Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lell View Post
Have you looked at Expedia. We did 5 nights at the Bellagio in February with BA flights from Glasgow and paid £635. We booked about 6 months beforehand.
Expedia is great as you can get free cancellation as well.

We just booked our stay with them and canceled and rebooked twice.

OP. NYNY is fine. Little further south on strip. Abi just stayed there...read her trip report and she has stayed there before. If you book would make sure you have free cancellation as prices go up and down. We saved about $50 per night after booking and re booking, but at the end about a week before we were due to go prices rocketed. So you can never tell. Conferences and weekends make a difference to price.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi lovely dibbers. Sorry to hijack the thread but DH has just suggested going to Vegas in October for our 50th joint birthday. I've been doing a bit of searching and we thought we might like to stay at the Mirage. It will just be the two of us, probably for seven days.
What are people's thoughts? Would you stay there? If not, why not, and where would you suggest? We would like somewhere fairly central on the strip.

Thanks very much.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Hi lovely dibbers. Sorry to hijack the thread but DH has just suggested going to Vegas in October for our 50th joint birthday. I've been doing a bit of searching and we thought we might like to stay at the Mirage. It will just be the two of us, probably for seven days.
What are people's thoughts? Would you stay there? If not, why not, and where would you suggest? We would like somewhere fairly central on the strip.

Thanks very much.
Hiya
Stayed at Mirage last year and loved it so much just stayed there four nights last week, as well. Love the location on the strip, which is important for me. Rooms very clean. Staff were fantastic and nothing too much trouble. Ate at the Cravings buffet. Any questions just ask
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

Thanks very much.
Never stayed there friends did in march and they said the rooms look dated but they are used to the likes of the bellagio and Venetian .
Most people seem happy with it though .
Personally I would stay anywhere between the MGM and Wynn where ever you stay you will walk a lot . I would see what offers are out there I got a few emails this week from the Caesars group and the Venetian so I wouldn't limit myself to looking at just one hotel.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thanks very much.
Forgot to say the pools were gorgeous and well worth a visit if you stay there and have time.
Old 22 May 17, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Forgot to say the pools were gorgeous and well worth a visit if you stay there and have time.
That's good to know. Thanks very much. We probably will spend some time around the pool so that's a big factor.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Never stayed there friends did in march and they said the rooms look dated but they are used to the likes of the bellagio and Venetian .
Most people seem happy with it though .
Personally I would stay anywhere between the MGM and Wynn where ever you stay you will walk a lot . I would see what offers are out there I got a few emails this week from the Caesars group and the Venetian so I wouldn't limit myself to looking at just one hotel.
Thanks daytonababe. We don't mind the walking and were thinking that in October it shouldn't be too unbearable? I would love to stay at the Venetian but its a bit beyond our price range I think. We haven't made a final decision yet. I will have a look on a map before we commit ourselves.

Who do you usually book with as booking direct with the hotel (only checked the Mirage so far) seems as expensive as booking direct with Virgin. It's much cheaper on Expedia but I'm not sure about them as I've heard they're not good if anything should go wrong.
Old 22 May 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thanks daytonababe. We don't mind the walking and were thinking that in October it shouldn't be too unbearable? I would love to stay at the Venetian but its a bit beyond our price range I think. We haven't made a final decision yet. I will have a look on a map before we commit ourselves.

Who do you usually book with as booking direct with the hotel (only checked the Mirage so far) seems as expensive as booking direct with Virgin. It's much cheaper on Expedia but I'm not sure about them as I've heard they're not good if anything should go wrong.
Venetian almost always have a offer on 33% off or similar , I got a email a few days ago so sign up to their website and your bound to get offers .

I check prices with the likes of Booking. Com , travel republic , Expedia etc . Very often Travel Republic is the cheapest . Expedia are fine been around for years we used them the first time we went to Vegas in 2004

You'll be fine walking in October we had temps of 100 in March and we walked 15km some days on the strip ( & that's with having a car too )

Just a thought but when are you looking at in October I know SEMA is the end of the month , it's a huge convention that pushes prices sky juju so best to avoid that if you can .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stayed at the Mirage twice and loved it, Stayed at the Treasure Island when it was the sister to the Mirage and liked that but not as much and since they sold it off it's gone down hill.

Was going to stay at the Mirage this November but got a really good deal at the Encore with no resort fees or parking fees and $200 room credit to spend.

Edited at 02:56 PM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Venetian almost always have a offer on 33% off or similar , I got a email a few days ago so sign up to their website and your bound to get offers .

I check prices with the likes of Booking. Com , travel republic , Expedia etc . Very often Travel Republic is the cheapest . Expedia are fine been around for years we used them the first time we went to Vegas in 2004

You'll be fine walking in October we had temps of 100 in March and we walked 15km some days on the strip ( & that's with having a car too )

Just a thought but when are you looking at in October I know SEMA is the end of the month , it's a huge convention that pushes prices sky juju so best to avoid that if you can .
Thanks for all your help daytonababe. I didn't know about the SEMA conference but I looked it up and it's not when we will be going. There's just so much choice I almost wish somebody would make the decision for me! I'll let you know what we finally decide.