Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

How much meat do you eat?

With most health 'experts' now agreeing that too much meat - especially red meat - is not good for us, I am interested to know whether this has made Dibbers change their diets? I read a thread on SW meals the other day and they were so meat heavy it was amazing!

Don't get me wrong, I love a bacon butty every now and then, but we have noticed that over the last few years our meat consumption has dropped and we now appreciate it as more of a treat. We eat a lot of fish and veggie dishes.

A typical week for us might be:-

Monday Asian Salmon with noodles and veg
Tues Quorn Tacos
Weds Veggie pasta
Thursday Sole and new potatoes
Friday Thai prawn curry
Sat Asian Belly Pork
Sun Roast or chicken pie

On average, I think we have meat twice per week. Occasionally I might add some meat to a dish - like a veggie spaghetti with a couple of rashers of bacon crumbled for flavour or an omelette with a little chorizo in it.

Anyone else think that their consumption has dropped?
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Mobile

Once a week
Too expensive to buy more often !
Old 2 May 16, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I don't eat meat at all. Husband eats meat most days but not in huge quantities - we eat 95% home made stuff, and when I do meat recipes I tend to make double, but increase the veggies instead of the meat. I do also make him have meat-free days.
Old 2 May 16, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I eat chicken most days or fish if it's not chicken. I don't really eat much red meat at all although I do like bacon (chicken and bacon salad)
I am hoping to go to teak neighbourhood grill so will try a burger there lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Most days; only use decent butcher meat/sausages/pies though, not the processed stuff.
Old 2 May 16, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have meat most days , I can't remember the last time we had a day with no meat.

We eat a lot of chicken and I eat steak a few times a week (I buy it from Lidl excellent value) .

Don't eat much fish though.

Bar steak I get all our meat from the local butchers its rare we eat processed rubbish.

Edited at 05:51 PM.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

we eat a lot of chicken, red meat maybe once a week, sometimes less than that.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we eat ham or tuna most lunchtimes then we have meat for dinner maybe 5 nights per week with fish the other 2 nights but we eat chicken a lot more than red meat.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Haven't ate meat since I was 11 and saw a video of a slaughterhouse
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We eat meat near enough every day... Get most of my fresh meat from aldi and it's very good quality for the price. I follow slimming world plan most of the time ... Although two weeks in Florida put paid to that... Big shop today and bought loads of healthier stuff to get back into swing of things.
Typical meals for us cos I've done this weeks meal plan
Today chicken breast, jersey royals ( yum ) and salad
Tuesday homemade lasagne made with lean beef mince
Wednesday lamb steaks, potatoes and veg
Thursday roast chicken dinner
Friday beef stir fry and noodles
Saturday ... Working late will be something quick
Sunday chilli and jacket spuds and salad
Although when I do a chilli I tend to make it with quote mince just cos I think it soaks up the spices better 😀
I love my veggies and potatoes, pasta etc but I couldn't go without meat.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread