Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pookle View Post
Thanks all. I think we might book Mandalay Bay. I like the look of the pool area and we plan to have a day of rest doing nothing but swimming while we are there 😅
Great pool at MB. We were there in May.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Price and location. I'd like to try the Venetian next, looks fabulous in a great central location. Always liked the look of Mandalay Bay as well, south strip, but we're not bothered by the extra walking.
UncleLatch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mbaker
Getting Excited

Caesars Palace for us, great for shopping, food! , nightlife, pools, central location, price, theming, friendly staff.
We got a free upgrade to the Octavius block which I would definitely recommend. It is the only hotel we have stayed at so I guess it's a little biased.
However, which ever hotel you choose I'm sure you will be very pleased. They are all fantastic. Enjoy 😀
September 2019 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne
Mbaker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

We stayed in the Vdara last month and I would highly recommend it. Great location, friendly staff, spotlessly clean and an amazing room.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Price is my first consideration but I also look at parking fees/resort fees. I also like an apartment rather than a room. We have stayed at the Polo Towers and the Hilton Grand Vacations at The Flamingo. These were in excellent locations and I would happily stay at them again.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pookle View Post
Thanks all. I think we might book Mandalay Bay. I like the look of the pool area and we plan to have a day of rest doing nothing but swimming while we are there 😅
MB is a lovely hotel and as I said pool gorgeous. Just be aware it is at the very southern end of the strip.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
MB is a lovely hotel and as I said pool gorgeous. Just be aware it is at the very southern end of the strip.
Yeah, that's fine - we'll have a car to get around or grab an Uber.
Old 6 Aug 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed at Imp Palace twice. Then Dunes. Then Sands. Then Strat. Then TI twice. Mirage twice. And this November it will be Encore. After working my way up I wouldn't want to stay in anything lower than Mirage now.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Price is very important for me, we have only been once - Vdara and upgraded to a corner suite - was absolutely fabulous. Had washer/drier which was handy.

I recommended the Cosmopolitan to my BIL as it seemed so good when we went through it - and they loved it.

If we ever go back, I'd try and get a suite, but just seen a Venetian Std room on a trip report and that would do me.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
Price is very important for me, we have only been once - Vdara and upgraded to a corner suite - was absolutely fabulous. Had washer/drier which was handy.

I recommended the Cosmopolitan to my BIL as it seemed so good when we went through it - and they loved it.

If we ever go back, I'd try and get a suite, but just seen a Venetian Std room on a trip report and that would do me.
Venetian rooms are gorgeous and there is just something special about it that makes me love it. If I could afford it I would be staying there again. Having said that my DD just stayed in a suite at Vdara which was fantastic and I would really love to stay there, or the Wynn. Would not stay any further south than MGM unless I really had too. Staying at Mirage in 4 weeks time then possibly Carriage House.