Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Apr 16, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip , especially the part where your boys reverted back to being children again you have made me even more determined to try Calafornia next year
Old 13 Apr 16, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Wow! What an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow, sounds like a fantastic trip x
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Wow sounds like an absolutely amazing trip! Glad you took the time to write this, so many highs!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Thank you all for reading, and for the comments.

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Really nice report I love the fact that the majority of your highs were natural occurrences, rather than through OCD planning,lol! Can you expand on the Valley of fire please-I'm hoping to get there this year
Hi
Valley of Fire – If you enjoy absolutely spectacular scenery and nature then you’re in for a treat! We did this park as part of a full day out, I can recommend doing this. Perhaps take a picnic, there are sooo many places to stop and just...look...
We went via Lake Mead Recreation Area (National Park) It costs $20 but well worth it. We drove up to Valley of Fire via Lakeshore Road . There are a variety of things to see going this way, from lake views, short red stone trails through the most amazing sculpted rock, and you can see petroglyphs made by ancient Indians, desert springs, lake views, the water is TOO blue!? You then reach Valley of Fire (cost $7) which is another level of wow. There are views that will take your breath away.
And the silence if you stop in any of the parks. It’s almost deafening. Nothing you can see as far as the horizon is man made apart from the road you drive on.
WE came back to Vegas on the fast road so it was a round trip as such. An excellent day out.

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Your trip sounds amazing we are going soon and I cannot wait! One of things you mentioned is something I am really looking forward to, seeing the stars. We are staying in yucca valley, very near the Joshua tree national park and I think we should be hopefully be able to see the Milky Way...
Hi!
Oh you will not be disappointed if you get a clear night!
I really wish at the time I had some means of being able to settle off the ground somewhere wrapped up warm and just lay looking up for a while. Hubby had to tear me away. It was as if I was seeing the sky for the first time. I was literally ‘starstruck’ LOL.

Originally Posted by Goosieloosie View Post
Sounds absolutely amazing! It's 4 weeks until our trip and you're now making me regret that we haven't included half what you have! I've definitely now (since reading your report) etched in a visit to the science centre did it take you long to get around it, half a day would you say? I'd like to see Endeavour
Hi!
Half a day would be enough time I think dependent on your level of interest. You can go straight to Endeavour, it’s in it’s own hangar. We read all the info boards around the room and ran out of time to watch the videos, in fact we had to be gently ushered to the door at closing time LOL Before you go down to the hangar there is a fascinating time lapse video upstairs on how they got the shuttle through the streets of LA to the Science Centre!
Personally I wasn’t impressed with the rest of the Science Centre, Endeavour was the star. It’s free entry but we paid $12 parking. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Firstly a big thank you for taking the time to share this - I hope it helped with the jet lag! If anyone needed proof there is another America this is it. I love the contrast between the decadence of LA (which I'm not a fan of) to the nature and simplicity of the parks.

I also understand why you would not want to repeat it. This was probably so magical that if you do it again there may be a chance you would take some of the shine away from the original

Once again, thanks for sharing.
Hi It did help with jetlag! Yes, it really was a magical trip , I wouldn't want to break the spell...

Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post
I did too!

We felt the same way when we did a similar trip when our kids were teenagers - in fact it came up in conversation when I was out to lunch with my son today. He's 27 now. Lovely memories.

Would love to see your photos
Hiya
Aw that's lovely you still talk about it! I'm quite sure we'll talk about this holiday for years to come. BTW, I enjoyed reading your trip reports before we went

Edited at 09:22 AM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
TobyK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 138
Right that's it... that's what I'm doing next year. 😀
TobyK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Wow... sounds simply amazing. You've sold me

If you get the chance would love to see some pictures as it all sounds incredible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I remember going on a short camping break one year and in the tent on the next pitch to us they had brought with them a 42" TV and PS3...I've heard of Glamping but that is crazy (IMHO)

It wasn't you was it?!
Lol, no but glad my DS doesn't read these posts he might get some ideas
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Goosieloosie View Post
Sounds absolutely amazing! It's 4 weeks until our trip and you're now making me regret that we haven't included half what you have! I've definitely now (since reading your report) etched in a visit to the science centre did it take you long to get around it, half a day would you say? I'd like to see Endeavour
I doubt your would need half a day without young kids . We went last year and spent a couple of hours there and saw most of it , had the kids not been with us I'm sure we wouldn't have been there that long .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Your highs and lows made me cry (You know how emotional I am! )

The nature sounds amazing, such a contrast to San Francisco and Vegas! It really does sound an awesome trip, and can't believe how much you packed into it! Good to have quality time with the boys too, they grow up so quick. holiday memories are worth the price of the holiday, can't take them away

Now, get those pics on Facebook, I'm dying to see them
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread