Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've only ever had Symbian (Nokia) or Android phones, so can't help with Apple.
For Android phones, I've always used Android Authority; their videos are pretty good and quite often do comparisons.
I'm the same as you and always have SIM only contracts. I've just recently moved to Sky; won't say their coverage is the best (O2) but it's good enough for me and really cheap.
I'd think in your situation, it'd be worth moving all your SIMS to the same provider and getting a family deal.
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I used to be a Apple hater, loved android, used to import and sell 'droid phones alot, loves the open structure of them, you could add apps easily enough,

then i got a iphone 4 for iMessage for work

wow, the iphone for months without having to reboot it and reinstall apps etc etc

since had a iphone 5 and 6, currently got SE

I have a £5 a month tesco's sim only and paid £120 for my SE

i honestly cannot see the point of paying £60 a month for a phone contract just for a new phone every 2 years
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Trouble3 View Post
I'd think in your situation, it'd be worth moving all your SIMS to the same provider and getting a family deal.
I have looked at that but their deals don't come close to what I can get separately. By the nature of them the contracts are all spaced out with different lengths and end dates. I am relatively happy at the moment with what I'm paying if paying for everyone contracts can be considered happiness.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

OP when I was looking to decide which new phone to get I found the easiest way for me was to watch reviews on YouTube. I don’t know how decided you are in terms of Apple vs Android. If you haven’t decided that watch a comparison between similar spec models first. Decide which OS you want, then look at comparisons between models. What I found helpful was being able to see what they were talking about rather than reading about comparisons. Pixels per inch means very little to me, but physically seeing a screen I could decide if it was something I’d be happy with. Equally seeing photos taken with the cameras helped me decide more than being told about pixels.

You’re never going to get a truly non biased review. Even the more non judgmental of reviews will have some degree of human bias. The video reviews I at least found I could use my own judgement too.

I think there was one called TailosiveTech on YouTube who really helped me when deciding between the iPhone 11 and Pro as he was talking about what “normal users”‘would notice and whether those specific features would matter to you personally etc.

Good luck, it’s a minefield.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have a Motorola play and it’s very good for what I need it for, was about £130 I think. My family all have expensive phones apart from me and dh who have Motorolas.