Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Aug 19, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

AVIS Miami are terrible, have poor service every year from them, arrived in Miami two days ago, I requested pre paid fuel via email a month ago, when I collected the car I asked if was done ,the "thing" in the kiosk was horrible, no manners at all. Printed out a ticket and said fuel was now pre paid, estimated cost is 55usd, I asked her twice if that's what the extra charges were for. She said yes, now I have £82 coming of my credit card and unsure what it is, seems as if some other charges are added possibly insurance that I have definitely not accepted, have emailed Avis through the app but no response, guess I will have to find out what the charges are etc when I get home, I have no idea, but don't want to keep chasing whilst away, AVIS Miami need watching that's for sure, they are rude and incompetent.
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Mobile

[QUOTE=OLS;14016649]I know it’s easy to say this when you’re sat at home rested, but when you have been up travelling since 5am and it’s now 2am (our time, 9pm Miami time) and you have 2 kids absolutely shattered (no one really got any sleep on the plane) and you are in a sweltering hot sauna garage with no air con and a woman serving who was giving zero information and when you asked (always politely I may add) the only response she could manage was “quickly I hope but I don’t know really ma’am” - it’s not so easy to “chill and have patience”...

Had exactly the same experience, but at least they had a car for us, that same person was awful, no manners, people skills, empathy, they just don't give a damn, They just want to get rid of you and take as much money as possible.
We had been travelling since 4am that morning and two flights to Miami 3 kids in tow. I have the USA app and the UK app and still can't work out what I am paying, it implies extra insurance. I could not find my car, it was not in the designated lane, it was actually right in front of the kiosk, god knows why she could not just tell me that, when I asked, all she did was point at the car, absolutely dreadful. No apologies nothing.
Last year when I returned a car, the guy checking it in was adamant it was not even an Avis car, I was so annoyed as I had to get in a rental line in the airport to check it out... we had a plane to catch.
AVIS Miami stinks, but the BA deals mean I keep using them.
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MOONCHESTER View Post
AVIS Miami are terrible, have poor service every year from them, arrived in Miami two days ago, I requested pre paid fuel via email a month ago, when I collected the car I asked if was done ,the "thing" in the kiosk was horrible, no manners at all. Printed out a ticket and said fuel was now pre paid, estimated cost is 55usd, I asked her twice if that's what the extra charges were for. She said yes, now I have £82 coming of my credit card and unsure what it is, seems as if some other charges are added possibly insurance that I have definitely not accepted, have emailed Avis through the app but no response, guess I will have to find out what the charges are etc when I get home, I have no idea, but don't want to keep chasing whilst away, AVIS Miami need watching that's for sure, they are rude and incompetent.
See my other post, I also have the $82 on my CC as well!
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Mobile

Like you, I guess I will sort it when I get home.