Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Oct 09, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

The limo was booked through Presidential Limo and I thought it was great value. We had a great big stretch limo for 1 hour, a bottle of champagne and a rose for me and it cost $58.00 (less than 40 pounds when I got the credit card bill) plus tip for the driver (we gave her $20).
They would take you anywhere you wanted so we got picked up from our hotel, cruised up and down the strip, went to the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign and took photos there, and then we got our driver to drop us off at the outlets just past the sign so we could go shopping.

The helicopter tour over the strip was with Heli USA, but I booked it through Viator and got 30% off. We took a cab to the airport, where you were weighed and given a glass of champagne. You hung around for a while and were then taken round to the helicopters. There were 6 of us per helicopter, plus the pilot and I was lucky enough to sit in the front next to the pilot. The view over the strip was amazing, and when we went past the Bellagio, the fountains were going which looked fantastic. I have just had a look on the Viator website and it is still on offer - 42.35 pounds per person.

We enjoyed both of these very much, needless to say!

Edited at 03:38 PM.
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 09, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bevawelly View Post
The limo was booked through Presidential Limo and I thought it was great value. We had a great big stretch limo for 1 hour, a bottle of champagne and a rose for me and it cost $58.00 (less than 40 pounds when I got the credit card bill) plus tip for the driver (we gave her $20).
They would take you anywhere you wanted so we got picked up from our hotel, cruised up and down the strip, went to the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign and took photos there, and then we got our driver to drop us off at the outlets just past the sign so we could go shopping.

The helicopter tour over the strip was with Heli USA, but I booked it through Viator and got 30% off. We took a cab to the airport, where you were weighed and given a glass of champagne. You hung around for a while and were then taken round to the helicopters. There were 6 of us per helicopter, plus the pilot and I was lucky enough to sit in the front next to the pilot. The view over the strip was amazing, and when we went past the Bellagio, the fountains were going which looked fantastic. I have just had a look on the Viator website and it is still on offer - 42.35 pounds per person.

We enjoyed both of these very much, needless to say!
Thanks very much for the info - am off to have a look now. I did think about having a limo pick us up from the airport, but I think what you did sounds a lot better and I think we would appreciate it a bit more if we do it once we have got over the flight. Really fancy the helicopter trip too so its great to hear that you enjoyed it. Thanks again.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
What a great trip!
We are also planning on doing SF/Yosemite- so a couple of questions for you
Was 3 days enough time in SF?
Would you recommend Yosemite Lodge at the Falls?
Also what site did you use to book this hotel?

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

May I ask what you thought of The Argonaut as we are booked to stay there for a few nights in April?

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lov2dis View Post
What a great trip!
We are also planning on doing SF/Yosemite- so a couple of questions for you
Was 3 days enough time in SF?
Would you recommend Yosemite Lodge at the Falls?
Also what site did you use to book this hotel?
We stayed 3 nights in San Francisco so only had 2 full days there and for us it was enough, but I guess it would depend on what you want to do/see. We managed to bike the Golden Gate Bridge, visit the pier ar Fisherman's Wharf and see the sealions, do the night tour of Alcatraz, go to the Farmers Market, go shopping at Union Square, eat at the Cheesecake Factory on top of Macy's, ride a tram and walk up Lombard Street!

I would highly recommend Yosemite Lodge at the Falls - you are not paying for a high standard of accomodation, you are paying for the location, and Yosemite blew me away so much I really couldn't have cared less what the room was like, it was just amazing to be there. The room was perfectly adequate having said that.
We booked directly with the lodge, through the Yosemite website, a whole year in advance!
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy View Post
May I ask what you thought of The Argonaut as we are booked to stay there for a few nights in April?
We really liked The Argonaut. We didn't spend much time in the hotel itself but our room was lovely with a view of the bay and we loved the animal print dressing gowns in the room! The location was really good, on the edge of Fisherman's Wharf so you can walk to a lot of attractions but you are located slightly away from all the hustle and bustle. If we ever go back to San Francisco we would definately stay there again.
Old 8 Nov 09, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I would like to ask what you thought of Knotts Berry and Six flags magic mountain. We have just recently come back. Me and DS went to Knotts berry and really enjoyed it as all the rides were walk on. We were going to go to Six flags for our last day but were told that the queues were about 2 hours long so decided to go to Seaworld instead. Was just wondering if what Six flags was like as we really wanted to do it but didn't fancy queuing for ages and decided that the money would be better spent doing something that OH could do as well as he is not too keen on theme parks but will do disney.
Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 09, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by yclarke View Post
I would like to ask what you thought of Knotts Berry and Six flags magic mountain. We have just recently come back. Me and DS went to Knotts berry and really enjoyed it as all the rides were walk on. We were going to go to Six flags for our last day but were told that the queues were about 2 hours long so decided to go to Seaworld instead. Was just wondering if what Six flags was like as we really wanted to do it but didn't fancy queuing for ages and decided that the money would be better spent doing something that OH could do as well as he is not too keen on theme parks but will do disney.
Thanks.
We really enjoyed both parks. Knotts Berry was pretty much walk on for us as well. When we went to Six Flags we went on X2 first and queued for an hour which put us off a bit but after that most of the rides only had a 5-10 minute wait. We didn't get to Superman until towards the end of the day, and the queue for that was over an hour so we skipped it. We did go on nearly everything else, there was only one other ride we missed but I can't remember the name of it. The whole day was definately well worth it for us, just to go on X2 but them we are both roller coaster freaks!
Old 10 Nov 09, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bevawelly View Post
We really enjoyed both parks. Knotts Berry was pretty much walk on for us as well. When we went to Six Flags we went on X2 first and queued for an hour which put us off a bit but after that most of the rides only had a 5-10 minute wait. We didn't get to Superman until towards the end of the day, and the queue for that was over an hour so we skipped it. We did go on nearly everything else, there was only one other ride we missed but I can't remember the name of it. The whole day was definately well worth it for us, just to go on X2 but them we are both roller coaster freaks!
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed both parks. I guess I will always be wondering about missing out on six flags but think that I made the right decision in going to seaworld instead as it was halloween weekend that we would have gone and people that I spoke to said that it gets really busy at weekends with it not opening on weekdays.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 09, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by yclarke View Post
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed both parks. I guess I will always be wondering about missing out on six flags but think that I made the right decision in going to seaworld instead as it was halloween weekend that we would have gone and people that I spoke to said that it gets really busy at weekends with it not opening on weekdays.
You'll just have to go back then, won't you, so you can go to Six Flags. We've only been back a month and we are already planning Road Trip Take 2!
Closed Thread