Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 5 Aug 11, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A lack of decent size photos really puts me off - especially when they only show one angle of the pool as that makes me think they are hiding something.

Not clearly advertising their rates, including any extras for pool heating or using the safe.
If it isn't on your website, I am unlikely to bother asking as it won't make it to the short list.

Overly themed rooms - my boys really don't want a princess bedroom, actually they don't even want a Mickey bedroom!

I love to see lots of photos from every angle - panoramic shots are especially helpful.
I also really like to see a plan of the villa. It makes a huge difference when I am working out if the villa will work for us.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 11, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I instantly stop looking if it says 'enquire for prices' as i like to price it up whilst it's fresh in my mind. I like the ones with availability calendars too.
Old 5 Aug 11, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Have only ever stayed in villas so praps am biased. The last villa we stayed in was Dreamycorner and we all agreed it was the best one. The pictures on the site are accurate and good, the availabilty calenders easy to understand, the prices in english and the owners friendly, approachable and contactable by phone. The best thing is its a DIBB villa
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 11, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

I also prefer it if the owners have their own website with detailed photos on. I also won't really consider if the furniture is old fashioned and I'm not keen on carpet in the front room.

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 11, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ours are

Where you have to email to request a quote because they don't publish their rates.
When it offers wi-fi and when looking further you find it's in the clubhouse and not actually in the villa.
Uncomfortable looking pool furniture.
Over the bath shower with shower curtain in the master rather than a nice walk in shower.
Finally, and even though we've been driving over there countless times, we don't like communities which aren't accessible at a traffic light. Even now we don't like crossing 27, either in or out, across the traffic especially after dark.
Old 5 Aug 11, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tweety-pie View Post
I instantly stop looking if it says 'enquire for prices' as i like to price it up whilst it's fresh in my mind. I like the ones with availability calendars too.
Me too I much prefere getting a price there and then and seeing if the dates I want are there.
Originally Posted by ojoboots View Post
I have discounted villas as I didn't like the furniture or the bedding
I'm the same, at the end of the day when your staying somewhere for a few weeks you want to feel comfortable so I like to have something that fits our taste. But there are so many different styles out there that there really is something for everyone x
Old 5 Aug 11, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I definatley like to see clear pictures of the pool area from every angle... when looking round last year to book villas for our stay I found one (not a Dibb villa I hasten to add!) that only 1 picture of the pool and it was a very weired angle? It had a funny looking roof in the background with a HUGE 10ft white wall around the villa area? I asked for the zip code ( another good tip - usually the owners don't mind giving you it) to look on google maps at the surrounding area. When I zoomed in on the building behind it transpired that it was a gun shop ! I certainly didn't want that right behind me having 3 children going with us (although my boys were quite excited at the thought! ) I like to see lots of pictures of all the villas rooms etc along with floor plan. A 360 degrees virtual tour is also a great idea. Take your time in choosing your villa and make sure all your requirements are met then you will be sure to be happy and have a great time
Old 5 Aug 11, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

the pool photo things are a big thing, i've seen hundreds of villas advertised with bizarre angles on the pool shot, hate that! one i saw was almost taken at floor level, very very strange indeed! lol...

i've been getting lots of quotes for eagle point and have been asking owners for zips etc but they are all the same so it really doesn't help! a few gave me exact adress and the others i figured out from the front of the villa, trees plants etc and the view from the pool.. got them all mapped out on google earth at home lol

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 11, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

ohh and forgot about the whole south facing pool they almost all claim this, its impossible and when you google map it they aren't at all! why bother saying it, very annoying.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 11, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ojoboots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
the pool photo things are a big thing, ool.. got them all mapped out on google earth at home lol
You sound like my husband, he always checks google earth and I bet like us you find some of those 'south' facing pools are not south at all

Villa - Magic Landings 2006
Villa - Highgrove 2007
Villa - Formosa Gardens 2008
Villa - LWP/Windwood Bay 2009
Villa - Calabay Parc 2010
Villa - Highgate Park 2011
Villa - Vista Park 2012
Villa - Ridgewood Lakes 2013

ojoboots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread