Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ooo great start , love a good food report . I now want a fab lolly though 😂😂
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

Awesome stuff ... chuckling away about the Pizza stairs... sounds like the sort of thing i would do
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
It was the best pizza ever, it was better than Papa Johns and Dominos and Pizza hut combined, can we go back to Riverside and get a pizza, etc etc. I agree it was a very good pizza but he wanted to marry the thing.
Most things are better than Papa Johns,Dominos and Pizza hut combined. Sounds like DH was playing Shag, Marry or Kill - Pizza edition and decided on Marry. Well it could have been worse
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 09:45 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Craving pizza now
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great start, thanks for posting.

I love a Disney pizza, although I think that food that first night tastes so good because you are starving after the plane food, or I am anyway.

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 22 May 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a great start 👍
A good travel day, looking forward to reading more.
Enjoy 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

Great report, thank you for sharing it
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great travel day. Funny how much your husband loved the pizza.
It was funny until anytime I asked where he wanted to go or what he wanted to do, it was answered with 'get a riverside pizza'

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Fab bit of Disney pizza magic right there 😄 Really enjoying your report so far, thanks for sharing
Lol pizza magic, the best kind of Disney magic! Maybe the fairy godmother should have turned the pumpkin into a pizza instead...

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We love to get a Disney pizza on our arrival day, I'm not sure we have the same reactions your dh though! Nice to have a magical moment at the start of the trip even if you were a bit too tired at the time to fully appreciate it.

A fab start. I can't wait to read the rest.
Thanks for reading- it was definitley a nice magical moment and we never got another one so I felt bad I was too tired!

Originally Posted by galaxy101 View Post
To be fair that pizza looks pretty good 😂 🍕hope CBR do them xx
It was properly nice. We didn't try any elsewhere on property but I bet they have something similar!

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Ooo great start , love a good food report . I now want a fab lolly though 😂😂
Thanks for reading! I do like a fab lolly but I think last time we had a twister on Virgin which would be my preference!

Originally Posted by Craig_ld View Post
Awesome stuff ... chuckling away about the Pizza stairs... sounds like the sort of thing i would do
Definitley a 'me' kind of thing to do. I want to partly blame DH but he was wheeling both of our large cases so I really can't lol.

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Most things are better than Papa Johns,Dominos and Pizza hut combined. Sounds like DH was playing Shag, Marry or Kill - Pizza edition and decided on Marry. Well it could have been worse
Lol! Maybe he just has bad taste in pizza, but I can attest it was very yummy. We have had 'proper' pizza in Italy before, but he always says its not cheesey enough so I guess he likes the Americanised version.

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Craving pizza now
I sent him that picture of the pizza yesterday when I was writing the report and he was like 'hate you, I really want one now'

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great start, thanks for posting.

I love a Disney pizza, although I think that food that first night tastes so good because you are starving after the plane food, or I am anyway.

Looking forward to reading more.
I did suggest to him that maybe it was so good because we were exhausted and hungry, but we did end up getting another a few days late and it was really nice the second time too. Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
What a great start 👍
A good travel day, looking forward to reading more.
Enjoy 🙂
Thank you for reading

Sorry if I missed anyone!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Apologies as I'm having to switch back to the forum picture upload for now as Flickr is down, I know they don't look quite as good!

Day 2- 5th May 2019

So the original plan today was to head one of the Disney waterparks, to ease us in gently. Last time we went to Seaworld on the first day, hopped straight on Kraken and felt so sick we were back in the hotel by lunchtime! Sadly this plan was scuppered when the storm system was still hanging around and the weather predicted to be wet for most of the day, so we had to come up with a last minute alternative.

I was awake at 4.30am (of course) so had a think and decided on HS seeing as A) It was the park I was least bothered about, so if we didn't have a successful day I could live with it and B) It had EMH at 8am and we were up early anyway. I did have FPs all set to visit in a couple of days, carefully selected at 60 days out, but now I'd just have to take whatever I could get. Could only snag things like Little Mermaid so left it for now. If I'd been smart I'd have booked alternate wet-weather FP plans at 60 days. Don't be like Squish, be smart with your FP bookings!

Breakfast at POFQ Sassagoula Floatworks

As we were up early DH suggested taking a stroll along the river and checking out the POFQ food court for breakfast. I'd brought cereal with us and hadn't factored any QS breakfasts into our dining credits, but as we'd saved 2 QS credits the night before I was up for this. It's a really lovely walk, took about 10-15 minutes from our building. So peaceful early in the morning. In fact, Riverside is always peaceful. It's like a quiet haven away from the theme parks.

DH chose (and I just had to look this up on the menu as I couldn't work out what the heck it was from the picture) a ham and egg breakfast Po'Boy which was supposed to come with potatoes but he said he didn't want them

He thought this was okay but too eggy and too large (much larger than it looks in the picture, that's a full sized plate). He chose a coconut water thing to go with this. We didn't bother bringing our refillable cups over as we'd had coffee in the room. In fact we were useless with the refillable cups, I think we used them 2 or 3 times lol.

I had the The Big Easy Breakfast- Scrambled Eggs, House-smoked Ham or Breakfast Sausage, Breakfast Potato Casserole and a Buttermilk Biscuit. I had sausage and no eggs.

This was meh. It wasn't very warm and I didn't like the biscuit, it was very dry. I had this with an orange juice.

2 QS credits used.

We caught the bus from French Quarter to HS. I liked seeing FQ and we originally wanted to stay here but couldn't get it so picked Riverside instead. We were actually really glad for that, although FQ is cute we much preferred the open and relaxed layout of Riverside.

At HS we rode Midway Mania on standby which was about a 30 minute queue, we got in just after 8am in EMH and Slinky was already almost 2hrs! No thanks. We then rode ToT with about a 40 minute queue, love this ride.

Lunch- Woody's Lunchbox

Is it only me that thinks 'Woody's Lunchbox' sounds a bit rude? Or am I just immature? Anyway, we both chose the same thing.

BBQ Brisket Melt
Sliced Smoked Brisket, Pickles and tangy BBQ Sauce between melted Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheeses on Grilled Sourdough

DH had his with potato barrels and I had the tomato soup. I know soup sounds like a bad idea in the Florida heat, but it was so nice dipping the sandwich into it and definitley the winner in terms of side. We both really loved this sandwich and would get it again.

To drink I chose:
Mystic Portal Punch
POWERadeŽ Mountain Berry Blast with flavors of Lemon-Lime and Tangerine
This was really refreshing and delicious. DH had an iced coffee which he didn't really enjoy, I don't like iced coffee so can't comment. Within a few minutes it had several love bugs practising their synchronised swimming in it anyway. The love bugs were a massive pain in the outdoor seating area here, it was like when you have to defend your chips from a pack of seagulls on the beach.

Oh, and we used mobile order for all of this. Works like a charm and allowed me to faff around removing the pickles from my sandwich.

2QS credits used

Snacks

I had my heart set on trying the Key Lime Pie on a stick. You can find this in the incredibles area from a small snack cart, the one that does the numnum cookies. I think it's supposed to be a limited time snack, but has been around a while now. We got one to share.

This was soooooo good! My favorite snack credit of the trip. It's key lime pie with a 'graham cracker' (digestive) base covered in white chocolate on a stick. It's very creamy and tastes like a cheesecake, which I was totally OK with.

After a couple of bites DH decided to go back and get another as he wanted one all to himself! And somehow I wasn't allowed any of that one despite the fact he'd eaten a third of mine. Hmmm.

2 snack credits used

We managed to snag a FP for RnR and bypassed a 2hr queue, and also did Little Mermaid and saw Beauty and the Beast and Frozen. We wanted to see Indiana Jones but the rain was really coming down and there was an hour to wait, so we ducked into Starbucks.

I had a refresher drink- I want to say it was hibiscus and passionfruit or something?! Sorry!

I know you can get a vente with a snack credit, but I couldn't even finish a grande and didn't want to waste it. DH went all British and had a hot tea.

This isn't even on the menu but you can just ask for it. We also picked up the HS Starbucks mug, they are $19.99 before tax. Kind of gutted that they've just changed the range from the You Are Here designs to the Been There ones, as we have the Universal, Orlando and Miami ones in the YAH style. Sigh.

2 snacks used

The rain was still fairly biblical and wasn't stopping so we made a call that Indiana Jones would be cancelled and left about 2pm. I did get a notification later that my FP for Indy had been cancelled so there you go. We missed Fantasmic but decided we'd have to come back another night for it. Overall a fun day at HS but as predicted its the Disney park I'm least into.

Coming up, dinner at Boma!

Edited at 10:41 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List