Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

La croix du vieux pont anyone ?

Hi there
We have three nights here after 4 at DLP
Has anyone been before ? Any suggestions of things to do / places to go in the area ?
Will definitely need some chill time on the park but thinking maybe a couple of half day trips out
Currently thinking Chateua de Pierrfonds and the Canopee- a go-ape type centre nearby
Has anybody been to either ? Your thoughts on them or anything else you would recommend in the area would be great
thanks in advance
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve been 3 times and really enjoyed it. The kids loved the pool.
We stayed in the log cabins and they are great. We did the castle nearby, horse riding across from the park, spend some times in the small local towns and went into Paris.
On site they have a lot of activities like archery, rock climbing, abseiling, zip wire which were all reasonably priced.

Edit: take a sat nav as it’s in the middle of nowhere!
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

Chateau de Pierrefonds is fairly close . It was Camelot in the TV programme Merlin. Well worth a visit very beautiful .
Edit to say that I missed the bit in your post where you already mentioned Pierrefonds, sorry

Edited at 11:27 PM.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Oh yes, we loved the Chateau de Pierrefonds, and the little village below it. My girls also enjoyed visiting the bat cave that’s somewhere nearby (I stayed in the car ) We visited Paris from there too - drove to a hotel that offered car parking on the outskirts, then took the metro into the centre.

There were lots of activities to keep us busy on the site too - we stayed 11 nights after 4 nights in DLP (it only cost £300 for a tent pitch, and it made our Paris trip a full fortnight holiday.) We enjoyed the beach, the pool, and the payable activities, eg the bungee trampolines, go-karts, kayaks, as well as those mentioned above, etc. There was a playground adjoining our pitch, so the girls were straight over there climbing trees and playing every day. It was a lovely holiday.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

We are doing 4 nights there before disney this year.
We stayed at Alicourts before our last dlp trip and loved and actually had it booked for this year. Our children came upon LCDVP and loved the look of all the onsite activities so we canceled and rebooked.

We hope to visit Chateua de Pierrfonds aswell. My husband wants to take the kids to see the nearby war caves and I fancy a trip to Soissions market.

Edited at 07:32 AM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We have also stayed in a mobile home at this site and it was really enjoyable. Lots of activities and really clean and well landscape (which appeals to me! )
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Really good to see positive feedback . I am a little concerned about Eurocamp reviews on the site but hopefully just moaning Minnies
Any more ideas of things to do nearby ?
( off to google the war caves )
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think the caves are called vic sur aisne war caves.
They look abandoned, not like a proper tourist place but lots of oeople visit them. I think they are only a 10 minuite walk from the site.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List