Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Aug 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Of the two that I have suggested the Marni has a bigger pool, metaxatos is more basic. The reason I asked is that the one in Lassi is very well located and allows easy strolling in argostili in the evening. My older teens happily went off on their own and I felt completely safe. My 14 yo too. Not sure I would send her when she was 13 on her own though,maybe different in pairs. Plenty of good sailing and turtle watching and dolphin spotting in Kefalonia. Much lower key than Crete, but Koutouloufari is a quieter resort for Crete. Much more to do onsite at Marni.

Agree with others Corfu is nice. Much more lush than Pefkos. We tend to stay in Roda, Kalami or San Stephanos (east).

If you fancy Corfu am sure Rasmus will have some useful suggestions too.
Thank you that is so useful.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We loved Pefkos. And will throw in another vote for Kalami in Corfu. We used to got there 20 years or so ago, and it’s very different now, but still quiet with a bit of a local vibe. Great restaurants and amazing places to explore if you have a car. We toured the whole of the north and love it.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Morning x Another vote for stunning Corfu with the ages your children are im sure it would fit the bill. Not been for years but I prob would avoid Sidari. I found it a bit tacky and very busy 16 years ago. Theres some stunning places to explore in Corfu and I'm sure Rasmus can help with more ideas. Not been to Crete but that's on my long Greek list too. Not had a bad holiday in Greece and gutted we didn't get there this year. Have fun choosing. X
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Marni village in koutouloufari in Crete. Go for a two bed apartment. If you rent direct it's pay on arrival, discount for cash and Aircon included.

Us next year 🙂

If wanting something a bit more basic traditional Greek. Then the metaxatos in Lassi in Kefalonia is very well located. It is well worth paying extra for a two bed over a one bed here.
This place looks amazing! I've been to Cofru, Zante and Santorini, never been to Crete, DH went a few times when he was in the RN, and would need some convincing to go. The fact that you pay in cash when you get there is also brilliant!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
This place looks amazing! I've been to Cofru, Zante and Santorini, never been to Crete, DH went a few times when he was in the RN, and would need some convincing to go. The fact that you pay in cash when you get there is also brilliant!
I am really loving the look of this place I have to say. It's pinned on my Pinterest page 🤣
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
One of our local travel agents raves about this place on Facebook all the time so good to hear another recommendation.
However quite some distance from any beaches.
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes. It is a little way from.beaches and will be uphill on the way back but it's not like hours the pools are beautiful though. You can Def do it without a car, but we prefer with.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes. It is a little way from.beaches and will be uphill on the way back but it's not like hours the pools are beautiful though. You can Def do it without a car, but we prefer with.
I think wherever we go will would look at getting a car from the airport so we can explore.
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Morning x Another vote for stunning Corfu with the ages your children are im sure it would fit the bill. Not been for years but I prob would avoid Sidari. I found it a bit tacky and very busy 16 years ago. Theres some stunning places to explore in Corfu and I'm sure Rasmus can help with more ideas. Not been to Crete but that's on my long Greek list too. Not had a bad holiday in Greece and gutted we didn't get there this year. Have fun choosing. X
We stayed at IKOS Dassia last year in Corfu our first time to Greece we can’t wait to go back (booked for Halkidiki this year but now moved to 2021) .We loved Corfu Oldtown we ventured over to Sidari as had the use of a hire car from our resort and agree too tacky. We visited some beautiful old monasteries and lots of quaint little fishing villages can’t remember the names off hand.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Alykes in Zante is a lovely area. We stayed in a hotel room rather than an apartment but it was right next to everything you wanted - beach, restaurants, etc. - with a nice pool. It was called
Ionian Star; you can book via jet 2 or direct with the owner but be patient for his reply as the email response time is not always the quickest! If you book direct though I think you get air con included and are more likely to have a sea view room which are good perks. You can do a fab boat trip from literally 2 mins from your hotel to see the shipwreck beach, coves and turtles

We also liked Halkidiki which was a bit different to other places. We stayed in Kriopigi in (I think) somewhere called the Aegean Aparthotel, which was nice. It was a super hilly walk to the nearest beach though and we found the area of Hanioti which was pretty close to be perhaps somewhere we’d go back to instead. There was a bus which ran between all of the areas on the coast which we found so useful.

I’m also a Pefkos fan, and also liked Skiathos too but I can’t recall where we stayed there.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List