Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Two Guys, a Girl and a Theme Park - Pre Trip

Cast:
Me- Kristy, 25
Boyfriend- Rhory, 23
Friend- Dave, 25

It all started when Rhory and I were on holiday in the Dominican Republic last year and I asked him where he thought we should go next year. His immediate answer was Florida, having never been before. I have been once with my parents and brother in 1996, but this time I'm in charge. As soon as we got home I started researching and became a little obsessive as I tend to do when planning holidays. We decided to see if anyone else wanted to come along and Dave, who Rhory has known since he was about 5, agreed.

I decided that a condo would be ideal and since none of us are drivers, International Drive seemed like a good choice. I looked at various places and came across Floridays, which was within our budget and gets good reviews. I also regularly looked at flights and was going to wait to see if we could get a last minute deal, but chickened out in Jan and ended up booking with First Choice flight only flying from Glasgow on Aug 29th and returning Sept 12th. Shortly after that I booked Floridays through Hotelopia.

Now, when I first started researching and discovered the Dibb, I set my heart on a night in the Hard Rock Hotel. It's become a traditional that me and Rhory try to eat in a Hard Rock cafe on every holiday, so this seemed ideal. However, the flights ended up costing a bit more than I originally thought so I had to abandon that idea as it was no longer in budget. Then as part compensation for completely loosing our cases last year, British Airways sent me and Rhory a £150 voucher each. I had the bright idea of finding out whether we could use this against accommodation and we could. So the Hard Rock was booked for 2 nights, Thurs 4th and Fri 5th Sept for the total cost to me of £6. Bargain! I have also booked a 'taxi' to take us there on the morning of the 4th and it's secretly a limo.

Next was tickets, and we have 14 day ultimate tickets for Disney and 7 day Universal passes. We did consider KSC and Seaworld but just don't think we'll have time. We also want to go to Aquatica so will just get tickets on the gate. Transfers are booked through Sunshine Florida, Caxton FX cards arrived and partly loaded and will get more dollars from next paycheque. Dave's mum has very kindly offered to drive us through to Glasgow airport so not much left ot sort out now other than insurance and packing and 2 weeks on Friday, off we go!
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 08, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Almost time!

Jodie
Old 10 Aug 08, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
looks like a fine plan!
look forward to hearing all about it
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 08, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Not long now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 08, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Have a fantastic time, not long now!
We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for the first time at the beginning of July - you'll have a great time.