Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 10, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Disneybride - Well done on your weight loss that's great! You must feel so good! Almost half a stone Goes to show that you can allow for a few bad days and still lose a good amount. Are you doing any particular exercise?

babycanaansmum - A lot of us on here are looking to be near the 10 stone mark so you are not alone. You have done well to get down from 15 stone though As for OH being a bit difficult, my OH isn't dieting at the moment although he does eat what I cook for dinner so it is low carb. He is actually quite supportive as although he loves me regardless, when we got together I was very slim so I am sure he prefers me to be slimmer. The only problem is he tends to snack at night, toast, ice cream, chocolate, pancakes, you name it:angry:and I find this difficult as I am normally hungry in the evening so it is very tempting to just have a bit. I am amazed at my determination lately and I think that is all you have to be, determined. It's not worth it really. You are doing this for you, your baby, and your hubby. Maybe you could try making some low fat/low carb options of take outs. Does he eat what you cook or do you cook him seperate foods or does he cook for himself?
Anyway, you alaways have us supporting you so keep going you are doing really well!

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 10, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by babycanaansmum View Post
Wow! this thread is great - the before and after pictures are unbelievable and everyones stories are very inspiring. I feel really motivated now. I am 12 st 1lb now and 5ft 6 - I went from just over 9stone to 15stone 7lb after having my son and steadily have gone down but have been stuck at this size 14 for a while now. If anyone wants to add me on Facebook you can see the difference (not v good at putting pictures on the computer!).

I am really going for my goal weight now and would love to get to around 10 stone. Does anyone find their partner unhelpful with their diet? My OH is awful says he likes me like this and goes on and off dieting himself every other day! I find it so annoying when he just jacks it in an starts pigging out. Also he says oh lets go to the chippy or get a film and some snacks!

My progress this week is that I have joined the leisure centre and went swimming today and booked in for tomorrow. My son loved the creche there and its all included for £18 a month, I wish I had known sooner. I find that exercise is a great motivator for dieting and getting out and starting is the hardest part!

Fingers crossed for more weight losses - every little helps! I am weighing in Fri. Goodluck to everyone keep it going
Well done for joining the leisure centre! I keep saying I'm going to get OH to set me up on the Wii to do some exercise; as I'm too self conscious to exercise in public. Must get OH to do that at the weekend! Does anyone else use the Wii for exercise and what do you use on it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 10, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have a Wii Fit and you don't really realise you're exercising, particularly with hula hoop, it's more like a game you get puffed out on! Thing is, while we have a Wii and loads of games, we never think to play it, we're always watching TV as there's always something we want to watch. I really must play on it sometimes though!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 10, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

I don't have a Wii (have an XBox 360) and I wish they would take some games out for exercise like they have for the Wii.

Does anyone have any great DVD recommendations for exercise? The last one I bought was Pump it Up Extreme which is really good but I wouldn't mind some variation as I get bored easily. Last night though I was sweating so much, it must be working!

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 10, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
I have a Wii Fit and you don't really realise you're exercising, particularly with hula hoop, it's more like a game you get puffed out on! Thing is, while we have a Wii and loads of games, we never think to play it, we're always watching TV as there's always something we want to watch. I really must play on it sometimes though!
I know what you mean - OH bought the Wii and loves the Guitar Hero on it but we live in a very small flat and it is such a nightmare getting it all out or there is always something we want to watch on the TV; that it's rarely used nowadays.

Was thinking of getting the "Let's Dance" game as years' ago I always use to enjoy aerobics; and thought if I got into the music I would forget that I was exercising and really enjoy it!
Old 21 Apr 10, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin View Post
Disneybride - Well done on your weight loss that's great! You must feel so good! Almost half a stone Goes to show that you can allow for a few bad days and still lose a good amount. Are you doing any particular exercise?

babycanaansmum - A lot of us on here are looking to be near the 10 stone mark so you are not alone. You have done well to get down from 15 stone though As for OH being a bit difficult, my OH isn't dieting at the moment although he does eat what I cook for dinner so it is low carb. He is actually quite supportive as although he loves me regardless, when we got together I was very slim so I am sure he prefers me to be slimmer. The only problem is he tends to snack at night, toast, ice cream, chocolate, pancakes, you name it:angry:and I find this difficult as I am normally hungry in the evening so it is very tempting to just have a bit. I am amazed at my determination lately and I think that is all you have to be, determined. It's not worth it really. You are doing this for you, your baby, and your hubby. Maybe you could try making some low fat/low carb options of take outs. Does he eat what you cook or do you cook him seperate foods or does he cook for himself?
Anyway, you alaways have us supporting you so keep going you are doing really well!
Summer - my OH is underweight so he is always snacking in the evening and I eat a chocolate scan bran cake which feels like you are eating something you shouldn't. You can also freeze it down for when you haven't got time and it is only 7 minutes in the microwave! If you want I could message you the receipe if it fits in with the diet you are doing?
Old 21 Apr 10, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
Summer - my OH is underweight so he is always snacking in the evening and I eat a chocolate scan bran cake which feels like you are eating something you shouldn't. You can also freeze it down for when you haven't got time and it is only 7 minutes in the microwave! If you want I could message you the receipe if it fits in with the diet you are doing?
I am staying away from anything even remotely tasty sounding just now. To be honest I am more likely to be able to have cheesecake (sweetened with Spenda of course). After my appointment I intend to have a slice, I am just going to defrost two slices (one for DH and I) so I don't over indulge. At the moment everything tastes like I shouldn't be eating it!

Old 21 Apr 10, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
babycanaansmum
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Summer-Caitlin Thanks for the advice. I am lucky with the OH at meal times because he does eat healthy food that I make - I never make anything unhealthy at meal times so he is great on that count. He does like to eat all the time though. We have a meal and then an hour later he wants something else, then snacks all the time! He works nights and its easy when he is in work cause he is not tempting me. I try and buy 'mine' and 'his' snacks so Skinny Cow ice cream for me and Cornetto for him so I can have an alternative, this works quite well! Although he does sometimes eat all my stuff too!Thankgoodness we dont have many takeaways, i hate pizza, indian, chinese, never eaten a kebab! He can have all of those and it doesnt tempt me. I am tempted by the chippie and have just been saying no to it lately, and not even having 1!

I would recomend the 'Jordan Workout' DVD - I know people find her annoying but its the instructor who does most of the talking. I find it quick and fairly easy to do - but you can feel it working! Its the only one I could do every day without moaning about it. Good luck with that

Thanks aliscrapper I am off swimming this afternoon on my own as my friend cant make it. I am a bit nervous but have got my son booked in the creche so that makes me go and I will enjoy it when I get there. My MIL has recently lost a fair bit of weight by doing Wii fit (and she is about size 22) and walking the dog. I am not sure what she uses on there I will find out. Its definately worth a go because she is the last person I would expect to exercise and she really enjoys it. Good luck
Old 21 Apr 10, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

oh dear i'm having a hungry day!So far i've had my cereal, two packets of monster munch, cereal bar and a cheese and ham toastie so have used 9 points already. At my work now and have made sure i have no money with me so i cant buy anything and can only eat what i have with me. So should have 4 points left when i get home at 8:30pm tonihgt, its not going to be an easy day!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 10, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kaboomba View Post
oh dear i'm having a hungry day!So far i've had my cereal, two packets of monster munch, cereal bar and a cheese and ham toastie so have used 9 points already. At my work now and have made sure i have no money with me so i cant buy anything and can only eat what i have with me. So should have 4 points left when i get home at 8:30pm tonihgt, its not going to be an easy day!
Oh Kim, is 4 points enough to keep you going in the evening? That doesn't sound like a lot. Try drinking a lot of water and see if that helps to fill you up. How many points is Monster Munch?

Closed Thread