Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Aug 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Arrived last night at MCO and the US Avis app showed our car but we weren’t able to do a swop unless we went to the desk.
Name was on the board and went straight to the car. Happy with the VW Passat and on leaving the garage our balance to pay was $0.02.
This is our fourth booking with Avis and so far all of them have gone smoothly and we haven’t had any problems.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Got back a week ago. First booking with Avis through BA and everything was fine, no problems at all.
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I used Avis in Toronto and in Chicago and had no problems in either. Nothing to pay, not too much of a hard sell when I clearly said no to everything. I am using them again (first time on a BA fly drive) for my Boston trip next month. I am a little worried after everything I have read on here, but I am sure most people have no problems.
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I am another who was worrying but this has made me feel a bit better. We normally go through Alamo and was wishing we had done. I will update tomorrow when we pick up our car
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbf1979
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Got back last week. No issues with AVIS at all
Rbf1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've always used Avis with BA Flydrive and only had issues last year when we prebooked a convertible and they didn't have it available and tried to fob us off with another non-convertible. We had to hang around for about 30 minutes which was annoying but eventually our car was available.

I'm using them again next month, like previous posters have said, you only hear from people who have problems, not people who have an easy stress free experience.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Never had any issues with Avis. Used them at MCO * 6, Miami and San Diego.

Once bad experience does not mean they are terrible.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List