we highly recommend. Right near TST underground station in Kowloon.

Free WiFi dongle included for when out and about.

themirahotel

Full trip report Here

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL

Edited at 03:24 PM.
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Thank you xxx
We stayed at the Eaton Hotel on Nathan Road in Kowloon as it was the only one that had a seperate room for the kids to sleep in. Mine are 5 & 2 though so liked the bunk beds but there was also a 3rd bed.

Edited at 06:11 PM.
Old 4 Jun 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you xxx
We stayed at the Royal Plaza Hotel in Mong Kok. The hotel is on top of the local MTR station and next to a 200 store shopping centre. You are close to the markets and street food vendors and 3 stops away from the the ferry boats and best place to watch the light show. Also liked the free phone they give you with unlimited calls and Internet. If you wanted to stay on the island we also stayed at hotel Jen which was situated in a more authentic part of hong kong but still only 50 yards from the MTR
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Thanks for all the recommendations, I will have a look at them all, there sure are some nice hotels in HK 😀