Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

I’m not very organised at the moment, I have printed a list of things to take but need to get to the shops and start buying them. Ben goes on the 15th Sept, I’m absolutely dreading it and I know him saying goodbye to his little brother will definitely have me in tears.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

At the moment we have done absolutely nothing about buying anything my son will need. He turns 18 soon so my energy has been spent organising that day, then next week it’s our silver wedding anniversary so effort spent on that, and we also go to Florida next week too. So... been a busy time organising and planning everything so any shopping etc that we need to do for my son will be after Florida- we have a week which should be more than ample. Hope so anyway!
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Good news update, Georgia did get her first choice accommodation in Bristol this morning. She was very stressed as some of the accommodation is quite a long way from the city and university and she was hoping she wouldn’t be too far away. Her halls are in a nice part of the city by the riverside, just minutes away from city centre and 10 minutes walk to university. That was quite a relief this morning as it’s been such a long wait to find out, so she’s happy now 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Good news update, Georgia did get her first choice accommodation in Bristol this morning. She was very stressed as some of the accommodation is quite a long way from the city and university and she was hoping she wouldn’t be too far away. Her halls are in a nice part of the city by the riverside, just minutes away from city centre and 10 minutes walk to university. That was quite a relief this morning as it’s been such a long wait to find out, so she’s happy now 😀
That’s excellent news! I’m sure that’s a weight off your mind.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re going to buy everything on the 5th as my youngest goes back to school that day.
Thinking Ikea for kitchen & bathroom bits & John Lewis for room stuff as they have a great student range.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

I'm a little late joining this thread as I really thought our "uni days" were over. DD has just completed 3yrs at Nottingham for Maths, and a 1 year Masters at Surrey for Information Security. DS left after A levels and went straight into an apprenticeship for Accounting. 2 years on and after his new job fell through he's decided accounting isnt for him and he wants to do Computer Science. We have spent the last 2 weeks, getting an application to go through clearing. He has finally decided and accepted a place at Winchester and starts on 16th September. Such a rollercoaster last month but he finally appears settled. Still waiting on accommodation but hope he will get on onsite, ensuite room (suffers IBS so would prefer that). FIngers crossed. Need to sort through what's useable from his sister's uni stuff and decide what needs replacing. Excited for him, but very nervous as he struggles with new things and finds it difficult to make friends in person due to anxiety. Luckily the uni is only 45 mins away so we can get there if needed or he can get home easily.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by lindasarahlou View Post
I'm a little late joining this thread as I really thought our "uni days" were over. DD has just completed 3yrs at Nottingham for Maths, and a 1 year Masters at Surrey for Information Security. DS left after A levels and went straight into an apprenticeship for Accounting. 2 years on and after his new job fell through he's decided accounting isnt for him and he wants to do Computer Science. We have spent the last 2 weeks, getting an application to go through clearing. He has finally decided and accepted a place at Winchester and starts on 16th September. Such a rollercoaster last month but he finally appears settled. Still waiting on accommodation but hope he will get on onsite, ensuite room (suffers IBS so would prefer that). FIngers crossed. Need to sort through what's useable from his sister's uni stuff and decide what needs replacing. Excited for him, but very nervous as he struggles with new things and finds it difficult to make friends in person due to anxiety. Luckily the uni is only 45 mins away so we can get there if needed or he can get home easily.
Well done to him. Winchester is lovely but quite expensive. Halls are pretty good, most are ensuite so hopefully he will be lucky. There also seemed to be a fair bit of movement in year across halls, so if not happy with first choice may be able to revisit.

I would also give the accom team a call re IBS if not done so already.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
That’s excellent news! I’m sure that’s a weight off your mind.
It is, although Georgia was prepared not to have her first choice and had researched other areas, her heart was set on Riverside. She’s actually joined the chat for her accommodation now, although she’s quite shy and not joining in lots, she is starting to get to know some others living there. Her house seems to have all science and medical students in it, so we presume that’s how Bristol puts the students so they can get to know others on their course or with similar interests.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lindasarahlou View Post
Congratulations to your son on his decision and place at Winchester. I think it’s going to be a worry for us all over the next few weeks and month, but hopefully they will all settle happily. I think this thread has helped lots of us by chatting and helping each other with our various questions and worries, so hopefully it can be some help to you too 😀
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That is good news. I am pleased for you as it means your daughter will start off feeling comfortable with her accommodation x
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List