Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Hertsontour
I want to go now!

Split stay and starting Disney tickets early

We have booked a split stay in CSR and AKL (as there wasn't availability for the first part of the holiday at AKL). When we get to AKL we have the magic your way package with DDP and tickets.

I think I have seen somewhere that you can ask a cast member to start your tickets early as it would be good to use them when we are at CSR - we are staying for 9 nights so have plenty of time on the 14 day tickets if we do that.

Has anyone successfully done this and is there any advice as to how we can start them early?

Is there anyway we can book fast passes for the first part of our stay at CSR too?

Thanks for any tips and advice.
Hertsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Someone else asked Disney about this and got this reply:

https://DIBB.in/13533775
"We are so excited to hear that you will be visiting us next year! If you would like to activate your tickets early, you will have to go to a Theme Park for your first day and speak with a Cast Member in Guest Relations. Guest Relations at the Theme Parks can activate your tickets no more than 10-days before your stay with us on the property.

Please note that you will not be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days that are before your stay due to the tickets being attached to your reservation. Once the tickets are activated at the Theme Parks, you will be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days you have not already made for."

So, you can get your tickets early, but won't be able to book any fastpasses for your CSR stay until you're actually there and have sorted out your tickets.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Hertsontour
I want to go now!

Thank you so much. We only have a couple of nights at CSR and have the not so scary Halloween party booked for one of them so it is not that bad missing out on FP+

I am looking to take advantage of jet lag and see if we could make a 6am Hollywood Studios start for the first morning though. Maybe if we ignore Galaxys Edge and Slinky Dog we could get a ride or two in.
Hertsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hertsontour View Post
Thank you so much. We only have a couple of nights at CSR and have the not so scary Halloween party booked for one of them so it is not that bad missing out on FP+

I am looking to take advantage of jet lag and see if we could make a 6am Hollywood Studios start for the first morning though. Maybe if we ignore Galaxys Edge and Slinky Dog we could get a ride or two in.
We are looking to do exactly the same - we have one night at BCV prior to starting our package at AKL so would you mind coming back and letting me know if that was okay? thanks
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Hertsontour
I want to go now!

Absolutely. I am thinking about doing a mini trip report but even if I don't manage that will come back and let you know what happened.
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Someone else asked Disney about this and got this reply:

https://DIBB.in/13533775
"We are so excited to hear that you will be visiting us next year! If you would like to activate your tickets early, you will have to go to a Theme Park for your first day and speak with a Cast Member in Guest Relations. Guest Relations at the Theme Parks can activate your tickets no more than 10-days before your stay with us on the property.

Please note that you will not be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days that are before your stay due to the tickets being attached to your reservation. Once the tickets are activated at the Theme Parks, you will be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days you have not already made for."

So, you can get your tickets early, but won't be able to book any fastpasses for your CSR stay until you're actually there and have sorted out your tickets.
Ooh interesting. I have recently added a few days at CBR at the beginning of my September trip. The tickets were due to start when I move to the second accommodation. I decided to spend my time resort hopping until then but maybe I should look into this. Mind you, I had got accustomed to the idea and was quite looking forward to the resort hopping as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List