Notices

Old 25 Nov 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
The issue Iím having is that ex who is in our bubble will want to see his mum at Christmas. She will have her other son, wife and baby there, but they live there in a different part of the house, so are a bubble. His sister and her son who is a different household will also be there. Now youngest DS does not want to visit exes mum and was over the moon at the rule of 6 as this prevented it and is insisting he cannot now as itís breaking the rules. Ex is saying it isnít. Can someone tell me whatís what please? Thanks
the ex is right under the xmas bubble guidelines upto 3 households can mix with no limits on numbers and children with separated parents can be in 2 different bubbles.
That said if he's old enough to say he doesn't want to go then I wouldn't make him esp under the current circumatances
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne

gov.uk/government/public...nds-and-family
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Glad to see they have agreed to turn Xmas into a five day Kill Zone
I donít agree with your analysis.Iv been in work with more than 3 bubbles per day. Loads of colleagues etc for months Iím sure Iím not the only one. Iv seen people sat around bars and restaurants all summer and autumn alongside people they donít know.
During Christmas surely if you form the bubble of 3 the vast majority of people wonít be with each other 24 hours a day for 5 days. Possibly 3 or 4 hours for the majority on one day. Less than people spend together in work. Iím sure the conversation will arise before people meet regarding symptoms. The vast majority of people forming bubbles will do so responsibly.
You could always go about your own business and not form a bubble. Thatís fine. To put your phrase out there about forming kill zones is equivalent of someone saying itís impossible to catch Covid from people. Itís irresponsible and not true and unfair on people who have no choice to try and keep life as close to normal as we know it.

Edited at 05:03 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
I have my daughter in tears 😞.

Our current bubble is her boyfriendís family. Our normal family Christmas is our household, my parents and my brotherís household.

If we go with that, it means DD canít see how boyfriend all over Christmas. She moved in with him during the firebreak lockdown but I know she wouldnít do that over Christmas.

I know they canít please everyone but itís just so difficult. Itís almost like you have to choose who you love the most.

I think thereíll be a lot of difficult conversations being had everywhere over the coming days.
I thought the only bubbles you could currently have were with an adult living alone, a single parent with a child under 14 (or with special needs) or if you were providing childcare
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
I thought the only bubbles you could currently have were with an adult living alone, a single parent with a child under 14 (or with special needs) or if you were providing childcare
Weíre in Wales, currently we can form an extended household with one other family and thatís my DDís boyfriend 😀
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Weíre in Wales, currently we can form an extended household with one other family and thatís my DDís boyfriend 😀
And we wonder why people are confused
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

What I also find odd is my son can come here on 23rd December and stay till 27th December, but even though he will have been in the house for 5 days he cant stay on to see in the New Year.
Think we will have issues as DD will want to come here, if only to see her brother, as she has only seen him once this year, but her bf may want to spend Christmas with his family. Usually they go to his Christmas morning and have lunch there and come to us in the evening.
Oh well I suppose we should be grateful for what we are being given
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I donít agree with your analysis.Iv been in work with more than 3 bubbles per day. Loads of colleagues etc for months Iím sure Iím not the only one. Iv seen people sat around bars and restaurants all summer and autumn alongside people they donít know.
During Christmas surely if you form the bubble of 3 the vast majority of people wonít be with each other 24 hours a day for 5 days. Possibly 3 or 4 hours for the majority on one day. Less than people spend together in work. Iím sure the conversation will arise before people meet regarding symptoms. The vast majority of people forming bubbles will do so responsibly.
You could always go about your own business and not form a bubble. Thatís fine. To put your phrase out there about forming kill zones is equivalent of someone saying itís impossible to catch Covid from people. Itís irresponsible and not true and unfair on people who have no choice to try and keep life as close to normal as we know it.
Totally agree with this. I was scared stiff to leave the house from when I stopped going in to work in March. In May I went out with very short walks but only with my daughter. I couldnít believe what Iíd turned into.

The turning point for me was when youngest went back to school. I couldnít not go back into the office but send him out to school everyday. For me personally, it didnít feel right, regardless of the belief kids donít t catch it or suffer as badly. But more to the point, heís in a bubble with how many people who have all been with others, who have been who knows where. So to me it just wasnít logical anymore to say itís too dangerous, because the truth of the matter is with him coming and going, Iím at risk anyway.

Iíve since gone back to work 3 days a week in the office. I have never been happier to go back to the office. A year ago I would have thought you were mad if you told me Iíd say that. I feel better mentally and physically and whilst Iím careful, Iím just getting on with life as best and safely as I can So I donít believe those of us with kids coming and going or working outside the home, will suddenly be in more danger if we are sensible and not around vulnerable people. We wonít be visiting my Mum as sheís in remission and she is happy as Larry about that, but she doesnít live on her own.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I think it's pretty straight forward, common sense says keep to three households and those in that Christmas bubble don't interact with any one else. The dates either side will be on the tier system, only those lucky enough to be in Tier 1 can then mix inside.
Fortunately for me it's fairly easy as my Mum is our bubble and one son lives with us, then we have the other son who will be the second household and daughter the third. No meeting with friends or neighbours and in laws have hubbies brother and sisters near by to join them.
Hopefully yours is as easy as it appears. I take it those grown up sons and daughter don't have partners they want to see (assuming they don't live them) or if they live together that they don't want to see partners family too?

It's the limitation on who others can see that's the issue for me. If my MIL comes here and sees one other son then I can't see my sister and they can't see their other in-laws.

There was a PP who said they've informed family they are staying home alone. I think this is the best option to say it now if that's people intention so others can plan to exclude you.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

I am sorry - but I am going to say it -

Reading some of the posts here about people distraught and in tears over the rules - really if its causing that much misery you need to consider if the "cure" is worse than the illness for you and just do what many others inevitably will be doing this Christmas i.e. visiting family and friends without worrying about how many bubbles they are making within reason i.e whether its 2, 3 or indeed 4 etc - Particularly if you havent got people who are in vulnerable categories.

We have decided to have Christmas on our own this year because its not really that big of a deal to us - but for some people to be in tears etc over it because of some nannying rule some politicians have come up with - really ! ?

er..I will get me coat.

Edited at 07:19 PM.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List