Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Weve had a wish trip here back in 2012, when DD had finished her chemo, it was truly amazing. Such a friendly inspirational place. No ice cream for breakfast though, as DD wouldnt eat ice cream then! We visit everytime we go to orlando to visit her star and take gifts, we cannot thank them enough for making our holiday at a difficult time weve also done volunteering there, a truly amazing organisation. Its great that they offer this holiday to those who so badly need some escape. X
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

My friends daughter who has Cystic fibrosis got to go there a couple of years ago thanks to the Caudwell charity...it was an incredible experience for them all ,such a magical place xx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

My eyes leaked a bit when watching it.

What an incredible place.

I was trying to find the right words to use, so I hope that what I say is what I mean, it’s a place that nobody would ever chose to stay in but what an amazing place to create memories for those who do stay there.

I keep going on the video to read the comments as there are so many heartwarming ones and each time I let the adverts play out.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

We were granted a wish trip to GKTW in 2014 and it truly is an amazing and wonderful place. We are so privileged and thankful that we got to spend a magical week here. We visit every time we go to Florida to visit our daughter’s star and to remember its importance in our family’s story. We hope to one day volunteer ourselves when our children are old enough. An amazing charity and cause that I’m so thankful Tim and others (DIS Unplugged) have championed recently.
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My granddaughter went there in 2015 and we visited last year. It's an amazing place.
Sadly when I was buying a bracelet in there the man told me they have to keep them locked away or they get stolen. I was horrified.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List