Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Aug 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

BA fly drive - not sure on car

We have a BA flydrive booked that I hoped someone could help with some questions I had.

First one - we are not sure if we actually want the car at all now, does anyone know if it is possible to cancel the car and if there would be a charge to do this?

Secondly, if we do take the car, I have signed up for avis preferred and am a member of the BA executive club (not sure if this is what it is actually called) so we get the second driver free. Do I need to do anything to link them all together?

Thirdly, does anyone know how best to contact BA? I can’t seem to get though - just keep getting told they are busy and to call back later.

Thank you!
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saund123 View Post
We have a BA flydrive booked that I hoped someone could help with some questions I had.

First one - we are not sure if we actually want the car at all now, does anyone know if it is possible to cancel the car and if there would be a charge to do this?

Secondly, if we do take the car, I have signed up for avis preferred and am a member of the BA executive club (not sure if this is what it is actually called) so we get the second driver free. Do I need to do anything to link them all together?

Thirdly, does anyone know how best to contact BA? I can’t seem to get though - just keep getting told they are busy and to call back later.

Thank you!
1. As you've booked a package, if you want to cancel the car you'll likely have to cancel the full booking and re-book your flights. Flydrives are provided by BA holidays which is an offshoot of BA, you may lose any deposit.

2. if you've signed up for avis preferred then you need to tell BA your preferred number and they'll send it to avis to link the bookings. With regards to 2nd driver, you'd give the details at the booth in the garage but if your other driver is your spouse or life partner then you don't need to tell avis as they automatically cover them to drive the car as per their terms. avis/en/customer-ser...a/reservations (Rental policies, terms & conditions section - additional driver)

3. Telephone: 0344 493 0787 option 1 (calls charged at local rate)
Daily 06:00-20:00
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
1. As you've booked a package, if you want to cancel the car you'll likely have to cancel the full booking and re-book your flights. Flydrives are provided by BA holidays which is an offshoot of BA, you may lose any deposit.

2. if you've signed up for avis preferred then you need to tell BA your preferred number and they'll send it to avis to link the bookings. With regards to 2nd driver, you'd give the details at the booth in the garage but if your other driver is your spouse or life partner then you don't need to tell avis as they automatically cover them to drive the car as per their terms. avis/en/customer-ser...a/reservations (Rental policies, terms & conditions section - additional driver)

3. Telephone: 0344 493 0787 option 1 (calls charged at local rate)
Daily 06:00-20:00
Thank you, that’s the number I am trying to call - can’t get through at all. Sounds like though it’s a hassle to not have the car so we’ll keep it. Just need to get through to them now to link the bookings!
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saund123 View Post
Thank you, that’s the number I am trying to call - can’t get through at all. Sounds like though it’s a hassle to not have the car so we’ll keep it. Just need to get through to them now to link the bookings!
Try emailing avis also:

avispreferred-reservations@avis.co.uk
uk.reservations@abg.com

Send them your Avis booking number (on your BA print out) & your preferred number
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I contacted BA on Twitter and they got someone to ring me back, so I didn't need to hang on the phone all the time
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Thank you both, I’ll try that now.
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

You might struggle to reach BA right now given the planned strike in September.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WorldDrive View Post
You might struggle to reach BA right now given the planned strike in September.
Wow, the pilots are going to strike next month but you can't speak to somebody in admin this month?
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Wow, the pilots are going to strike next month but you can't speak to somebody in admin this month?
They announced the strike dates yesterday. Which results in a surge of people calling to make changes. For large parts of yesterday you couldn’t even join the call queue - that’s how busy it was.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve been trying to get through for months and have never been able to join a queue so suspect that’s not new.

I did however get what I needed sorted using the email addresses provided.