Old 3 Nov 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Try not to worry as when I was looking at August (Although from Manchester) they didn’t release reward flights for a good few weeks after the flight dates were released. Hopefully they will turn up soon, good luck.

Kat
Thanks. I know you’re right but it’s just so frustrating .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Thanks. I know you’re right but it’s just so frustrating .
I just PM’d you (but not sure it went through) as I noticed some upper reward flights on the 24th. I’m sure you know and already sorted but thought I’d tell you anyway.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I just PM’d you (but not sure it went through) as I noticed some upper reward flights on the 24th. I’m sure you know and already sorted but thought I’d tell you anyway.

Kat
No it didn’t come through but thank you. I noticed those this morning but unfortunately we’d be about 50000 miles short. It does give me some hope though as they weren’t showing yesterday .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well I’ve complained to Virgin and had a generic “we can’t predict award availability” reply. It’s almost as if it happens by magic! Anyway, I’ve replied to point out that’s not the point of my complaint. None of the VA agents seem to get that I’m annoyed because taking an open ticket means I can’t book anything online and instead have to contact them which takes an age and means I miss out. And taking an open ticket was doing them a favour!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Nov 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I rang them to book our open return reward flights. I’d be ringing them rather than texting or using WhatsApp as I’ve used them loads over the last few months and sometimes it takes a couple of days to reply. So best to ring and speak to them directly, the two people I spoke too were both lovely.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I rang them to book our open return reward flights. I’d be ringing them rather than texting or using WhatsApp as I’ve used them loads over the last few months and sometimes it takes a couple of days to reply. So best to ring and speak to them directly, the two people I spoke too were both lovely.

Kat
Yes when the time comes for me to book my reward return or get a refund I’ll call them but obviously I didn’t realise when I initially went to book that it would take so long via WhatsApp. At the moment economy flights have increased to more than I’d be happy to pay so I’ll just need to wait it out. I don’t expect them to do anything with my complaint. I’ve lost all faith in them to be honest .

Trip Report Index
Old 8 Nov 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Currently on hold with VA to book our return on the following Tuesday. It means another 3 days AL which isn’t ideal and another 3 days Marie won’t be earning but at this point I feel like I need to do something. Hopefully something will come up for the Friday and we can switch back.

It’s also going to be another 4 nights accommodation but I’ll worry about that if and when I have to. Cheap and cheerful may have to do!

Trip Report Index
Old 8 Nov 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well that’s that done. I feel like I should be excited about 4 extra days but it does mean more time off work, more money for accommodation and food and Marie is self-employed so won’t earn during those extra days.

I’ll keep checking for the Friday as we can make one more change free of charge apparently but in the meantime I’m off to research accommodation for potentially our last 4 nights .

Trip Report Index
Old 8 Nov 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Currently on hold with VA to book our return on the following Tuesday. It means another 3 days AL which isn’t ideal and another 3 days Marie won’t be earning but at this point I feel like I need to do something. Hopefully something will come up for the Friday and we can switch back.

It’s also going to be another 4 nights accommodation but I’ll worry about that if and when I have to. Cheap and cheerful may have to do!
How did you get on? Did you get the PE seats booked?
Old 8 Nov 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Well that’s that done. I feel like I should be excited about 4 extra days but it does mean more time off work, more money for accommodation and food and Marie is self-employed so won’t earn during those extra days.

I’ll keep checking for the Friday as we can make one more change free of charge apparently but in the meantime I’m off to research accommodation for potentially our last 4 nights .
Ooh we must have overlapped! Well done. Not ideal, I know, but fingers crossed something will come up for 24th

Edited at 05:40 PM.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List