Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Day 2.Ohana,Magic Kingdom,DS

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019
Day 2. Ohana, Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs

INDEX

So once again up early. It’s happens every morning but it doesn’t give me to much trouble so I just get on with it. Kelly was also up early so she could put up some birthday banners for Lily as today was her 10th birthday.

Once Lily was up she opened up all her presents. This is always awkward as Kelly has to smuggle them in the suitcases. We can’t take too much but she did ok. Plenty of money to add to her spends.

Evie is always in a foul mood when it’s Lily’s birthday and not hers. This causes some unnecessary arguments which isn’t nice on Lily’s birthday.

It was then up washed and dress as we had an early breakfast adr at Ohana for the Lilo and Stitch Character breakfast.

We were out by 7am taking our refill mugs in the car to leave in there for later.

The drive to the Polynesian Resort was straightforward. We parked valet as we can use it with our parking permit.

We could park for the day here. Once parked we headed into the quiet resort. We had a look around and headed past the pool area out to the beach to have a nose around and pretend we were loaded.

I also had a look in the food court. It’s a lovely resort and its location is great but I much preferred where we at POFQ. Where we are has a better pool, better food court and doesn’t have all the footfall of nosey so and sos like us walking past their rooms. Even if I could afford it, I doubt I’d stay there. Wishful thinking.

I checked in at Ohana while the ladies looked in the shop.

Time for breakfast. We’ve been to Ohana several times for dinner and never had the best of experiences so was unsure how this would go. Our adr was for 8am but we were let in then with no issue around 7.45am.

Like with dinner, we were shown to the table with our greeter collecting some bread en route to the table. This was Pineapple-Coconut Breakfast Bread. It was really delicious.

Very quickly our server appeared with a fruit platter contains melon, grapes and I think pineapple.

She also brought along a juice that I forget the name of but was basically Jungle Juice. We all love this stuff.

Breakfast is family style where you are brought a big platter of food to the table. The sever said it was all you can eat and we could request more of anything. It was soon brought out and contained Pua’a (Pork)Pork Breakfast Sausage Links and Hawaiian-style Ham topped with Pineapple Compote. Uala Kahiki which were island potatoes, scrambled egg, Mickey/Stitch Waffles and buscuits.

It was all very nice but quite random in the amount of each item in there was more of certain things than others. Evie and I really enjoyed the ham.

Pretty soon after we started the characters started to arrive. First was Mickey who saw Lily’s birthday badge and made a big fuss of her. Evie disappointingly has decided she’s too old for the characters. so had to be forced to give Mickey a hug.

Next came the main alien Stitch. Lily can talk for England but clams up around characters but did make real effort to talk to Stitch.

It’s amazing how much better the characters are with some interaction!

I’d heard loads of reports where people mention trouble getting more food here but our server soon appeared asking if we wanted more of everything. We asked for more sausage and waffles which were soon brought to the table.

Next to visit was Pluto who Lily loved. He also forced Evie out of her chair for a cuddle

The meal itself was all done and dusted fairly quickly which I know many would have felt rushed. For us it was fine as we wanted to head over to the Magic Kingdom.

We have done most of the Disney character meals and for us another positive experience. I know we are on the dining plan but as a large portion of this holiday later on isn’t I was very aware of the price. It was $160 odd plus tip. Very pricey if not on the ddp.

On the way out we also had our photo done with Lilo. She was really good when Lily asked her if she’d been in trouble at school today

Overall very positive and 4 t/s credits used.

After breakfast the girls had a look in the shop. Lily wanted a Stitch teddy but we said we’d come back later so we didn’t have to carry it around. We went to through the bag check at the monorail at the Polynesian. It’s so much better and quicker doing it here rather than at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom.

We arrived about 8.35am and the gates were already open. All the ladies were presented with a carnation flower as it was a Mother’s Day which was a nice touch.

Nothing opened until 9am so we headed straight to the Mickey and Minnie character meet and greet. Evie wasn’t happy about this or the 20 minute wait and was being awkward in the queue. We tried our best to ignore it.

The meet and greet was good and like Its a Small World it’s something you must do.

It was very hot and thankfully it wasn’t too busy. Our first fastpass was Pirates Of The Caribbean so we headed over that way first. We giggled as we went past the The Crystal Palace about the creepy server we had there in 2017. Pirates Of The Caribbean was great. I love this ride, I can never get over how lifelike they are.

Once off we had a quick look in the shop before heading towards Big Thunder Mountain which our next fastpass. On the way the girls stopped to get a splash from the water from Splash Mountain. There is one person in the world who you don’t want to get wet and that’s Evie. Stupidly she went closer to cool off and got absolutely soaked.

At that moment the world ended. She made such a fuss and made the next 30 minutes unbearable and it was her own stupid fault. We had to try and get her dry for our own sanity. Kelly took to the toilets to get her dry. She had some spare cycling shorts but she is in one of those stages where cycling shorts are the worst thing ever. This wasn’t going well! We sat near Tom Sawyer island to help her dry off. It was frustrating as it was Lily’s birthday and I felt bad for her.

Not soon enough our FP for Big Thunder Mountain became active so we headed over to it. We walked nearly straight on thankfully so Evie couldn’t kick off over queue as well.(please note, I do love Evie much but she’s a handful) We all enjoyed the ride and brought some welcome smiles.

Evie wasn’t feeling well now after her episode, this was genuine though. She didn’t want to go anything at the moment. We headed over to The Haunted Mansion to see if me and Lily could ride stand by but the queue was huge and around 60 minutes so we didn’t bother.

We made Evie get a drink and got her a Powerade to get her hydrated. Lily had an apple juice. Evie started to feel better. We headed off and I treated her too a new hat, one she would actually wear. She chose a nice white one. We explained to her that she has to drink more and keep cool in more ways than one!

It was now time for Splash Mountain. There was absolutely no way Evie was going on that no matter how much we tried. Kelly was ok with not riding and didn’t want to do rider switch so it was just me and Lily. Again a 60 minute stand by line. Much busier today. We pretty much got straight on with our FP though. We both enjoyed it but the ride broke down near the big drop so we had a 5 minute wait. I was thankful that it wasn’t out in the sun. We didn’t get wet at all but I guarantee that Evie had been with us we would have soaked!

I cancelled the others splash fp’s and got us FP’s for Voyage Of The Little Mernaid for straight away which was good. We headed there and rode with the girls sitting together which was nice.

We grabbed a DAS for SDMT to ride later. I got us Philomagic FP’s for straight away. I asked a CM if we could sit front row and centre for Evie. This is one of those ride where they keep saying move all the way to the end so could feel all the eyes burning into me. Oh well. I’m doing what’s best for Evie. We enjoyed the show though.

After we popped into the shop next door and I bought Lily some Mickey Ears as I had bought Evie a hat.

While walking we spotted Peter Pan who Lily loves. He waved and continued to walk past but Kelly said it was Lily’s birthday so he stopped to say hi which Lily loved.

Time for lunch.

Like breakfast we were early but it was no issue and we checked in a good 20 minutes before our adr. We were given a yellow rose and directed in. I had pre ordered and was glad we had as the line was huge. I was initially directed in that line even we I said we had pre ordered. It took the CM awhile to twig that I had said that before he showed us into the other line. Once there our bands were scanned and we could make any alterations we needed to our order.

Today we decided to sit in the West Wing. It was much quieter in there which was nice. We helped ourselves to drinks from a drinks station near by.

It took awhile for our food to come and so I checked with someone but it came soon after that.

Lily went for the Croque Monsieur Grilled Sandwich of Carved Ham and Gruyere Cheese and Bechamel with Pommes Frites. She really enjoyed this but found the portion too big.

I went for the French Dip Sandwich Served on a Baguette with Au Jus and Pommes Frites. I really loved this. Packed full of beef and was really good when combined with the au jus.

Kelly went with Carved Turkey Sandwich
Carved Turkey Sandwich served warm on a Baguette with Dijon Mayonnaise and Pommes Frites. Evie had the French dip so they split the two between them. They loved them both but I think the French Dip was the winner.

Overall we really enjoyed this and were all pleasantly surprised about how good it was. A great use of q/s credit.

4 q/s used

As soon as stepped outside we saw that there had been a massive downpour. Everything was soaked. I received an email saying our SDMT had been cancelled and we could use it on something else. There clouds were very dark so it didn’t look good. We decided to try Space Mountain but I think everyone else in The Magic Kingdom did as well. The fast pass queue was nearly at Buzz Lightyear! We gave that a big swerve. It was the same with Buzz Lightyear. We looked in the shop instead. Lily bough the Stitch she wanted. Evie bought Angel which basically a girl Stitch.

It was now about 2.30pm and very dark so we decided to head out back to the Poly via the monorail to collect the car. I was unsure about tip so gave him $4.

From there we drove straight to most hated shop. I still cannot fathom why Kelly and Lily love it so much. It’s a Poundshop but worse. Parking was awkward as the little parade of shops where it was situated was packed. Once inside I instantly turned around and went back to the car. I knew I’d hate it. That or air conditioned car? Easy choice.

The others came back after 20 minutes saying it wasn’t great. No surprise there then.

We headed back to Disney stopping off to get drinks at the food court with our refill cups. Everything was really conveniently placed at French Quarter.

Me and the girls headed to the pool where it was very busy but we had a good time there. After about half an hour Kelly came along and that set the girls off to getting loud and silly. After we’d had enough we headed back to the room. It was very cloudy now. We were having trouble getting anything dry because if this. There really isn’t anywhere to put wt things to dry other than the bathroom but that doesn’t really dry them.

We then needed to decide on evening plans. There was a few arguments as the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks were ditched. We settled on Disney Springs but driving.

We used the Lime Car Park which takes you out by The Polite a Pig. Is was a bit awkward getting the Tank parked though as the car park was really busy. So more shops. After a while I got told off for not making an effort which was annoying as Kelly’s knows I don’t like the shops at Disney Springs.

We had a mooch around at no where in particular for an hour or so.

Trying on hats etc.

I fancied dinner here somewhere but no one else did so we settled on going back to use our food court.

Lily inevitably went for kids Mac and cheese again. She loves the stuff. She got grapes and a cookie as a side.

Kelly and Evie both got the create your own pasta. I’m a bit vague on what they both went for so I’m guessing.

I believe in Kelly’s was penne, marinara sauce, chicken, broccol and Parmesan. She really enjoyed it but it looked way to saucy for me.

Evie went a bit plain with penne, cheese and chicken. She said it was fine though but didn’t eat loads.

I went to a different station and had the Southern Classic - Fried Chicken
choice of three: Mache Choux, Mashed Potatoes, Glazed Carrots, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans and Red Beans and Rice. I didn’t fancy most of the sides so got mash and gravy.

(Note the hidden Mickey)

It wasn’t bad at all. The large piece of chicken was really good. The two smaller ones not so much but I was happy with my choice.

We again swapped our drinks for snacks. Kelly just got some fruit. Evie didn’t want anything so we grabbed a milk for Lily.

I went for the beignets. My first time trying them. You got 3 as a snack. Very donut like. Nice but not sure I’d get them again. The other didn’t like them and found them too “fried”.

Again we were all happy with our food court selections.

4 q/s used.

Once done we headed back to the room all pretty wiped out.

The girls purchases today.

It didn’t take long for us to fall asleep.

Thanks for reading

George

Edited at 04:57 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope Lily enjoyed her birthday! Lots of smiles I see 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Hope Lily had a good birthday! The food looked good at BOG for lunch.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Really enjoying reading your trip reports

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Another great instalment- looking forward to the next!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thanks for the replies. Will get cracking on the rest once we get home.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Firstly, a lovely day 🙂
I enjoy your trip reports so much because you are so honest about what it can really be like holidaying as a family 😀 We have twin daughters aged 14 yrs, they are always ‘kicking off’ & one of them is a handful & talks to much so I always have a smile to myself when I read you saying the same. Hope you are having a fab time 👍
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Looked like Lily had a great birthday.

O’hana looked and sounded really good, we enjoyed it very much.

I am wanting to try the beignets next time, they look great.

A lovely day.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Happy belated birthday Lily, love your Stitch backpack. She looks so happy in the Peter Pan picture, he is great fun to meet. Love the ears that she chose too.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List