Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hotter than the surface of the Sun - The Waffle before

The Usual Suspects

Me – Jakki - 46 Obsessive planner, Dibber & photo taker
DH – Steve – 52 Driver, just goes with the flow
DS – Aodhán -11 Finally the Yu-Gi-Oh obsession is over
DD – Niamh - 10 Can’t wait to see Beetlejuice again

Saturday 19th July

It’s that time of year again when us Tinks head off on our annual summer vacation. Schools already been out for 3 weeks and with another 6 to go we needed to find something to fill the void and a month in Florida will do nicely thank you very much.

This trip was actually touch & go for a while as my dad had a very bad reaction to his chemotherapy and has spent the past 2 and a half weeks in hospital. For the first week he was so sick and he was also in severe pain from his bone cancer that I didn’t think we’d be able to go on the holiday. Thankfully, his sickness is under control and he has been transferred to a hospital in Dublin today where he is due to start radiation therapy for his bone pain. Once that is over next week he’ll get a couple of weeks rest before getting his next dose of Chemo and as it won’t be as strong as last time he hopefully won’t be as sick again.

So – what’s with the trippie title? Well, everyone knows just how hot it is in Florida in August and last year it was even hotter than usual. DS commented that it was hotter than a hot day on the surface of the sun and mentions this every time we talk about the holiday. Here’s hoping he’s proved wrong and the main trippie gets a different title.

So who’s going and what are we doing? It’s the usual suspects who are now a year older but not any wiser. We’re starting with one night AKV concierge (booked with our DVC points), then we’re off to a villa in Sunset Lakes for 3 weeks with a side trip to Vero Beach for 2 nights. This was supposed to coincide with a Shuttle launch but Nasa couldn’t get their act together and rather selfishly delayed the launch to a time that didn’t suit us . We’re going on a 3 night Disney cruise and then spending our last 5 nights at BCV.

We’ve got a few new things planned including our first cruise although DH, who likes surprises, doesn’t know anything about it. We plan on telling him the day before when we head over to BCV to drop our luggage off so that they can store while we’re on the cruise. I’m a little apprehensive about cruising as I suffer badly from motion sickness so I might spend the entire time with my head down the head (See, I’ve got the nautical lingo already)

We’re going to Busch gardens, DH & I last went about 18 years ago so I’m guessing a few things have changed since then DH, DS and DD are really looking forward to trying all the coasters and I’m looking forward to minding the bags for them. I’ve booked the Serengeti Safari as DS’s favourite animal is the giraffe and we’ll take advantage of the return within a week for free offer, to visit the park again.

We’ve got Seaworld and Universal AP’s which means we can visit those parks a few times but only have 2 days left on some old MYW tickets so were only planning 1 day each at MK and AK. Normally I’d be gutted at this prospect but as the kids and I are going back 3 and a bit weeks after we get home and spending 10 days on site I can just about cope with it We’ll do lots of shopping, visit the cinema a few times and generally chill out.

We’ve got a few meets planned, Craig (Mkingdon) and his long suffering family are coming over to our villa one afternoon. Craig will regale you with the witty version of our meet while I’ll bore the pants off everyone with my usual monologue

We’re also meeting Barry&Caron and Josh – we’ve got an Illuminations cruise booked with them, Caron & I are doing the KTTKT in MK and we’ll see them when they are at the BCV at the same time as us. As well as that we’re meeting Margaret (Gala) and Mike & Amanda one evening.

DS has finally got over his Yu-Gi-Oh obsession that has dominated the past 4 or 5 trips but he’s now into Pokemon This trip he’s looking to get Indiana Jones Lego, as many Nintendo DS games as his pocket money will allow and some Pokemon Cards. DD wants to get some Nintendo DS games, some gold Minnie or Pirate earrings and what ever else takes her fancy. I might need a few trips to Super Target just in case they have anything that I want to buy

So that’s the plan – now all we have to do is see if the reality lives up to it.

We’re off at stupid O’clock next Wednesday, see you all at the end of August

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I hope this pre-trippie means a real trippie will follow

I'm glad it's all worked out and that your dad is doing better

I'll await your reacton when you see how much Pokemon stuff can be found all over the place as I think it's even worse than Yu-Gi-Oh (believe it or not )

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip all of you

Karen
xxxx

PS Don't hold your breath that I will have started my trippie in your absence
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
I hope this pre-trippie means a real trippie will follow
Unfortunately some of us don't have a life so will have time to do a trippie

I'll await your reacton when you see how much Pokemon stuff can be found all over the place as I think it's even worse than Yu-Gi-Oh (believe it or not )
Don't tell me that

PS Don't hold your breath that I will have started my trippie in your absence
Yea right

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

OMG a month! and then another 10 days, wow, fantastic, I'm so jealous.
Have a great time.
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
paulac
Imagineer

Have a great trip Jakki One of these Augusts we may just be up for another mini meet.

Sept 1998 - Sheraton Safari Hotel
Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites (now Nickelodeon)
Aug 2002 - Villa
Aug 2005 - Cypress Pointe Resort - & Universal HRH
Aug 2007 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
Apr 2008 - The Fountains, Disney YC & Universal RPR
Aug 2009 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas & Universal RPR
& Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
paulac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a wonderful trip, you are so lucky going for a month and then again for 10 days.

Hope your Dad feels better this time. Chemo is not nice and affects people differently. Sending him lots of pixie dust

Looking forward to your trippies when you get back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Wow, Jakki, that is going to be some trip! at your title, it was definitely HOT last August, remember when we were at the Hard Rock pool, I'm just thankful that we had cabanas booked!

I bet you can't wait to see Steve's face when he realises he's going on a cruise, how on earth have you kept it a secret from him - you are good! Hope you don't get seasick, and can enjoy all that lovely food on the ship!

We went to Busch Gardens last year for the first time, and really enjoyed it, we did the safari too and it was the highlight of our trip, they're quite scary as their heads come up over the side of the truck! I'm sure Aodhan will absolutely love feeding them, and it might take his mind of the Pokemon!

Don't forget to find some outfits for the MNSSHP!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mkingdon
Imagineer

mkingdon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Good news on your Dad Jakki.

Yep, you go off an do your month in Florida, then go back a few weeks later...and I thought I was obsessed...oh wait, I am

I feel that we're just playing at this holiday lark compared to your semi-emigration!

Have a cracker, and we'll see you there.

Craig & clan.
Old 15 Jul 08, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Sounds like a great trip Jakki - and I'm glad to hear your Dad's sickness is under control
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 08, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

It sounds wonderful! I hope you all have a fabulous time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List