Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jul 19, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

What would dibbers do? Royal Pacific

Hi dibbers

We have a 3 week holiday coming up, celebrating my special big birthday, not that we need an excuse to go!

We have already booked Clearwater for 3 nights, then villa for 16 nights, then last 3 nights at doubletree Hilton at universal for HHN.

Just been googling, as you do, and found a great price for royal Pacific on my birthday! This is right in the middle of our 3 night stay tho, but am now pondering whether to book this, but keep the Hilton booking for that night (it was £83 per night there), so that we have two days Express pass (these are £100 pp per day for our dates). There are four us but all adults and need two rooms.

Amoma would charge me £40 amendment fee on both rooms to change the Hilton booking from 3 nights to two and we would need to check out and in again.

Not sure if it’s too much of a faff! Do you think it’s worth it?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Why not just book one room for all 4 of you, check in so you get your express passes but not actually sleep in it (or two of you sleep in it and the other two stay at the Hilton)? Much cheaper to book one room for 4 than 2 rooms, I imagine.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Like Rachel says, book the one room at RPR, and not stay there, or you stay in the room as it’s your birthday and the others stay at the Hilton. They can still get the express passes if they check in with you. I wouldn’t cancel the Hilton as it doesn’t seem worth it, particularly with the amendment fee.
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

RachelE and JOjo, you are both genius’s!

Excellent idea, although I have just changed the room number from 2 to 4 and the rate has increased by £90, but I’ve found I have £60 worth to go towards it from clubcard vouchers on hotel.com, so all in all I think it’s worthwhile, as in reality it is £800 worth of Express passes plus other benefits.

Would be easy enough to keep the room at the Hilton, leave the car there and walk over to city walk early next morning to check in, leave an overnight bag and get early entry to US.

A lovely little birthday present to myself I think!

One more question if anyone knows, can you pool hop to HRH if staying at RPR? We didn’t have time to go in it when we stayed there before, and it just looks nicer than RPR pool.

Thanks guys, knew I could rely on my fellow dibbers!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post

Excellent idea, although I have just changed the room number from 2 to 4 and the rate has increased by £90, but I’ve found I have £60 worth to go towards it from clubcard vouchers on hotel.com, so all in all I think it’s worthwhile, as in reality it is £800 worth of Express passes plus other benefits.

Would be easy enough to keep the room at the Hilton, leave the car there and walk over to city walk early next morning to check in, leave an overnight bag and get early entry to US.

One more question if anyone knows, can you pool hop to HRH if staying at RPR? We didn’t have time to go in it when we stayed there before, and it just looks nicer than RPR pool.

Yes you can pool hop at Universal! Enjoy your birthday treat
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We like a bit of pool hopping, Sapphire Falls is a nice pool too and closer to RPR than HRH is
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

I would double check that Universal hotels are still included in the deal. I may have it wrong as I was looking at using my vouchers but read on a Facebook Orlando page that they are no longer included and when checking this out on the club card page there is a link to hotels.com which then states must say using coupon fromTesco which Universal hotels don’t but Disney hotels do. Hopefully this isn’t the case as it was a great deal.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
I would double check that Universal hotels are still included in the deal. I may have it wrong as I was looking at using my vouchers but read on a Facebook Orlando page that they are no longer included and when checking this out on the club card page there is a link to hotels.com which then states must say using coupon fromTesco which Universal hotels don’t but Disney hotels do. Hopefully this isn’t the case as it was a great deal.
Royal Pacific is still on the tesco/ hotels.com list. I used £85 of clubcard vouchers last week and got £244 off the price of a nights stay. I booked 5 of us into the room, so 2 days unlimited express passes for 5, cost me £88. £8.80 each per day for unlimited passes. That has to be a bargain!
I always forget about the clubcard points so end up having loads expire, it's like having a holiday saving scheme.

As there's 5 of us, we won't be staying there all squashed in the room (Me, wife, 21yr old son,22 yr old son's GF and our 13 yr old daughter), well the eldest two could stay there if they wanted to I guess.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
Royal Pacific is still on the tesco/ hotels.com list. I used £85 of clubcard vouchers last week and got £244 off the price of a nights stay. I booked 5 of us into the room, so 2 days unlimited express passes for 5, cost me £88. £8.80 each per day for unlimited passes. That has to be a bargain!
I always forget about the clubcard points so end up having loads expire, it's like having a holiday saving scheme.

As there's 5 of us, we won't be staying there all squashed in the room (Me, wife, 21yr old son,22 yr old son's GF and our 13 yr old daughter), well the eldest two could stay there if they wanted to I guess.
That’s good as it is a fabulous deal which we have used a couple of times.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I’ve got £60 towards hotel.com through clubcard, so that's a bit off, I don’t shop there anymore unfortunately.

The nightly rate when I go is £350 which is far more than I’d pay if it was just the two of us, but four x 2 day passes would be £800, expensive I guess as HHN’s.

I’ll book it quick before RPR gets removed from the deal I think!

Thank you everyone x