Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Aug 19, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

We did 5 nights at AKL and then moved to villa for two and a half weeks. As much as the hotel, buses and DDP were brilliant, I was a lot more relaxed when I got to the villa, we always get a car and prefer to go offsite to visit other places other than Disney, I’ve got two teens and they like they’re own space
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Thank you everyone lots of ideas. We’d def go for the DDP even if a moderate and upgrading.
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We did a split stay last year .
We hit Disney hard whilst onsite and then once we got to the villa with most of the must do's ticked off already (and early morning waking with jetlag gone) we changed pace and tended to have a bit more pool time and do the lazier mornings and later returns (usually mornings and late nights around the pool)
On site we were at the Boardwalk which we loved for location and I was excited to have a balcony but I actually only managed to use it once in the week but the location for us who prefer EPCOT and the Studios to MK was unbeatable so if you fancy the Yacht Club, it's expensive but worth it for location but you too might not have the time to use the balcony as much as you think too !
If you aren't going when free dining is on , the Swan and Dolphin are worth a look too, for location and balcony.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi lots of good advice given and it sounds as if okw would be perfect for you. Great place with easy access to parks and disney springs.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Thanks for all the responses from everyone really helpful.
Old 18 Aug 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Bertie, we are doing on site for the very first time next year.I always said I would never do it and have done villas and hotels and enjoyed being off site .Hoping I have not dropped a clanger by doing it but my other half has always wanted to do AKL and a very good friend offered us his DVC for a song so we went for it. We are doing a few days at Clearwater and I am considering a night stay at Universal mainly for two days Express passes, but yes we are doing it. I won't be able to afford to do AKL again with 5 of us so would be a moderate for us ... so I hope I don't like it TOO much.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buddog View Post
Bertie, we are doing on site for the very first time next year.I always said I would never do it and have done villas and hotels and enjoyed being off site .Hoping I have not dropped a clanger by doing it but my other half has always wanted to do AKL and a very good friend offered us his DVC for a song so we went for it. We are doing a few days at Clearwater and I am considering a night stay at Universal mainly for two days Express passes, but yes we are doing it. I won't be able to afford to do AKL again with 5 of us so would be a moderate for us ... so I hope I don't like it TOO much.
We done 10 nights AKL, 3 nights Disney Dream, then we were supposed to do 2 nights POFQ - stayed 1 night at POFQ and had to ask to be moved to WL (amazing hotel!). I think we just completely spoiled ourselves doing delux. We have always stayed in villas previously... I’d say the clanger will be dropped lol 😂
We just didn’t like POFQ at all! I’ll never know if it was because we spoiled ourselves or that we just didn’t like that type of hotel :/ 🤷

AKL And WL are amazing!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We done 10 nights AKL, 3 nights Disney Dream, then we were supposed to do 2 nights POFQ - stayed 1 night at POFQ and had to ask to be moved to WL (amazing hotel!). I think we just completely spoiled ourselves doing delux. We have always stayed in villas previously... I’d say the clanger will be dropped lol 😂
We just didn’t like POFQ at all! I’ll never know if it was because we spoiled ourselves or that we just didn’t like that type of hotel :/ 🤷

AKL And WL are amazing!
Oh no ! What have we done!
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buddog View Post
Oh sounds great! sure will be fabulous