Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmab View Post
Wow, thank you, looking at about 150/200 a night, any ideas on la, is Santa Monica nice. Hubby thinks staying there is quite central but we have never been.
I know Santa Monica quite well, I have stayed in this area a few times. Its not really that central. It would be about an hours drive to Hollywood , maybe 70 minutes to Universal Studios.

UK and Irish people really have no comprehension of the distances and the huge scale of the entire LA area. Distances are alot more than they seem on the map and it takes a lot longer to drive to places than you think. As a rough guide, when my friends are driving, we usually allow 1 hour from point A to point B.

Santa Monica would be the typical California beach town we would see on TV. Fun fact, Santa Monica beach was where the original Baywatch was filmed

There is basically 2 parts to the town, the pier with food places, amusements etc and the high street area called 3rd Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place shopping mall.

I have stayed at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, which is about a mile from the main high street area on Santa Monica Boulevard. There is also a Days Inn by Wyndham just up from it. This would be a good area to stay in. Hotel prices in Santa Monica can be steep. Generally the nearer you are to the beach , the more expensive it gets.

If you are looking for somewhere more central it would be the Hollywood area. Lowes Hotel would be the most central as it is located behind The Chinese Theatre and Hollywood and Highland Mall on Hollywood Boulevard.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ok, so here’s my plans any input welcomed, leave Las Vegas then Death Valley 1 or 2 nights, after to anheim 1 or 2 nights then Santa Monica 2 nights then Santa Barbara 1 night before evening flight next day, any thoughts