Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Aug 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Day 15 Lunch at Fire Eaters Grill in The Lost Continent and revert to one of our favourites with dinner at Cowfish

Our second day at Universal and another day of eating up all the snacks from our haul.

We had some of the fruit cups from WDW that were in the fridge as breakfast in the room this morning.

Plus Dave had a muffin and the kids had cookies.

We had some of the little mini Disney cookies while on the go.

In the queue for Poseidons Fury we ate some of the crisps, more fruit and other bits and bobs…it was very dark though so no photos.

We decided on an early lunch today from Fire Eaters Grill in The Lost Continent at IOA.

Dad was suffering from his cold and didn’t fancy anything and so just had water. The rest of us all had water too.

Max had chicken tenders with fries. Dave and me both had gyros with hummus. The gyros were really filling and I liked mine, I think if it had been later and I was more hungry I’d have got fries as the hummus as the side wasn’t great but as it was still early I didn’t mind. Kate had gyros with fries. Kate couldn’t eat all her fries and actually the rest of us didn’t eat them either, so we must have all been full. Mum had falafel gyros with hummus. She really liked her falafel and felt like the gyros was pretty stuffed with it.

The meal for the 5 of us came to $55. Not bad really.

Back at the hotel in the afternoon after doing all the wet rides the kids shared some of the sour balls candy we had got from Goofy’s.

Again we were waiting out the rain so we could go to the pool, but it didn’t stop . In the end we got ready to go back out to dinner and went down to Jake’s Bar. I think everyone in the hotel had the same idea as it was jam packed in here.

The kids both had cokes.

I had a Ginger Smash, wild turkey bourbon, ginger liqueur and lemon juice. I absolutely loved this drink it was very tasty and I could easily have drunk another. Dave had Gold Rush, essentially a whiskey sour as it was bourbon and lemon juice. He liked his.

Mum and Dad did joined us as the rain was stopping so we made them down their drinks (sprite for Dad and Mojito for Mum) and made a dash for Citywalk.

The kids had been keen to go to Cowfish as Kate loves sushi and Max loves burgers.

So, decision made then!

Max went for the Grasshopper milkshake which is a minty, chocolate masterpiece with vanilla ice cream, mint and shaved chocolate and is a mere $12 (although the menu said $11).

Kate went for Gimme More S’mores milkshake for $12 also, vanilla ice cream, double dark chocolate, marshmallows, crunchy graham crackers, topped with toasted marshmallow. Sorry the photo is so blurry.

I went for the Gin Sing, gin, crème de framboise, orange juice, lemon juice. This was a lovely cocktail and was gone way too quickly. Mum also had this and she really enjoyed hers, but hers seemed to last longer than mine did. Dave went for Bourbon Smash, bourbon, elderflower, lime juice, raspberries. Again he liked his, although it was more pink than he thought it would be (his is on the left, mine on the right).

Dad had a Ginger Ale.

We didn’t have any starters and just went straight for the main courses.

Kate and Mum both had the dozen sushi.

Max had the CBCLT burger but without the lettuce or tomato and the sauce on the side, so just cheese and bacon really .

Dad had the Dynamic Duo burger which had a rib in the burger.

Dave and me both had the Double Deuce sushi. There were loads of sushi and it was all really good. Some of them were quite spicy, all tasty. I couldn't quite eat it all but Kate helped me out

Dave and me also went back to an old favourite and had the Moscow Mule. This is a lovely drink, vodka, ginger beer, lime juice. It didn’t disappoint.

Max somehow managed to pour some of his drink down his T shirt, but at least he finished his.

Kate couldn't drink all her shake (just as I suspected ) but Max was happy to help out.

The bill came to $207 before tax and tip.

Not bad really for main courses for 6 people, 5 cocktails and 2 awesome milkshakes. Most of the meals were around $16, the sushi Dave and me had was $25 each, so these were pricier and we both had 2 cocktails.

We were happy with our meal and as it had finally stopped raining we let the kids get changed and get into the pool for an hour before going to bed so at least they got a swim in the pool, even if the rest of us didn't.

Next up, the last day and we still managed some cocktails a lovely Hurricane as it’s five o’clock somewhere , with lunch at Hard Rock.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Cowfish looks lovely as usual
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Cowfish looks amazing and that gin cocktail looks like my idea of heaven.

The S’mores milkshake had me drooling!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Aww I’m gutted you didn’t like the Key Lime Martini at Narcoosees- I agree it is very sweet though and my husband did steal half of it from me so I might have been struggling to finish a full one too. The Mango Mojito is amazing, probably one of my favourites! Loved your report, I am glad I am going out for cocktails this weekend as this has made me miss the Disney/ Universal cocktails

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Well done on beating the dining plan and getting to zero, that wasn’t really that many snacks you ended up with. It's really interesting that people think the dining plan is a lot of food but I think you planned everything out nicely so that you were never overwhelmed. You must have been so excited about moving to Universal as it’s been so long.

Antojitios looks great, I do agree though that Chilli’s is a bit more appealing, more Tex Mex than authentic Mexican, which is my preference.

Gosh actually paying for food is painful, Cowfish seems great value, especially for all that sushi, but that OOP cost still stings.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I love gyros so I’ll have to look out for them at Universal.
More fab cocktails, they all sound delicious!

Can’t believe the next day is the last one!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Well done on using up all of your credits - some nice snacks to finish off.

I do like the sound of your Fire Whisky, I think I would definitely prefer that to the frozen butter beer - it's a few years since I had it but I'm pretty sure I wasn't a fan.

Nice drinks at Antojitos and the food looks good as well. Shame you were shoved in a corner though.

Some lovely cocktails today, the ones both you and Dave had a dinner look lovely, and the good old Moscow mule, can't go wrong with that. The burgers at Cowfish look great, can't comment on the sushi

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Really enjoyed your latest trip report! There’s a few places we’re going to do glad to have seen recent reviews.

Looks like you all had an amazing time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Well done on beating the dining plan and getting to zero, that wasn’t really that many snacks you ended up with. It's really interesting that people think the dining plan is a lot of food but I think you planned everything out nicely so that you were never overwhelmed. You must have been so excited about moving to Universal as it’s been so long.

Antojitios looks great, I do agree though that Chilli’s is a bit more appealing, more Tex Mex than authentic Mexican, which is my preference.

Gosh actually paying for food is painful, Cowfish seems great value, especially for all that sushi, but that OOP cost still stings.
I was thinking the same for the OOP costs, first time doing a couple of days onsite at Universal this trip and even though I’ve visited in the past, I’ve never paid out much while there due to having evening ADRs. The lack of swiping the magic band without a care will be missed.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I had to laugh at Kate and Max with the snacks at Universal. My girls are like that too. If they know yummy snacks are there, they can't stop thinking about them until they've been eaten.

It's a shame that you didn't enjoy your meal at Antojitos, but Cowfish looked good. I'm looking forward to reading about your last day's meals and the full report.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List