Old 27 Jan 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I must admit I find buffets overwhelming and never seem to be able to choose what to eat so I don’t eat much either.

I think Soarin could be a good ride, it does need to be updated (although it hasn’t long been updated I know) it needs more special effects or something to bring it up to the standard of similar rides
Maybe one day they will get around to sorting it out. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
Your food photos are amazing. Mine always just end up looking like slop! Akershus breakfast does look lovely. Its something I would love to try as the dinner was such a pleasent suprise!
I always think our food photos look poor! How funny...I'm glad you're impressed. We've had the dinner at Akershus and liked the smorgasbord buffet. But I do think the breakfast was better, we really enjoyed it last summer. I can't say how much I liked their breakfast potatoes, yummy!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely day
Old 28 Jan 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Another lovely day
This was the calm before the storm of the 4 parks, it was a lovely day just a bit slower than usual for us.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I love Kate's Frozen themed outfit for your Frozen filled morning.

The interaction with Anna and Elsa sounds great. I've never met a 'face' character but they seem like a good pair as they appear to be very chatty.

Your breakfast at Akershus sounds good, but I can't believe they brought you 2 more big plates of everything rather than just the sausages you asked for. Looks yummy though, particularly the cheesy potatoes and Kate's smoked salmon bagels.

We haven't tried Mission:Space Green Mission but might give it a go next time. We braved Orange so Green will be fine, and I like the idea of flying round Earth.

Great idea to have a cocktail as your meal drink then use a snack credit for a soft drink. I will have to remember that!

A shame about Soarin'. Completely by accident we got the middle row in the middle of the theatre on our first ride. I simply asked the attendant if we could ride the top as I had heard dangling feet could be distracting (they didn't bother me when we actually rode) and she sent us to the next door along, which was for the middle. Win. I think I'll have to try the same next time now!

I wonder if maybe you didn't love the resort as much as Caribbean Beach because it's a bit more restrained with decor? I always think CBR just LOOKS like holidays because of all the tropical theming. Could just be me though!

Looking forward to the 4 park challenge!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
I love Kate's Frozen themed outfit for your Frozen filled morning.

The interaction with Anna and Elsa sounds great. I've never met a 'face' character but they seem like a good pair as they appear to be very chatty.

Your breakfast at Akershus sounds good, but I can't believe they brought you 2 more big plates of everything rather than just the sausages you asked for. Looks yummy though, particularly the cheesy potatoes and Kate's smoked salmon bagels.

We haven't tried Mission:Space Green Mission but might give it a go next time. We braved Orange so Green will be fine, and I like the idea of flying round Earth.

Great idea to have a cocktail as your meal drink then use a snack credit for a soft drink. I will have to remember that!

A shame about Soarin'. Completely by accident we got the middle row in the middle of the theatre on our first ride. I simply asked the attendant if we could ride the top as I had heard dangling feet could be distracting (they didn't bother me when we actually rode) and she sent us to the next door along, which was for the middle. Win. I think I'll have to try the same next time now!

I wonder if maybe you didn't love the resort as much as Caribbean Beach because it's a bit more restrained with decor? I always think CBR just LOOKS like holidays because of all the tropical theming. Could just be me though!

Looking forward to the 4 park challenge!
She planned all the outfits months in advance. I don't know where she gets the love of planning from it's certainly not me

The Anna and Elsa meet was fun, I got Kate to tell me what they'd had said while we were waiting to go into breakfast so it was fresh in her mind. I was so pleased i did it as I'd forgotten the conversation by the time I was writing the day up. It was great to be reminded of it.

I really did love those cheesy potatoes but we didn't need two plates of it. Especially as the kids didn't touch it.

It was good to get a different story on the green mission, we all love pushing the buttons at the right time.

Lucky you on Soarin I'm going to ask if we can wait for B1 next time.

Not falling for the resort is a bit weird really. We couldn't fault it, it was just that we didn't love it. I really want to go back to CBR when all the construction is done and see what it's like now. I hope it's still beautiful.

Old 29 Jan 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ooh I'm so pleased Kate wore the bow it looks fab, the Anna one was my favourite!
That buffet looks so so good. Kate's autograph book must be really filling up by now
Isn't MouseGear the best shop! I love that keyring.
A lovely photo of the 4 of you in Italy too. Ooh Karamell Kuche, if I could I would have one of everything in there . Caramel is just my weakness!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh I'm so pleased Kate wore the bow it looks fab, the Anna one was my favourite!
That buffet looks so so good. Kate's autograph book must be really filling up by now
Isn't MouseGear the best shop! I love that keyring.
A lovely photo of the 4 of you in Italy too. Ooh Karamell Kuche, if I could I would have one of everything in there . Caramel is just my weakness!
We are looking after those bows, she loves them so thanks so much for giving them to her.

The autographs was perhaps more of a challenge for me in the end. I'm such a completist, I really wanted to fill it up! We still had a few characters left we hadn't met, Lilo and Stitch were on the list for our next TL visit...

I'm with you all the way wanting to max out at Karamel Kuche, I can't believe we hadn't got around to going here until last summer, what on earth were we thinking?

Old 3 Feb 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It must have been nice to have a bit of a lay in. Our problem is that once we start sleeping a bit later we struggle to get up early again for the rest of the trip. We also feel like we always rush the world showcase. I'm determined that on our next trip we are going to spend more time there. Those snacks from Karamel Kuche look fantastic.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It must have been nice to have a bit of a lay in. Our problem is that once we start sleeping a bit later we struggle to get up early again for the rest of the trip. We also feel like we always rush the world showcase. I'm determined that on our next trip we are going to spend more time there. Those snacks from Karamel Kuche look fantastic.
There was only 1 more early start to come on the 4 parks day, I know what you mean about the 2nd half of the holiday.

I could really eat one of the tasty treats from Karamel Kuche right now!

Old 10 Feb 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Love the pictures from the Anna and Elsa meet and greet and Baymax too. Only recently watched Big Hero 6 and absolutely loved it, Baymax is fab!

I'm totally with you on early mornings in the parks. I see it as an opportunity to do rides and get them ticked off

That said I really liked the look of the princess character breakfast - definitely something my 3 daughters would love!

Great thinking with the cocktail/fizzy drink snack credit thing! I guess getting creative helps
All the stuff in Karamel Kuche looks absolutely amazing, right up my sweet-toothed street!

Looked like a fab day in Epcot...now onto the 4 park challenge.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List