Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
So sorry for your loss. I agree Disney food really has gone downhill we ate at skippers ohanas and Teppan Edo last trip usually favourites for us ...was AWFUl! Next trip we are at CBR so stuck with quick service meal plan as the meals were much better
I really doubt the Chefs are to blame for smaller menus and below average food. The issue lies with the senior Managers who are pressing for cost cutting constantly and the easy option is to raise prices, reduce monies spent on buying in food and ditch those dishes that are expensive to make.

Jiko's is a glaring example. One of the best Signatures on property and now only serves 4 entrees.

4 Entrees! What type of establishment does that!

We were nattering to a Chef one evening and she advised us it takes up to a year for a Chefs recommendation for a change or a new dish to be declined or approved. That decision should be turned around in less than a week.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Sorry you had to cut short your holiday Tom, round here the waiting list for a funeral is very long, plus you can choose your own date once you are in the window if you see what I mean.
It's lucky you weren't delayed!
Hope it went well anyway and everyone is OK. At least you don't have long to wait for the next trip.

Edited at 07:58 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Sorry for your loss and the sad end to your trip. I hope the next one is much more relaxing and leaves a smile on your face.

Shame about the food... we currently have the QSDP for our next trip and I am unsure whether to upgrade or not, I do keep hearing bad stories about the food. I have plenty of time to decide though as we do not go until the end of April so I guess I shall keep reading dining reports until then!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Thanks for your thoughts again Tom. I do look forward to these. Unfortunately not quite the trip you had planned but I hope both you and your wife are okay.

It’s a shame about the food, I have noticed a difference in how small the menus are becoming, luckily for us we book in free dining so we at least don’t feel like we’re paying for it.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for your thoughts. I hope you and your family are ok.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So sorry for your loss x
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Sorry for your loss and that you had to cut short your holiday in difficult circumstances.

I agree that with a few onsite restaurants have gone downhill. We've enjoyed our meals at California Grill, Ale and Compass, The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Sanaa.
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was so sorry to hear of your sad news, my thoughts are with you and all the family at this difficult time. Take care, regards stanleycamel.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were sorry to hear your sad news Tom.
Agree whole heartedly 're Disney food. Also the apparent "entitlement" of the teams in the so called signature restraunts these days.
Give me a break. You're not the Ritz!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Blimey as if it wasn’t bad enough getting the sad news, you had to endure the rest of the crap to go with it.

The scary thing about getting older is that we lose those we love who were there before us. We have to learn how to live without them, it’s tough, but we get through it.

I hope the family is able to settle back into some sort of reality, I wish the family all the best.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List