Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 20 Aug 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Best way to get beer etc to Caribbean beach no car?

What's the best way to get groceries (more importantly beer) when staying at Caribbean beach with no car? Garden grocer online? Uber to a supermarket? Is there a shop walking distance? The one onsite isn't the cheapest. I should know this but it's hot, I'm tired and the kids are driving me nuts so I've forgot.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Garden Grocer or one of the other shop for me options works but you have to send them your passport info as I recall for ID. My paranoia disallows this option so I use them but not for beer. Also Disney now charge you to hold your shopping. With Uber been so efficient I’d do a quick trip to the nearest supermarket with cheaper prices and more choice. Or. Bus to the Boardwalk and take the walk to the petrol station. I’ve done it, can’t now recall how but a google will give you waking directions to achieve this. The risk with the supermarket run is buying a lot to rubbish you will throw away 🙄
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Thanks. I signed up with garden grocer just in case we decide to use them. How much do disney charge for holding? I sent my passport as I figured what can they do with it? They don't have any slots until late wed now and by the time I get organised it will be thu, so I'll have a look at the other options 1st.

Edited at 01:47 AM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Personally, without a car, I'd Lyft (or Uber; I only said Lyft because that's the App I went with for a MinnieVan once) to/from Walmart... beer, plonk, corkscrew (screw-tops are still rare over there), Lays, Ruffles, Cheetos... y'know, the important stuff

Guess the only potential downside is the Lyft back, whether there's WiFi in Walmart (really can't remember?) or you may have to turn on Data?
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We walk to the speedway petrol station across from Disney Springs, there is a walkway and bridge that goes over the main road by the parking garage if you look on google maps you can see it
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

can you not walk from BC to the speedway just down the road ? ? ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

When we stayed at CBR we went to Walmart by Uber twice. It was really easy and we got them to pick us up by the Jamaica bus stop and then drop us off by the block we were staying in. No carrying lost of heavy things then 😁
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Lyft and Uber are really easy to use over there and it would possibly allow you to stock up on Walmart goodies

Walmart Wifi is good too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Mobile

Thanks all. Went with uber and wallmart option. I'm a bit surprised by the garden grocer markup now. Amongst other things (and lots of beer) picked up another stroller for $14. Can't go wrong.