Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Ogas ... with kids ... what to do!

We have a reservation for ogas cantina on our first planned day in HS

From what I have read it isn’t really suitable for children

Whilst I would like to see it, I want to be able to enjoy the experience with my children ... if this is not going to be a goer then I would rather let the ressie go to folk who will get more out of it

What’s people’s thoughts/ knowledge ?!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Ive been to Ogas Cantina twice in Disneyland. Im around 5 feet depending on the shoes I wear and the standing tables were doable but not comfortable for me. The second time I was at the bar and it was much better.

The drinks are not regular juice or soda
There is no food, just themed bar snacks
Its loud, its crowded, with alot of adults standing around.

DJ REX is cool but where he located, you cant sit on the ground or stand and watch him, as he is in a side wall and servers with trays of drinks walk past him.

If they have the same procedures as Disneyland, the reservation time is when you check in with a CM who has a tablet. You then wait in line, in the sun, for anything up to 20 minutes to reach the host stand. At the host stand you will be put into a group and brought to your assigned area. If you request a booth, you do this at the host stand and you could then have another wait of up to 30 minutes.

You should watch YouTube videos of Ogas Cantina in Disneyland
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Was just about to write a similar thing especially about the noise & a lot if adults standing or walking about trying to take photo's not somewhere I would personally take a child to be honest
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I'm guessing it depends on your kids. I'm going with 2 of mine, who I know will be fine. They love the bubbling cocktails sold in lamplight lounge in calafornia so am sure they'll love the same here. We will go and have the 1 non alcoholic drink each so probably won't be the 45mins in there. You don't need to spend the whole time there to enjoy it all.
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Well I made a reservation but then I’ve realised it’s probably not the best idea with a 6 year old and a 2 year old 🤣🙈
Lyrad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Also wondering same thing! Ours will be 17 months and don’t want it to be stressful in a busy environment with nowhere to sit. Going to wait until it opens and see what people are saying about it before I make final decision.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Ive been to Ogas Cantina twice in Disneyland. Im around 5 feet depending on the shoes I wear and the standing tables were doable but not comfortable for me. The second time I was at the bar and it was much better.

The drinks are not regular juice or soda
There is no food, just themed bar snacks
Its loud, its crowded, with alot of adults standing around.

DJ REX is cool but where he located, you cant sit on the ground or stand and watch him, as he is in a side wall and servers with trays of drinks walk past him.

If they have the same procedures as Disneyland, the reservation time is when you check in with a CM who has a tablet. You then wait in line, in the sun, for anything up to 20 minutes to reach the host stand. At the host stand you will be put into a group and brought to your assigned area. If you request a booth, you do this at the host stand and you could then have another wait of up to 30 minutes.

You should watch YouTube videos of Ogas Cantina in Disneyland
Do you get 45 minutes from when you are seated or get a table? Or is it from when you check in so you might end up with only twenty minutes?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Do you get 45 minutes from when you are seated or get a table? Or is it from when you check in so you might end up with only twenty minutes?
There is a time on your drinks receipt and its 45 minutes from that. The server will come by pretty much as soon as the host assigns you your place.

I was solo both times, so Id say I was there may be 30 minutes each time.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

We are going with our kids but they are 8 & 10 and quite excited by it. They will stand fine for the time we are in there. I’m not sure I’d have gone with them if they were pre school age though
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Our DS is 5 and he is really excited to go. The standing tables are a bit annoying but we will still enjoy it - we will probably take him for a wander while we are waiting and then drink our drinks and go. I don’t anticipate being in there for more than 30 mins but he will still love it I’m sure. We have gone for early lunch time so it isn’t too grown up.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List