Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SophieLou
Proud to wear my Ears

I would also recommend swimming lessons! I only learned when i was 40 and was so scared I left fingernail marks on my instructor I'm sure! I have also "nearly drowned" in shallow end instead of just standing up and go with eyes shut and screaming like a banshee approach but I am getting braver. I only do the old lady breast stroke but love being able to go in the water with my kids and also do the water parks with them...still no body slides tho! I also hurt my back very badly and the only exercise I could manage was swimming ... saved me really and helped me get back on my feet! Do it, you'll not regret it xx

Edited at 10:29 AM.
SophieLou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Just to report back i survived!

We went to Typhoon Lagoon. DS loved the ketchakiddee creek.
We all went on Gangplank Falls and Keelhaul Falls. I nearly bottled it but when I saw 3 year olds going on decided to be brave 😂 and enjoyed them both.
We also enjoyed the lazy river.
We just stayed 3 hours as I'm only just back on track after struggling with humidity.

We will go back on Monday either here again or blizzard beach.

Thanks to everyone
That is great to read. So glad you took the chance to experience some of the slides too. Says a lot that you are planning to got back on Monday.
Enjoy - waterparks are an essential part of our trips but having said that, I do get to spend some of our time there on the sun beds with my book while DH and DS go off to the more extreme slides together.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Just to report back i survived!

We went to Typhoon Lagoon. DS loved the ketchakiddee creek.
We all went on Gangplank Falls and Keelhaul Falls. I nearly bottled it but when I saw 3 year olds going on decided to be brave 😂 and enjoyed them both.
We also enjoyed the lazy river.
We just stayed 3 hours as I'm only just back on track after struggling with humidity.

We will go back on Monday either here again or blizzard beach.

Thanks to everyone
Well done!
So glad you enjoyed it
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

so glad you went, we love the waterparks, DH & kids love all the slides, I love the lazy river and a chilled out sunbed day without having to worry about them getting bored! I'll normally go on a few slides first thing when we get there before the queues get too busy then chill while they play in the waves as I don't like being out of my depth (kids are fine and stronger swimmers than I am, my son has just finished the rookie lifeguard training levels so hopefully he'd fish me out anyway!
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List