Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Oct 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

It's Time to Sparkle - DLP's 25th - Day 6

Saturday 7th October, 2017 – Someday my Eurostar will come.

Our last morning at DLP. We go to the Empire State lounge for the last time this trip.

We had sorted our cases last night so we take them down to the Bagagerie (surely that is an invented word? No, I checked – it means luggage). We settle our bill at the Club reception and head for the parks.

We worked out where our room was in the hotel by leaving a red apple do not disturb sign in the window which we could spot from outside. This was us.

We head for the Studios again. Once last chance to get on Crush’s Coaster. We do well this morning despite it being a Saturday and are boarded within about 5 minutes of arriving.

Then it’s over to Disneyland Parc and we make a leisurely stroll up to Pirates of the Caribbean collecting a coffee along the way. At the ride’s rope drop about 9:45a.m. we are in and loaded on a boat within ten minutes.

Then it’s Star Tours:

Followed by Buzz Lightyear:

As I’m busy taking photos and video I don’t play but Darrin manages to rack up somewhere in the 500,000 region. He turns into a kid again when he’s on this attraction. It’s great to watch. A managing director of his own company completely relaxed and having fun – a million miles from business troubles. That is what it’s all about.

I mentioned we have a meal reservation at Auberge de Cendrillon (Cindy’s Pub to us).

We have never been inside here before but it’s beautiful. The room we are in has shades of the Be Our Guest ballroom with its painted cloud sky and chandeliers. But obviously on a smaller scale.

The glass dividers between the booths are engraved glass showing the clock at just before midnight.

Before we order, Minnie arrives in her medieval outfit – we have a chat and get photos. There are loads of children in here so we don’t want to detain characters too long.

Then Suzy and Perla (two of Cinderela’s mice) arrive. I ask Perla where Gus & Jaq are and she mimes that they are hungry and have gone off to eat. I ask if they’ve tried the new place run by a rat and she throws up her arms in terror!

An Amuse Bouche arrives – cheese gougeres. They are like profiteroles but cheesy – filled with Gruyere.

We are also given a drink which is orange juice with a drop of raspberry syrup at the bottom:

We order our starters. Both of us choose the cream of pumpkin and porcini mushroom soup:

We are now visited by Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty):

For mains I have free range chicken supreme with a morel mushroom sauce and aligot potatoes (mashed potatoes with garlic and melted cheese):

Snow White pops along and spots my Grumpy T shirt. She tells me that really Grumpy is quite sweet under all that grumpiness:

Darrin opts for Veal en croute with a rich jus and compote of cabbage:

Dessert for both of us is Cinderella’s dessert – a white chocolate slipper presented on red cushion – (think it was a frangipane on pastry base).

Lo and behold! Cinderella appears and it’s obvious from the start that this girl went to a Chelmsford Finishing School. Her diction is perfect and clipped. We discuss her restaurant, Prince charming and who is looking after the castle. I even get her autograph:

This is the first time Darrin and I have ever met Cinderella. Seen her in many a parade but it’s not a meet and greet we would normally go for.

Two recommendations re this restaurant – after Walt’s this is certainly the next best meal in the Disneyland Parc and for little girls it’s an ideal character meal. We’d book again.

At €75 for adults and €45 for children it’s not cheap but the quality of food is way better than Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom. ($60.45 and $38.36 respectively.)

We enjoyed a bottle of Chateau de Sancerre – nice and fruity and not sweet like the one at Remy’s place.

Coffees follow with chocolate truffles.

Time to leave. Our Eurostar train from Gard du Nord departs at 5:13p.m.

We have to collect our cases, get to the station on the shuttle (remarkably it arrived at the New York Hotel just as we exited the main door), buy tickets and then get the RER A service. It runs every 15 minutes.

This time our wallets are well concealed after the incident we had on our arrival day in Paris.

We change at Chatelet Les Halles – just one escalator up to RER B and D. We arrive at Gare du Nord around 4:00 p.m. As I said the Eurostar is at 5:13p.m. We go through Immigration and security and are soon in the lounge where we enjoy drinkies and nibbles.

This is so civilised. We are in coach 1 again right at the front of the train so it’s a bit of a hoof along the platform. We get settled in and bang on time we depart.

We are served a glass of champagne and when empty it gets topped up.

The meal they served was called “Afternoon tea” so when 3 little pastries arrive we weren’t surprised. However, this was followed with chicken breast, mushrooms and vegetables along with a Tarte Tatin dessert. Small bottles of white or red wine accompany all this.

We tootle along and arrive back in the UK around 6:45p.m. It’s the Metropolitan Underground from Kings Cross to Harrow on the Hill and by 7:30 we are home.

A great mid week trip.

INDEX: https://DIBB.in/12887214

Edited at 11:22 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A great last day So glad you both enjoyed your trip and I'm sure Blair was glad to see you home
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Geoff. Well a nice last day with quite a few rides done. As you say the meal is far better for value than the one at the MK which although iconic is distinctly average fare. The cheese gougeres sound different, nice!
Talking of food that chicken on the train looked exellent, not a portion such as the airlines serve but a substantial meal. Very appetising.
This report has given me so much insight into the Paris park as I knew nothing about it at all, other than it was there!
A great celebration for you Guys. Nice report thank you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Brilliant last day,thanks so much for posting it all ,I loved it.

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

What a wonderful trip. Enjoyed reading and all the photos. Looks like you had a full packed last day. That was some afternoon tea on the train.lol Thanks for sharing.
Old 16 Oct 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a great last day... you even got a lot of rides done... like Mr. TM says...the afternoon tea is much better than airline food..

Thanks for sharing.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We too were very pleasantly surprised by the Auberge, we went with family and had a child with us which was the only reason we went, but the food was gorgeous - and I'm waiting for Arribas to make Perla (we've just got the other 3).
Another great trippie, thanks.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looks like a lovely last day

Love the last meal in DLP, great that you were able to meet all those characters. Love the Grumpy T Shirt

How quick the Euro Train journey is from DLP to Kings Cross

Thanks for your reports, always love them.

What's Next?

Lesley and Melvin
Old 19 Oct 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Melvin Pearce View Post
What's Next?

Lesley and Melvin
Barcelona - end of January if they sort their politics out!

Edited at 07:44 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

What a lovely way to finish the trip. The food looks scrumptious.
And I love that tshirt of yours. Must look for that for my best friends hubby next year. Perfect for him...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List