Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Happy birthday Helen! (9 months later!)

Ah what a blooming amazing day, such an absolute dream to spend your 40th birthday in WDW

The breakfast at CP looked so good, you can probably imagine how excited I am for Pooh's puffed French toast *drooling*... the breakfast lasagna is a firm no from me though! So many great photos with the characters too, you guys are totally experts at character dining now (it makes me sad we never tried it pre-Charlie!)

Bah to MK being so busy but nice they arranged empty toilets for you in mark of your special day. Winning!

I love that Rach mentioned your 16% battery, I thought it would give her the fear as soon as I saw it!

Absolutely loved this, just the perfect birthday. Happy, happy days!

P.S going to have End of the Road in my head all day now!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Glad I’m not the only one who gets a present from the cats.

Eek you are reminding me of the frustrations of Disney transport, it boils my blood that no-one in Disney appears to know how a queue works.

If never gone to Epcot via monorail, it was on my to do list for this year but I think that plan has been discarded somewhere along the way.

I'm really glad you were happy with how you birthday in WDW panned out. I'd love to go for my birthday one day and I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation to do something 'special', but I think your day of nothingness seems lovely.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
We have Crystal Palace booked - looking forward to that french toast 👍
You won't regret it. I'm putting it on my list for next year too!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Happy birthday Helen! (9 months later!)

Ah what a blooming amazing day, such an absolute dream to spend your 40th birthday in WDW

The breakfast at CP looked so good, you can probably imagine how excited I am for Pooh's puffed French toast *drooling*... the breakfast lasagna is a firm no from me though! So many great photos with the characters too, you guys are totally experts at character dining now (it makes me sad we never tried it pre-Charlie!)

Bah to MK being so busy but nice they arranged empty toilets for you in mark of your special day. Winning!

I love that Rach mentioned your 16% battery, I thought it would give her the fear as soon as I saw it!

Absolutely loved this, just the perfect birthday. Happy, happy days!

P.S going to have End of the Road in my head all day now!
Thank you! Happy to have belated birthday wishes!

Honestly, I am so excited to see what you make of CP. I'm sort of wishing we had been brave and gone before. You'll love the buffet. That and the sticky bun (typed "sticky bum" there, hehe) at the Garden Grill and you'll be in heaven.

End of the Road, what a tune
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Glad I’m not the only one who gets a present from the cats.

Eek you are reminding me of the frustrations of Disney transport, it boils my blood that no-one in Disney appears to know how a queue works.

If never gone to Epcot via monorail, it was on my to do list for this year but I think that plan has been discarded somewhere along the way.

I'm really glad you were happy with how you birthday in WDW panned out. I'd love to go for my birthday one day and I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation to do something 'special', but I think your day of nothingness seems lovely.
I know, re the queues. I don't understand how you can just rock up and think you have more of a right to board the bus than people who have been patiently waiting for longer than you.

Thanks - the whole trip was a special birthday celebration, to be honest, so I was just happy to go with the flow. Andy decided I was passing off the CG brunch as my birthday treat - even though we were on the dining plan - so that was that really!
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great birthday!
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rubberduckie89 View Post
Sounds like a great birthday!
Thanks, yes, it was a great way to spend the day.
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Getting to clutch Eeyore's butt on your birthday! All your dreams must have come true. Seems like it was a good decision to park hop over to Epcot, a lovely chilled out evening checking out the food and wine booths.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Getting to clutch Eeyore's butt on your birthday! All your dreams must have come true. Seems like it was a good decision to park hop over to Epcot, a lovely chilled out evening checking out the food and wine booths.
Haha, I never even knew it was a dream of mine until I had achieved it. Happy birthday to me...

It was a great evening actually. Nothing out of the ordinary for a visit to Epcot, perhaps, but we certainly made the most of the drinks on offer.