Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Aug 16, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
hm...

I heard somewhere (or at least I think I did? ) that they are testing their own version of fast passes, is this not the case?

I was thinking may be spending 5 nights at Anaheim but now not so sure. We have use of vila in LA and we may just drive in for few days

Do they still not have wi fi in the parks? This is disappointing, particularly if they will be enrolling version of fp+
No it was rumoured last year but it never happened and there are no current plans to change the FP.

I've two teens and I can't say any of us were that bothered by the lack of wifi .. we do have the 3 feel at home sims so could have used internet but didn't as we were on the go constantly .

That said 5 nights night because bit much in Anaheim I can't imagine spending that much time there as the parks aren't that big , 3 would easily be enough .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

It won't be an issue to be without wifi if there is no need to be booking fp+.

Thanks for the info

I need to start reading trip reports, it will give me some ideas!
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

As they don't have Magic Bands (not deemed necessary) there is no need for Wi Fi in the DL parks.

The mistake is to even try and compare DL with WDW. They are not meant to be the same thing and they are not in competition with each other. DL is the original - without it there would have been no WDW.

80% of visitors to DL are Southern Californians. It is viewed as their local park.

Over the years we have grown to love DL - it's more manageable - I can walk from park to park. In fact we love it so much we bought DVC at the Villas at Grand Californian.

I said not to compare but there are in fact more rides / attractions at Disneyland (58) than there are at Magic Kingdom.(50) and that is not including California Adventure.

For us WDW has lost the way - it's become way too commercial and its pay, pay, pay for everything whilst walking around a multitude of building sites.

California in general is more expensive for everything than Florida.

Each to their own but for us bigger isn't better.

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

It will help us that if we wish we could stay in our friends vila in LA for big portion of the holiday

I hope they don't introduce fast pass + so
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just done DL and WDW in the same trip and while they are both Disney they are different and I wouldn't say one was better than the other.

Having FP rather than FP+ wasn't an issue as we used it for years.

No wifi again no issue as we have US Sims from the days before WDW had free wifi everywhere as we need them for work.

I actually liked the nighttime entertainment better and I am sad it's ending in September as IMO it's so much better than what WDW has to offer at the moment.

DCA was a great park and big surprise to us.

We stayed and the VGC and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else - they were perfect.

We love FL but we do more than the parks so it's where will go back to more frequently however we plan to visit DL again on a couple of years.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I really loved Disneyland and despite being "offsite" I could walk to the parks faster than I could get to the WDW parks, by bus, from my onsite resort (OKW)
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TRACCOOPER
Excited about Disney

We have just returned from our west coast trip. We found that single rider queues in Disney & Universal were very low. Harry potter was showing as 90 mins wait but single rider was 5 mins Radiator Springs was the same
TRACCOOPER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I'm the other way, I loved the fact I did not have to pre-plan and eveyone had the same access to fastpasses, the Main park is quite small so there was not too much walking, I loved how everything was sort of on top of you!

Personally I think Disneyland is a lot better and the attractions are a notch above WDW, although it copes with crowds really badly due to its size.
Agree wholeheartedly with this!

I love Florida but really, really loved Disneyland. It just felt that little bit more magical - maybe it was the diamond celebration that was the reason or because it's Walt's original park but we would go back in a second!
Old 12 Aug 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Both superb resorts/parks but there is something special about the Disneyland 2... in fact I'd go as far as saying Cal adventure is my fav park I have ever been to... it's perfect for me... Fast Pass are a perk for us whether you book months in advance or do a bit of leg work on the day... will be back there next week for a day in each park and cannot wait

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Ok... Just back from 4 nights / 5 days in Disneyland. As with DLP we said we wouldn't compare with WDW.

We loved DL and especially DCA. Also go to say that DCA is probably my favourite Disney park that I have been to (WDW/DL/DLP).

Legacy FP was fine and we only used about 5-6 throughout the time we were there. I am a massive fan of FP+ as well.

We did miss the wifi option. We didn't have US sims, so we had to ask cast members at the stands on a few occasions for wait times at various attractions. With wifi then we could have just used the app.

Shows were amazing in DL.

We really enjoyed our time there and will definitely go back again some time!

Edited at 11:03 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread