Notices

Old 16 Jul 08, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

Tween Dream Pre-Trippie

TWEEN DREAM PRE-TRIP REPORT (Title still to be confirmed)

Cast Members

Me – Margaret (39) chief (and only) planner, cash machine, shoe lover. Does NOT like roller coasters
DD – Daisy (12) otherwise know as Diz - already a moody pre-teenager & complete drama queen, is always right (even when she is wrong), loves anything pink, dippin dots, roller coasters (although not at the same time) and is hell bent on getting me on the Hulk ! Despite all of the above, still the most beautiful and loving daughter anyone could have

Doesn’t time fly? It doesn’t seem two minutes ago since we returned from our 2nd “trip of a lifetime” and here we are again, packed and ready to depart for our 3rd trip to see the mouse

On our previous two visits, my Dsis has come with us, which made things a bit easier (and a lot cheaper for me). Unfortunately, despite being given ample opportunity, she declined this trip because of lack of funds. She has been regretting this decision ever since I phoned her and told her I had booked ! (especially as she won £1K in the middle of last year and started working full time).

Well, a couple of good things to come out of this – since DD will not be sharing my bed like last time, at least I might get a decent nights sleep without her legs and arms all over the place AND I get to spend some quality time with her – being a single full time working mum, it’s very difficult finding time for just the two of us, especially as she spends most weekend at her dads. We are both really looking forward to spending time together – although I may come back after spending 14 days (336 hours, 20160 minutes, 1209600 seconds) in her constant company saying “never again” – mind you, she will probably come back saying the same about me !

I am a little apprehensive about going away on my own with DD – the furthest we have been away on holiday together before is a week at Butlins, Skegness and then she was ill for 4 days out of the 7 – hope that is not an omen.

Knowing that we had to go during school summer holidays (because DD is adamant that she won’t go at Xmas because she will miss her dad too much ! ) AND knowing that I would have to pay adult price for DD, I started saving in March 07 and managed to put away money EVERY week without fail – something I am very proud of.

After staying at ASMo during our last holiday, we knew we wanted to stay onsite again and, because of finances, it would have to be a value resort so we opted for Pop Century Resort. I compared both Virgin & TCD and plumped for TCD after they came out a fair bit cheaper than Virgin – we also went with TCD last time and they were fantastic – no problems whatsoever.

After months and months of planning, we are now all set to go. Since I booked in March 07, DD has left primary school, and has just completed her first year at high school, (where does the time go). I had to get permission from DD’s headteacher to take her out of school one day before they finished for summer holidays. (I wouldn’t mind but they finish at lunchtime on their final day so she is only going to miss half a day ! ) Fortunately, permission was granted ! so I won’t now need to phone her in sick from the airport

My screensaver has counted down from 490 days and now reads 1 day to go. I fully intended to tone up and lose weight for this hol but, as with the previous two, was far too lazy and have decided to let it all hang out instead ! A few months ago, I bought a Wii Fit and a Sauna Belt and haven’t noticed the slightest bit of difference.

The house has been cleaned to within an inch of its life, and then cleaned again so the only remaining thing I have to do is book the taxi for 8.30am tomorrow to take us to the airport.

I have bought the 14 Day Ultimate Ticket from ATD and also the 5 Park Flex Ticket Plus (which includes Aquatica). We had fully intended to visit Aquatica and had booked a Cabana (at $175 for the day) but after reading numerous negative posts about it, decided to cancel and spend the money elsewhere. I bought my travel money end of 2007/early 2008 when the dollar was really strong – from what I can remember, I got between $1.98-$2.00/£. Daisy has also been saving and has changed £300.00 (£200.00 of her own money and £100.00 in loose change which was have saved).

I have a few surprises in store for DD. I have booked a limo from the airport to our hotel (booked with Quicksilver) – she thinks we are taking the coach transfers to our hotel ! . I have also booked the Hot Summer Nights Sleepover at Seaworld, Horse Riding at Fort Wilderness and also the Grand Floridian photo shoot that she does not know about – ssshhhh – don’t tell her.

ADR’s have been booked – Hoop de Doo Revue, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey’s. We are planning on taking advantage of EMH but we have decided not to go “hell for leather” on this trip and run ourselves ragged but to try and take it a bit easier and have a few more rest days – Diz thinks we will be spending these days by the pool – I KNOW we will be shopping !

The Dibb, as usual, has been the best and most invaluable source of information when planning our trips and I can genuinely say that I learn new things almost every time I log on.

So the only thing that remains is thank each and every one of you – I can’t wait to go but I also can’t wait to come back so we can share our memories with you all.

To everyone else who is going during the next two weeks, have a fantastic holiday and to everyone who arrives back home during the next two weeks, I hope you had a fabulous time.

Let the holiday commence …..

ITINERARY

Thursday 17th July - Arrive late afternoon
Friday 18th July - Downtown Disney (am) / Seaworld inc. Sleepover
Saturday 19th July - Seaworld
Sunday 20th July - Epcot (EMH)
Monday 21st July - Typhoon Lagoon & DTD
Tuesday 22nd July - Magic Kingdom (EMH) (ADR @ Crystal Palace)
Wednesday 23rd July - Horse Riding & Hoop de Doo Review
Thursday 24th July - Islands of Adventure
Friday 25th July - MGM (EMH)
Saturday 26th July - Florida Mall
Sunday 27th July - Epcot (EMH)
Monday 28th July - Shopping
Tuesday 29th July - Universal Studios
Wednesday 30th July - Animal Kingdom (EMH)
Thursday 31st July - Chef Mickey’s, Grand Floridian Photo Shoot & Home

ADR’s

Hoop-de-do @ Wilderness Lodge
Chef Mickey’s
Crystal Palace
Hot Summer Night Sleepover @ Seaworld
Photo Shoot @ Grand Floridian
Horse Riding @ Fort Wilderness

Quicksilver – limo to the airport & town car return

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 08, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink-a-bee
Imagineer

Looks like you've got a fab trip planned - your DD is a lucky girl.

Have a fantastic time.
Old 16 Jul 08, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Glad you decided to do a report ... Have a great holiday look forward to some more PS has the boss said you can go early
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 08, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a great time

Mick
Old 16 Jul 08, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Have a fantastic time
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 08, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandie30
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mandie30's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You've done so well saving up on your won, it can't have been easy.

Hope you both have a brilliant time, hope your DD loves her surprises.

Mandie
Mandie30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 08, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

Looks like you are both going to have a fantastic time.
Old 16 Jul 08, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

OMG! You go tomorrow!

Have fun!

Jodie
Old 16 Jul 08, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

hi Jules

Sort of a result with the boss - we can leave at 4pm (an hour early)

Better than nowt I suppose

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 08, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds fab, have a brilliant time