Notices

Old 18 Aug 08, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mr and Mrs Tractor Boy - Will it be the last!

The holidaymakers are as follows:

Tractor Boy - age unknown, granddaughter reckons 10

Mrs Tractor - age, I dare not say but still looks the same as the day I met her - in that dark alley

This trip was not planned as we were out in April for 3 weeks, two of which were spent with youngest son and his girlfriend

Like a lot on here as soon as I get back I want to go again. Slightly different this time as I left work in September 07 (took the money!) so only Mrs Tractor was earning at salary.

Still we sat one night on the good old computer looking as we do as flights and saw a rather tempting price with Virgin. I said yes, she said no. Well a couple of days later she texted me when I was out and said she had found some flights for around £350. Easy I thought she has succumbed again to my charms
Couple of days later she picks up the phone and calls Virgin and bingo, 2 seats in economy for £601 for the two of us for September 4 flying out at 11.15 on VS27
Of course I sat there totally shocked and challenged her obvious attitude towards our finances. After picking myself up off the floor I had to agree that it was a cracking price and would start looking at hotels, car hire, overnight etc.

So 16 days to go and overnight is booked. Ifield Court near Gatwick as we are doing twilight check in. Fancied going back to the Fairfield Inn at Marriott Village as we have stayed there before and like it - nice location. And it was a very good price for 10 nights - me thinking of saving money like men do

So what does Mrs. Tractor go and do. She e-mails me from work and informs me she has gone and booked 5 nights at the Caribbean Beach. What about the money says me, never mind says her!

So we have the first 5 nights at the Fairfield Inn and then 5 nights at the Carribean Beach. As we have annual passes we can make use of the early/late hours.

All that is left to do is the car hire. No hurry, will look at that next week. Always use Airlinenetwork as the price is good

Only youngest son knows and our friends down the road. Eldest son is not that interested and if we mention it to Mrs. Tractors mum and dad we will get the usual 'you must have plenty of money'. Yeah right. No loaded just careful

Mrs. Tractor has booked a couple of ADRs. Konai Cafe and Grand Floridan Cafe (I think) so that will be interesting.

Really looking forward to Wishes and Spectromagic. Will take in Illuminations but not that fussed.

Mrs. Tractor will give walmarts profits a big boost I am sure, me I am not bothered this trip.

Also have a meeting to arrange with Sue as I owe the good lady a cocktail or two.

One last thing. The thread title. Although I really hope it is not - especially as I want to take my grand daughter Caitlin again - this trip could well the our last as we are looking to move to Spain. House has been on the market for nearly a year now but like so many others trying to sell it is sole destroying. We are going to drop the price a tad before we go and let the estate agent have a key and see what materialises when we get back. If not me thnks I will go job hunting to stave off the boredom and also to stop me getting through so many paperbacks.

Right that is it. I might even do a trip report - that should be fun

I see that there are quite a few fellow dibbers out there at the same time, one or two staying at the Caribbean Beach. You never know we might bump into each other. Just look for a hen pecked male carrying loads of shopping walking 4 paces before his dear wife
Old 18 Aug 08, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

You'll be back Mr Tractor... even if you do move to Spain (lucky you) You do know Sue's handy with a camera...so we'll be able to guess your age when you return... are you packed yet?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 08, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Will not pack until Wednesay morning probably just before we drive to Gatwick for twilight check in. Get things out the weekend before.

I pack and it does not take that long. The bulk of the case is usually taken up with make up and toiletries - not mine of course!

Going to travel a bit lighter this time as Elaine wants to bring back a comforter as the one we currently have on the bed is getting a bit old
Old 18 Aug 08, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds good, looking forward to the trippie when you get back
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 08, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you have a great trip planned, look forward to reading all about it.

Wishing you all the best with the house sale, hopefully the estate agent will have some good news for you when you get back.
Old 18 Aug 08, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Have fun

Jodie
Old 18 Aug 08, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

All sounds good to me - have a fab time
Old 18 Aug 08, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a nice trip, and you both seem fairly relaxed about it all which must be nice.
Old 18 Aug 08, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds like your going to have a great shop opps i mean time seriously your dw sounds just like me and i need a new bed in a bag, thats on my list to buy at christmas,

Good luck on the house sale and move over here, im sure you will find a flight out of spain to florida

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 08, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Have A great time