Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Aug 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Thanks for that.
We may look at getting an Uber,as it’s 4 friends going & we won’t have seen each other for nearly 6 months,there’s bound to be some cocktails & honky tonk bars involved somewhere during our time in Nashville,although maybe not before the grand ole oprey,as we want to fully enjoy our night there,as I never got to go on our last visit to Nashville.
Thanks for all the information
Tracy x
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing. We leave in under a month for our New Orleans > Memphis > Nashville > Smokey Mountains > Atlanta > Orlando trip so it was really interesting reading about what you got up to!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Can I ask how you got to the grand ole oprey please or did you drive.
I don’t want to drive,in case we fancy a few cocktails.
Sorry for the questions
Tracy x
We got a bus to oprey mills for shopping/eating prior to night at Grand Ole Oprey then jumped in a cab to return to our hotel just off Broadway. Can't remember the details, but know it was straightforward.
Prices in oprey mills were much cheaper than Orlando- I do remember that!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
We got a bus to oprey mills for shopping/eating prior to night at Grand Ole Oprey then jumped in a cab to return to our hotel just off Broadway. Can't remember the details, but know it was straightforward.
Prices in oprey mills were much cheaper than Orlando- I do remember that!
That’s great to know.
Thank you x
Old 10 Sep 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great review. Bloody love Nashville We are going back in Feb
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The Smokies are definitely creeping up the list for next year. I have been a little put off by some of the safety records / issues in the interstates. Did you experience any problems, and how did you find the driving overall?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
The Smokies are definitely creeping up the list for next year. I have been a little put off by some of the safety records / issues in the interstates. Did you experience any problems, and how did you find the driving overall?
The most unsafe I felt was getting out of Nashville itself, people seemed to drive much faster than in Orlando lol! there were also some major roadworks going on so to be fair think that added to the situation.

For the rest of it, driving around the Smokies totally fine, the drive to Nashville from Smokies and also from Memphis to pigeon forge was not particularly exciting but a lot of very big trucks and they definitely don't slow down we did see quite a few wrecks on the side of the road.

All that said I think they are much slower to clear things up than we are so who knows how long some of those wrecks had been there.
I think it would be a pretty full on first experience of driving in the USA, but if you've driven over there before you would be fine - just stay out of the way of the trucks they have places to be!

dreaming of my happy place
P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List