Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Oct 16, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
flossdaisy
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Jersey Gardens shopping - New York

Hi, I'm off on a girlie trip to NYC in a few weeks. We're thinking of a shopping day at Jersey Gardens outlet mall. Can anyone tell me if we can expect to get any bargains there? I know the exchange rate is pretty poor, but how does it compare to the Orlando outlets, for example? Thank you x
flossdaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

I am planning on going there next Monday - if I get a chance (wifi and time etc) I will let you know. I hope there are some bargains - we decided on Jersey Gardens over Woodbury Common as we are not really designer label people.

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We went in 2014, it's quite good, got a few bargains. It's no where near the size of premium outlets, Woodbury common is though.
Definately worth a visit though and only took 25 mins to get to.
Old 17 Oct 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
flossdaisy
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks for your replies x
flossdaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

While not an outlet centre but if want a Florida Mall type experience then would recommend Westfield Garden State Plaza - loads of shops Macys, JC Penny, Apple, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Gap, Gucci, Disney etc etc. Also has a decent food court.
Easy to get to in less than an hour from Port Authority bus station on 8th Avenue in New York (NJ Transit bus#163) with bus stop in the mall car park. With less sales tax and not very busy got some great deals on clothes there.
westfield/gardenstateplaza

Edited at 10:34 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
flossdaisy
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Floridafan1903 View Post
While not an outlet centre but if want a Florida Mall type experience then would recommend Westfield Garden State Plaza - loads of shops Macys, JC Penny, Apple, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Gap, Gucci, Disney etc etc. Also has a decent food court.
Easy to get to in less than an hour from Port Authority bus station on 8th Avenue in New York (NJ Transit bus#163) with bus stop in the mall car park. With less sales tax and not very busy got some great deals on clothes there.
westfield/gardenstateplaza
Thank you, I'll have a look into this too x
Old 25 Oct 16, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

Just returned from our shopping day at Jersey Gardens. We caught the 8.55 bus from Port Authority, got into the mall by 9.45 but the shops don't open until 10. we left at 7pm and still hadn't been to all the shops we wanted. Spent far too much money and got some real bargains. Hollister and A & F had some good bargains, plus extra discounts with the discount book. Kate Spade had 60% off and then an additional 20% and some lovely bags. Take a suitcase or wheeled bag to bring things back in. One warning - not everyone in the bus queue got on, they then had to wait for the next bus as it was so popular. Really enjoyed shopping here - a real mix of Florida Mall with Premium Outlets prices.

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottiedogz View Post
Just returned from our shopping day at Jersey Gardens. We caught the 8.55 bus from Port Authority, got into the mall by 9.45 but the shops don't open until 10. we left at 7pm and still hadn't been to all the shops we wanted. Spent far too much money and got some real bargains. Hollister and A & F had some good bargains, plus extra discounts with the discount book. Kate Spade had 60% off and then an additional 20% and some lovely bags. Take a suitcase or wheeled bag to bring things back in. One warning - not everyone in the bus queue got on, they then had to wait for the next bus as it was so popular. Really enjoyed shopping here - a real mix of Florida Mall with Premium Outlets prices.
It sounds like you got some really good bargains! I'm in NY for the first time next spring. Still planning the itinerary and wondering whether we can use one of our days to focus on shopping or if we should concentrate on seeing the sites.

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
flossdaisy
Proud to wear my Ears

Fantastic! I can't wait to go now. Cheers for the info.
Closed Thread