Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 Jan 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile Reasonably priced NY accommodation

Hello,
Looking to go to NY in November for my Dad's 70th.
Looking online though and accommodation prices are insane.
We'd be happy with travelodge standard of accommodation but would prefer quite central or at least very near the subway.

We'd need 3 rooms so anyone with experience of apartments I'd also love to hear from you

Thanks x
Old 2 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

We went October 2016 - I put off booking the hotel for ages as the prices were mad and fluctuated, and there was so much choice I didnt know where to begin really.
Eventually I booked the Affinia Manhattan opposite Madison Square Gardens and it was a good price £500 for 3 nights and it was a lovely hotel, easy to get to and lots of things around - booked through Expedia and got Quidco cash back. I booked in September for October.

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Radio city apartments were perfect for us, really central around the corner from Times Square and the apartment was great, cleaned daily and in excellent condition.

We had a 2 bedroomed that also had a sofa bed in the living room. Pricing was very good as well
Old 2 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We just stayed at Home2Suites in Long Island City. The rooms were large (in the one we stayed in we had 2 queen beds and a sofa bed) plus a kitchenette. Breakfast was included.

It was 50m from the subway. Only 2 stops into Manhattan.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We stayed in the staybridge suites which were in quite a central location
Old 3 Jan 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottiedogz View Post
We went October 2016 - I put off booking the hotel for ages as the prices were mad and fluctuated, and there was so much choice I didnt know where to begin really.
Eventually I booked the Affinia Manhattan opposite Madison Square Gardens and it was a good price £500 for 3 nights and it was a lovely hotel, easy to get to and lots of things around - booked through Expedia and got Quidco cash back. I booked in September for October.
Thankyou, but this is unfortunately still over our budget
Old 3 Jan 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
We stayed in the staybridge suites which were in quite a central location
Thankyou so much for responding, but thats over $400 a night per room, I must be very spoilt after the other countries I have been visiting, as this is just extortinate.
Old 3 Jan 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by pennycrayon View Post
Radio city apartments were perfect for us, really central around the corner from Times Square and the apartment was great, cleaned daily and in excellent condition.

We had a 2 bedroomed that also had a sofa bed in the living room. Pricing was very good as well
Thankyou very much, I've had a look at this one, and it's the closest to us being able to manage it financially.
As there will be 5 of us, the 2 bedroom with a sofa bed will fit us in, and its £1250 for 4 nights, so not TOO bad.
The location really sells it for me too as I could save us £50 each by Air bnb'ing it, but we won't be half as central.
Thanks
Old 3 Jan 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We stayed in the Manhattan at Times Square (yes, very originally titled ). It was quite a bit cheaper than others that were similar and we found it to be similar to the Sheraton at Times Square that's located just across the road (the room was much nicer in the Manhattan, but the corridor was a bit grim).
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Hotel Edison Times Square
We paid £600 for 4 nights 2a2c.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List