Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

yosemite is just awesome and some of the hikes make you feel like your on top of the world and even in a busy place like this you still get time to your self.
but off the beaten track would be walking up to deer walking past the window when we stayed in mendocino.
one other would not be sight buy a sound. the sound in the dining hall of alcatraz when doing the audio tour.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BigRussW View Post
It's been almost 20 years since our last trip but my two standout memories were watching a spectacular sunset from the gardens above Santa Monica beach, and the views of the coastline at numerous points as we headed north along PCH. Simply stunning.
Not long now before we do it all again...
Thanks for the images. Looks like we'll be there at about the same time.

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi for us whale watching Monterey , a humpback bigger than the boat 20 yards away. Walk up to view from vernal falls yosemite
Whale sounds amazing. Not sure if we'll get this in.

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
yosemite is just awesome and some of the hikes make you feel like your on top of the world and even in a busy place like this you still get time to your self.
but off the beaten track would be walking up to deer walking past the window when we stayed in mendocino.
one other would not be sight buy a sound. the sound in the dining hall of alcatraz when doing the audio tour.
Mendocino sounds beautiful.

Looking forward to seeing Alcatraz.
Old 15 Jun 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Another vote for Yosemite, it's stunning. Also the night tour of Alcatraz - the sound of the cell doors closing is quite chilling. And seeing blue whales on a trip from San Diego.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Catalina Island and San Diego

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne K View Post
In SF, sitting on the steps at the beach below Ghiradelli Square, with an ice cream, watching the world go by.

Have done this on two visits, both were idyllic.
Snap, I was going to say this one too.
We also watched amazing sunset in crescent Bay near laguna.
A few others are watching world of colour in california adventure on the last night of our 3 week east-west trip, perfect end to an amazing trip.
Also paddling in the river in yosemite looking up at el capitan.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Another vote for Yosemite, it's stunning. Also the night tour of Alcatraz - the sound of the cell doors closing is quite chilling. And seeing blue whales on a trip from San Diego.
Originally Posted by *cath* View Post
Catalina Island and San Diego
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Snap, I was going to say this one too.
We also watched amazing sunset in crescent Bay near laguna.
A few others are watching world of colour in california adventure on the last night of our 3 week east-west trip, perfect end to an amazing trip.
Also paddling in the river in yosemite looking up at el capitan.
Fantastic. Many thanks.

Keep them coming please!
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Think mine would be

Riding the escalator at Universal with the sun beating down and "Happy" blasting out over the tannoy
The peace tranquility and beauty of the trail at the top of the Palm Springs aerial tramway
Having a massive gorgeous ice cream at the Moo Creamery on Coronado

And the weirdest one - being stuck on Its a Small World at midnight , with the water "tide" not running but the tune still blaring out
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Think mine would be

Riding the escalator at Universal with the sun beating down and "Happy" blasting out over the tannoy
The peace tranquility and beauty of the trail at the top of the Palm Springs aerial tramway
Having a massive gorgeous ice cream at the Moo Creamery on Coronado

And the weirdest one - being stuck on Its a Small World at midnight , with the water "tide" not running but the tune still blaring out
Thanks buryboy.

Like the variety especially the last surreal one.

Old 15 Jun 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Yeah, the tune sticks in people's minds for a good while when they have just had the standard five minute ride. Think I can still hear it now three years on , after being stuck for over half an hour

Sadly no good pictures of the IASW Memory , but the others are all still vivid via my photobook if you follow the link in my signature , ( then the link at the bottom of the first post it takes you to )
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:15 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Yeah, the tune sticks in people's minds for a good while when they have just had the standard five minute ride. Think I can still hear it now three years on , after being stuck for over half an hour

Sadly no good pictures of the IASW Memory , but the others are all still vivid via my photobook if you follow the link in my signature , ( then the link at the bottom of the first post it takes you to )
You deserve a medal for endurance on IASW.

Thanks for the link. I just had a quick look and I'm going to go through it properly.