Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Aug 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m still with you helen and glad you posted another day! Sounds fairly relaxed one for universal, the crowds were clearly on your side. Shame about the traffic though.

I like those balls In the glasses it’s the little details!

Totally over the Simpsons ride. It actually makes me feel so ill I won’t ride it any more. Although that’s probably just me getting older!

Hope another day is on its way soon xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a let down Fast and Furious is, I was excited when I heard they were theming a ride to it but they could have done so much more, it doesn’t even really make any sense.

I knew you were going to have the cheese curds; they look like the food of dreams, I have genuinely considered going to Universal purely just for those.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

So happy you’re back!

Haha we have a holiday morning routine too

Totally agree about F&F, it’s pretty terrible!

Sounds like a good lunch! Love they glasses! Chris would definitely have been buying a few of those!

Laughing at the Hollywood photo of you! Boys suck at photography 😂

I feel the same about the Simpson’s ride! We haven’t rode it for years because of all the reasons you gave. It’s screaming for a re-furb.

Hahaha national lampoons is too funny. We started watching it with Jake last year only to discover (to our horror), that it’s not quite as family friendly as the Christmas one! Hahahahaha!

Great day, you got loads done and at a nice pace! So excited for your birthday report! CHOP CHOP 😆 xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A pretty packed day with no Express Pass required!

Oh dear, so F&F is neither Fast or Furious. We're going to have to ride this, I'm thinking it must be like Kong but with cars instead of jungle creatures? Annoying ride vehicle too as if you're sat in the middle you don't see much.

I was so worried about fitting on rides at Universal, good to know the staff looking after your travel companion were keen to get him to ride, even if it meant it took a while and Andy thought he'd lost you.

Will have to remember the 2 shows at Universal, I like animals and a sit down so a few boxes ticked there.

Ooooooh, cheese curds and tots for the win. Yum! NBC Grill is firmly on the list.

I do not blame you for avoiding Rip Ride Rockit. I intend to do the same.

I feel like if you're going to just stand on the moving walkway, at least stand to one side so people can power walk past you?

Well done on snagging an Uber and beating the surge charge, shame about the traffic getting back to the Beach Club though, an hour for that short journey!

Thanks for writing, am very impressed at your memory!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Love NBC Grill, haven't been for a couple of years but looking forward to going again in October. I know what you mean about the size of the place, I also remember the house Pale Ale was pretty great. Had steak last time but definitely getting one of those burgers next visit.
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaston77
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I do enjoy reading your trip reports! Your humour and attention to detail make for great reading. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Gaston77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Hurrah to you being back! (Although you know that we are going to be pestering you now you have admitted to having a few days in the bank... #chopchop

Love A's t-shirt for today (I have something very similar for our trip to Universal)... and also totally loving the DIY flamingo vest too!

Haha I think the lack of queue for F&F probably says it all... I have heard absolutely nothing positive about this ride, but given it's new to us we will of course be riding, just so we know first hand just how terrible it is!

Hmmm I am intrigued by this coffee/mint combo, sounds like something I would like... tell me it was good!

Ah man, I hadn't worked NBC Grill into our plans for this trip but reading this has reminded me of the lovely meal we had there on our last trip... I may have re-visit the intinierary! That burger looked epic...

So great how quiet Universal was for you today, saved you a fair few dollars not needing Express Passes. Oh and for sure we will get you on RRR at some point! We managed to convince you on ToT and look how much you love that now!

I am totally with you on Simpsons too, it's one of the few rides I avoid at Universal as it leaves me feeling sick for hours after, it's just not worth the nausea!

Such a fab day, the perfect way to see out your 30s for sure. I can't wait for the 40th birthday bonanza that's coming up!

Edited at 09:44 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

great day love love love NBC- the Pretzel app is amazing it's so big it looks like a steering wheel may need to try the cheese curds next time to soak up all their delicious cocktails!

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
I’m still with you helen and glad you posted another day! Sounds fairly relaxed one for universal, the crowds were clearly on your side. Shame about the traffic though.

I like those balls In the glasses it’s the little details!

Totally over the Simpsons ride. It actually makes me feel so ill I won’t ride it any more. Although that’s probably just me getting older!

Hope another day is on its way soon xx
Hello! Thanks for commenting. I’m glad it’s not just me about the Simpson’s ride. Hoping it’s not an age thing!

Next day will be along very soon!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a let down Fast and Furious is, I was excited when I heard they were theming a ride to it but they could have done so much more, it doesn’t even really make any sense.

I knew you were going to have the cheese curds; they look like the food of dreams, I have genuinely considered going to Universal purely just for those.
I haven’t even seen any of the F&F movies and I have to say, the ride wasn’t the best advert for them!

I think a trip to Universal to eat deep fried cheese sounds like my dream day out, tbh!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List