Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 May 09, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
I've just read your trippy, lol, omg, you've put me off using the train now!

That did occur to me after posting that ! They do have a 'checked baggage ' facility for some trains, that would have been easier with the suitcases. I'm sure there must be luggage shelves on the lower level as well - but we were in such a tiz trying to lug our cases upstairs and find new seats, we didn't stop to think
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 09, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I don't know much about that part of the US but from what I have seen it all looks stunning Great choice and happy planning honey
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 09, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds good. Can I ask which websites you're using for research? Also, have you found a hotel yet? I've been looking at half moon bay inn, which looks very nice.
Ive been on TA forum, i havent found a hotel but i think were going to be staying in the Gaslamp Quarter. Its quite near the waterfront & theres loads of shops & restaurants around. There buses that run to Seaworld & the Zoo. Also theres a ferry or bus that takes you to Coronado Island. I fancied going to La Jolla to watch the seals & maybe kayak as well, but its only 4 nights were going so have to see.

Heres another site that might interest you, luxbusamerica. Im thinking of using it from Anaheim to San Diego. It picks up & drops of at hotels.

Edited at 07:53 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 09, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
That did occur to me after posting that ! They do have a 'checked baggage ' facility for some trains, that would have been easier with the suitcases. I'm sure there must be luggage shelves on the lower level as well - but we were in such a tiz trying to lug our cases upstairs and find new seats, we didn't stop to think
I'm sure we'd be exactly the same, lol, it's an option to keep in mind anyway.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 09, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Florida Mel View Post
I don't know much about that part of the US but from what I have seen it all looks stunning Great choice and happy planning honey
California is beautiful Mel, my favourite place of all is Monterey, well apart from Disneyland of course! You will definitely have to visit in the future.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 09, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by kerryh View Post
Ive been on TA forum, i havent found a hotel but i think were going to be staying in the Gaslamp Quarter. Its quite near the waterfront & theres loads of shops & restaurants around. There buses that run to Seaworld & the Zoo. Also theres a ferry or bus that takes you to Coronado Island. I fancied going to La Jolla to watch the seals & maybe kayak as well, but its only 4 nights were going so have to see.

Heres another site that might interest you, luxbusamerica. Im thinking of using it from Anaheim to San Diego. It picks up & drops of at hotels.
LOL, I've spent a good part of today on Trip Advisor, it's great isn't it? I just found about the lux bus today as well, lol, are you stalking me? Must admit the luxbus looks good, and not a bad price either, and at least we won't have the risk of 'losing the stairs' like on the train!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 9 May 09, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

West Coast - Ah! 1995 and an 28 foot R V (motorhome). Starting in Oakland just outside San Francisco (because that's where Cruise America is) and on to Lake Merced. Up into Yosemite Valley - wow is that a sight! And especially by full moon sitting by a camp fire. First time I ever saw a shooting star. Over Tioga Pass and down to the salty Mono Lake. Into to Death Valley, frying in Furnace Creek and then over to Las Vegas and its madness. Hoover Dam and into Arizona. Wilmslow Meteor crater, Flagstaff, Sedona and its amazing red lava rock. Phoenix and Blythe. Blythe? You've never heard of it. It's on the border bewtween Az and Ca. The R V park there has a open air jacuzzi - cold beer under the stars - great! And then a mountain lion wandering amongst the picnic tables at 6:30 in the morning. On to Palm Springs and then to Anaheim for a dose of Disneyland. Up the US 1 and through Big Sur. Danish town of Solvang - Sea Otters at Monterey - Half Moon Bay (I want to live there) - on to San Francisco and over the Golden Gate bridge. Fantastic Napa valley and the amazing geyser at Calistoga. Back to San Francisco to finish off.
16 days of absolute wonderful geography, people, food and fun. And I'd do it all again tomorrow. (Don't even ask about the 3 weeks from Seattle to Washington D C by Amtrak). When we travel, we travel.
Old 9 May 09, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
Hey!We had fun on Amtrak- luggage problems and all. Chicago didn't do checked luggage and that was a pain but you get through it. It's a shame that the USA so underfunds its public railways (or railroads as they call them). If I had one comment - if I never see another Philadelphia cheesecake (the buffet) it would be too soon.
Old 10 May 09, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Half Moon Bay to Pacifica is awesome. You're so close to SF and Silicon Valley and yet in cowboy country wilderness.
Old 10 May 09, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think you'd get Sam in one of those beaches, lovely as they look, lol, she's got a think about being over the water.

I've been looking at pics of the harbour online, it looks really nice, and I've found a hotel which is right near the harbor, it's called Half Moon Bay Inn, which looks great and they have suites.
we have been to San diego 3 times now and last year we went for 2 weeks and we love it to bits. There is so much to do

Beaches
Zoo
sea world
balboa park
La Jolla
Harbour
The USS midway
Sporting events (basesball)
All sorts of city tours

You have said that you found a hotel called Half moon by the Bay, this is Humphreys Half moon and this is where we stayed for 2 weeks and we loved every minute.The only thing is if you are not driving it is about 15 mins from the city centre and the public transport is not good from here. It is opposite the city centre so the veiws are fantastic and it is in the middle of the Americas cup harbour so the boats are magnificent
Closed Thread