Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Luggage recommendations.

Looking to purchase some new luggage for next year's visit not sure weather to go for hard or soft shell, we don't want to spend a fortune. Any help would be gratefully received.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
Mobile

I really like the Tripp suitcases and they are usually on offer!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I second Tripp cases and Debenhams often have them on offer.

Tripp cases are the official travel case of the Dibb 😉
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
We also have a set each of the Tripp cases. We all have our own colour. Still look good after a few uses and we love the bright colours.
We have bought a few from Debenhams ( always on offer) and some from the Cheshire Oaks outlet.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

My daughter has Tripp luggage and I have S’cure Samsonite. Here is my take on it. My luggage was a lot more expensive than my daughters. Hers did one trip and got bashed about (as they do) and massively dented. Still works but looks a mess. I’ve now used my S’cure for 4 USA and 1 Europe trip and it is like new. I am not one at all for buying stuff because of a name or because it’s expensive but on this occasion I do believe I got what I paid for. On another level we’ve also used those soft super light cases. They are good because well, they are super light. They lasted 3 trips before I wouldn’t have trusted them long haul again. Edited to add they were cheap.

Edited at 09:00 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

As scoobydooby has put their point forward I do have to agree it really is “ you get what you pay for “
We have a smasonite Aeris spinner each one is 9 years old and has been everywhere , yes it’s scratched and has a few nicks and cuts but it’s a star suitcase it has no zips to break , keeps fragile stuff safe and is showerproof.
We have gone through so many other cases over the years I wish we had just spent out and got these in the first place .
That saying we have Tripp cases for cabin use only but the handle is already getting dodgy on my two year old one .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
martha
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I recently bought IT cases from Primark for our Japan trip. I wanted a light weight case as we we’re travelling around by train and these were ideal. Would recommend. Cost £40 for medium size.
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got a soft sided Tripp suitcase and matching cabin bag and both have lasted several trips (sorry !) almost unmarked. From Debenhams where they usually have special offers and are reasonably priced.

I also have a cheap hard shell case from T J Maxx, bought in Florida to bring home my excess shopping ! That too has survived several flights.

What I’m saying is, you can get good quality long lasting cases without spending a fortune.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I tend to pick mine up in tkmaxx so tend to have a mix of what I fancy and want is available.

The only times I have specifically gone out to buy something was a) a rock Madison BA second hand luggage bag. (Perfect so I bought another one) and.b) an ultralight 60l cabin max for easyJet/BA.

Otherwise use what we have. We have Calvin Klein, aerolite, Samsonite, borders. All hard case 4 wheel spinners with integral zip/combi locks with TSA slots. So not name, more style I go for. All on offer at TKMaxx.

Find sets unhelpful as normally only ever travel with medium cases (hold) or hand luggage only.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for Tripp. I accept that they’re going to get knocked about and scuffed but that’s the nature of airport baggage. They’ve worked for us without fail and I don’t believe you can expect more than that.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List