Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jul 10, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I've woken up this morning and feel exhausted... I have managed to pull myself through half hour on Wii Fit this morning but the day ahead seems so long and far away!

I went to water aerobics last night which was fantastic and tonight I'm heading straight from work to the gym before going to the in-laws to be to watch the final Harry Potter blu ray to complete our watching before they go to the WWHP in September.

Have a great day, my rice crispies are calling me...

Sarah xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Good morning everyone!
What are you like Natsynoo?! Lol. You don't need my approval you're doing a fine job all by yourself. Lol. Will always be here for a kick up the ass when needed though!
It's stupid o clock now and I've been up since 4.30. Weighed myself this morning stupidly, not sure why, was just passing scales and thought hmmmm... And I lost a kilo since Monday? ! What?! Gotta be a crank reading! Nice start to the day though. Lol.
I forgot to say yesterday, am out for a meal Sat night! Eek! But am out with my brother and bridesmaid, bridesmaid is low carbing so I reckon we have some influence over the boys as to where we eat. I'm thinking pub grub or similar or even somewhere smart but does meat and veg?
Did Davina pump and cardio box last night. Today's plan is for Claire and Jillian in full in a bit. Might get a few ZZZZs in before I start that tho.
You guys are my gurus! If I get your approval I must be doing something right
My legs HURT today! But I'll be back on it tonight for as long as I can take it!
Feeling slim again...whoop! Really hoping I'm doing a good job so far this week!

Well done Kel & Disneydreamer on your exercises! It's so tough when you're tired!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Morning all

Well I went to my Jazzercise last night which was great fun as usual. I upped my calories a bit yesterday as figured I would need them for the high intensity workout so before my workut I had two Sweet Onion Ryvitas with Philadelphia, when I got home I had a Rooster Baked Potato with Light Philadelphia, and my light choices crisps. Even with that I only came in at 991 calories but my food diary seems to be happier with that amount as it stated if I every day was like that I would be 147.5lbs in 5 weeks. On the lower amount it said 150lbs in 5 weeks, so it goes to show that the intake does maybe need to be a bit higher for me, I did find that anyway on the Jenny Craig. Funnily enough 147lbs would be under my goal, would be fantastic if I could do that in 5 weeks!

I also found out about a military workout class on a Thursday, done outside regardless of weather with an ex army dude, it's pretty much like an assault course. I SO want to go to it but I just need to find out the time as I work late on a Thursday. It would be awesome!

Kel - I use 1kg weights now with Jillian and Davina, I do however use 2kg weights if I decide to do some reps on their own. I had hoped to up the weights during the workouts but I think as I am doing workouts every day now I don't want to end up really muscly. When I flex my arms now I actually have a bulging muscle on each arm LOL, Steven says I need to keep the weights down or I will end up looking like a bodybuilder I admit I do gain muscle very quickly and I am pretty strong so I can lift a lot and not realise. Sticking to the 1kg weights is probably fine enough as I am only looking to tone.
I hear you on the cakes thing, my work (A GP Practice) is the worst place to work. If someone goes on holidays they bring in cakes, birthday they bring in cakes and christmas time is just an endless supply of sweet treats. I have been amazingly good and avoid everything, everyone is so impressed that I have that willpower now. I totally understand how embarrassed you must have felt, especially her pulling up your shirt ( I would have been mortified). I get that too at work, people are always commenting on my weight now and asking what my running total is. I don't mind it at all though as at least it is complimentary now Mind you it does make me realise how big I was, my boss said my shirt used to be really tight on my chest and stomach (nice one!)

NatsyNoo - You are definitely doing well and I can't wait to see you in the 13's which I am sure you will get next weigh in. Just keep up the exercise, even if it feels you can't or don't want to do it. You need to see it as a habit now and push through it. If you are feeling very tired or sore with Claire, as Kel says it would be a good idea to vary your workout so you are not concentrating so much on your legs, Davina does have some very good upper body workouts and are lower impact. At this moment in time you are looking for an all over workout so as long as you are doing some form of exercise you will be fine.
Also keep an eye on the types of food you are eating and try and stay away from a large amount of starchy foods (potatoes, pasta and rice) frequently. So far so good though and your diet and exercise regime sound good!

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yawn, I nodded off and have just woke up.
Look at you lot of exercise queens, it's very impressive we are racking up a fair amount if calorie burn between us.
Summer, that army workout sounds like a killer, that's brilliant! Bet it's tough though, let me know how u get on with it if u decide to go. I don't think u need to worry about getting bulging muscles, speak to some body builders who lift twenty times that amount and they'll tell you it's nigh on impossible to get bulging muscles without huge amounts of protien and workouts, I said this to Alex once myself and he said that back to me and to be fair he used to body build so I thought, well ok then but I was like u and could feel muscles! But then when u think about it it makes sense, us lifting 2kg and 3kg weights don't compare, besides mine aren't bulging! But you do what's best for you. You know u said about jour food diary and loss, how do you work that out? How do u know what you are naturally burning? I've always wanted to try and work hat out but have never managed to so any help you could give would be great. Right off for a coffee now to wake up.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Kel it isn't me that is working it out, it is that fitnesspal.com I am only using it as a guide as I know everyone is different metabolism etc. The problem with the muscle in my arms is that it is obvious, if I do put up both my arms my muscles are very visible, I would say about 2 inches from the rest of my arm! Don't really want that to get much bigger, they are bigger than Jillians!

The fitness pal tells you at the end of every day if you eat like that then you should lose a certain amount in 5 weeks. I know I am not by any means 'normal' so I am not taking it to mean a lot, but it does guide me in the right direction. If I can burn approximately 400 calories per day plus reduce my intake, I will surely lose weight.

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Ah I see, I'll have another look at that website later again then, I only looked at the excercise bit. The thing I struggle with to work out for myself is this (bear with me I'm a bit sleepy):

Say I eat 1000 cals a day, thats 7000 a week.
then say I want to burn 3lbs a week, thats 10500, so in total over the week to burn 3lbs I would need to be burning 17500 cals.
That would be a daily rate calorie burn of 2500 for me to lose 3lb.

So if I exercise an hour a day and I burn say 500 cals, then does my body naturally burn the remaining 2000 cals a day when I drive to work and sit at a desk all day? I know I do burn calories naturally and like you say our induvidual metabolisms are all different and burn at different rates but I wondered if you knew or knew a site where you can workout even roughly how many cals your body naturally burns according to your daily activities?

Obviously I know this is not accurate as it doesn't account for how much of our body weight is muscle, how much is water and how much is actual fat but if I could work out my natural burn, even roughly, then I could roughly work out the rest.

Am I making sense? I feel like I'm tieing myself up in mathematical knots!
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Kel, this site does a rough guide as to what your BMR is

bmi-calculator/bmr-calculator/
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 10, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

caloriecount.about/cc/calories-burned.php

Kel there is a link to a basal calorie burn site, seems alright and gives you an idea of how much you would burn daily. Will come back to read your answer but just wanted to post the site I came across.

Old 7 Jul 10, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Kim that is a good link for an idea of what we would burn on a daily basis. I input my details and it say I would burn 1515.5 per day without exercise. Now I am currently eating at the level of 800-1000 (average 900) calories per day leaving about 600 calories less per day than I am allowed. Exercise wise I am burning about 400 calories per day so in total I have an excess of 1000 calories per day give or take and on average as my intake is usually less about 900. Over the week that comes to 7000 calories left. If 1 pound is equivalent to 3500 calories then I am definitely doing enough to burn 2lbs of weight per week. However this is just a guide and as we all know we sometimes get good weeks and lose a lot more ( I lost 6 pounds on the first week of Jenny Craig and I certainly didn't burn that much) Does this make sense?

Old 7 Jul 10, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thanks for that Kim and Summer! They are good ones!

Reckons I'd burn 1400 if I stayed in bed all day on the first and 1500 on the 2nd. I wish! I think its best to work out exercise burn seperatley so I did both based on very low activity.

So in theory;

I need to burn 2500 a day to lose 3lb a week (I know I should but you know bear with me!)
Yesterday I ate 800 so lets take the lower figure of 1400 so that leaves 600 to burn through exercise. I did 2 Davinas which burnt roughly 300 so I needed to burn another 300 to get me to my goal.

Looking at that and knowing most weeks I lose between 1lb and 3lb then doing an hour a day and 2 on days off is whats making me lose the weight. Also I reckon my daily burn is higher than that as I rounded down and up not in my favour.

Very very interesting... I like being able to work things out like that, albeit roughly its very interesting to to see. Thanks girls.

If you don't mind me asking - how old are you all? I think my ages lets me down a bit!
Closed Thread